Did retirement extension 11/28.....CM....

Congratulations really. That place up there seems to be hell on earth, with nasty employees and really stupid enforcement of the immigration-laws. I am surpriced that anyone among us falangs, even prefer to stay and to live up there in CM....

Glegolo

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Congratulations really. That place up there seems to be hell on earth, with nasty employees and really stupid enforcement of the immigration-laws. I am surpriced that anyone among us falangs, even prefer to stay and to live up there in CM....

Glegolo

Thanks, I have plans to move to BKK, and was delaying to avoid complicating seasoning/renewal.  Chiang Mai is a special place, but.......

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

At what time did you start queuing up outside the office? And did you manage to accomplish this seemingly Herculean task completely off your own bat without any assistance from agents?

I got there at 3:15 am.  The tuktuk driver couldn't beilive it.  At 5; you would have been 7 or 8.  As a bonus, we only had to wait 30 minutes or so after the interview to get or pp back.  No coming back at 15:00 like last year.  No agent was involved.

• Like 1

I went to Phitsanulok Immigration last Thursday with all my paperwork, to ask if was all in order to renew Retirement Extension due on 7th Dec. There were three officers and a 'new' lady there, and two other customers. One officer said go to Bangkok Bank now, get your letter, which I did in 20 minutes. He did extension AND a re-entry permit within the hour. Would not do my 90 days as that is due on 17th Dec. He said come back on 10th.

All in all a very efficient job well done.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I went to Phitsanulok Immigration last Thursday with all my paperwork, to ask if was all in order to renew Retirement Extension due on 7th Dec. There were three officers and a 'new' lady there, and two other customers. One officer said go to Bangkok Bank now, get your letter, which I did in 20 minutes. He did extension AND a re-entry permit within the hour. Would not do my 90 days as that is due on 17th Dec. He said come back on 10th.

All in all a very efficient job well done.

I use P'Lok office and always receive polite and efficient service. Also a fairly small and quiet branch.

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Good for you all.  If I had known it was so easy elsewhere and so problematic in CM; I would have given much more serious consideration to some of the lesser known places, which often seem quite nice to visit.  

I dont know about you my friend,. but for me at least, I must be registrered at one special immigrant-.office that I belong to. This is determent where you live geographicly,,, NOT were you like to choose to go!!

So if you live and belong to Chiang Mai, that is very you should go no matter if there are strange officials there..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

that's right. Chiangmai is a terrible place. 

wink wink.

besides, I'll give you another one.  here only the farlang speak Bangkok Thai..... if you are a social person.  and the TV. Thai TV.... ah... I'll stop there.

Edited by maewang99