Police threaten to charge ‘Farang BaanNok’ for posting rant, so he apologizes

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

Its not over the top to suggest he should be deported, if he doesn't have a working visa he should be deported as running a website or having a YouTube channel where he gets paid is working and he's doing this in Thailand.

Well see, there's no laws against running a website especially YouTube that I'm aware of. And he can only get paid IF he monetizes it. Another thing, rest assured, yes he does, in fact has a legitimate work visa. How else would he be able to promote a movie much less be in one if he didn't legally?

Well see, there's no laws against running a website especially YouTube that I'm aware of. And he can only get paid IF he monetizes it. Another thing, rest assured, yes he does, in fact has a legitimate work visa. How else would he be able to promote a movie much less be in one if he didn't legally?

His youtube channel does generate income.

He needs to setup a thai corporation and hire four thais to be legal.

He is working illegally in the Kingdom.

7 hours ago, Serviceman78 said:
On 11/30/2016 at 3:41 PM, Wazza1 said:

Its not over the top to suggest he should be deported, if he doesn't have a working visa he should be deported as running a website or having a YouTube channel where he gets paid is working and he's doing this in Thailand.

He would need a work-permit, which is not a visa, it's a separate document.

The work permit only covers the work for the Thai company that applied for the permit.

Two minutes of work outside of the Thai company's declared work is a full violation.

8 hours ago, Serviceman78 said:

I would point out how wrong you are but 2 other people beat me to it. 

2 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

I would point out how wrong you are but 2 other people beat me to it. 

He has both and he's been hired by the company he works for. Now if the company is actually monetizing his videos and paying a percentage to him, that's all on them. You can only make money on the videos you monetize per their new rules that went into place a few months ago. That's how youtubers make their money. You can have over a million views but if you don't monetize it, and yes there is a button under settings when you create it, that's all you get are views. 

1 hour ago, Serviceman78 said:

but if you don't monetize it, and yes there is a button under settings when you create it, that's all you get are views. 

So you suggest he makes a fool of himself just for a laugh, with no financial gain ???

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So you suggest he makes a fool of himself just for a laugh, with no financial gain ???

There's a whole other side of the story to it. It's mostly for exposure. I've suggested that maybe he should look into making money off it, but his boss says otherwise.

On 30-11-2016 at 7:44 AM, monspencer said:

What I would like to know is, why don't the police crack down all these very noisy lorries and buses that are possibly louder than this guys motorbike, and that are belching out clouds of filthy smelly black smoke that must contravene emission regulations.

Do these vehicles ever get tested?

Btw, I know that TiT, so that probably excuses the police and the authorities.

I agree, yesterday i passed a big dumptruck with trailer who had a muffler of 40 cm diametre driving in BKK trafficjam. 

Why is it the BKK police only dares to stop motocycles for not wearing a helmet? And even that doesn't work cause they're everywhere.

On 11/30/2016 at 1:45 PM, FredNL said:

You have to say: "Farang is always GUILTY."

It is what the RTP says. "If farang not come to Thailand it never happen"!!!

That is only what is said on TV, not by the RTP.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That is only what is said on TV, not by the RTP.

If farang not come to Thailand it never happen"!!!

That is what I heard, in 2012, coming out of the mouth of a Bang Phlat police officer when I had to file the theft of a 40 ft container loaded with wines when it was cleared at customs.

I wasn't even a TV member in 2012.

It's amazing and also a bit sad that some people can easily become 'social media stars' !

I often miss the days when there was no social media. Now (well, for a long time now actually), for example, when you get on the skytrain, you see that almost everyone's eyes are glued to their smart phones; probably the majority of them being on some social media site.

And, no, I am not jealous of those 'stars' :) And, yes, of course, I know that there are also some benefits of social media.

1 minute ago, FredNL said:

If farang not come to Thailand it never happen"!!!

That is what I heard coming out of the mouth of a Bang Phlat police officer when I had to file the theft of a 40 ft container loaded with wines when it was cleared at customs.

Thai logic at its finest. I hear this kind of rationale frequently and they actually believe it. You are ALWAYS responsible for bad things that happen to you because you do not belong here, you are not Thai. It is the mindset that subsumes all logic and common sense. This even includes diseases and reckless driving on the part of Thai motorists that claim farang victims. There is simply no way around the inevitable mantra:  "You no Thai.....you no unnerstan."

Archived