Banning Baby Bikers: Kids told not to drive motorcycles

webfact

That's why I like it here. I come from a country where one gets fined for walking on the grass in a park.

Ah, how refreshing!
Another one of those guys!
Wait until your kid or wife gets hit by an overloaded bus, driven by a monkey on yaba, while she was driving with no lights on the wrong side!
No rules is not so great then, is it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Ah, how refreshing!
Another one of those guys!
Wait until your kid or wife gets hit by an overloaded bus, driven by a monkey on yaba, while she was driving with no lights on the wrong side!
No rules is not so great then, is it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You know what? I still like it here because of the lax rules. I drive myself on the wrong side of the road, so what?  Apparently, you also believe in the Walking Dead. I will come back and haunt you. 55555.

6 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

My parents refused to buy me a scooter.

Said they didn't want to see me die just yet. ?

My folks took it to the next level.  Not only would they not buy me one, but I wasn't allowed to buy one, even with my own money.  Or ride one that any of my friends owned.

Same reasoning as your parents.

17 hours ago, DM07 said:

Kids are "told" not to ride motor cycles!

How about taking some laws and enforce them, hold the parents account....oh never mind!

Let's see what's wrong with your logic. #1...TIT. That should suffice.

But, just to humor anyone who took you seriously.  If the parents have enough money to provide a motorbike for their children, chances are there is some some face to be lost by accusing them of breaking a law...and Saving Face trumps every law. 

How much money can all 5 children have on them? Maybe enough to buy some sugary drinks, but definitely not enough to purchase some serious tea. Not worth the policeman's efforts.

Just by having 3-5 children under the age of 15 on a motorbike (including the driver) a dangerous roadway is automatically created. This can be seen every weekday in front of school entrances where these children drive to and from, while traffic is being 'controlled' by a police officer, who is oblivious to the danger he witnesses on a regular basis. 

If they truly want safer roads, then they should enforce the laws instead of grandstanding by stating facts that most idiots already know, and also know how to get around them.

Edited by jaltsc

Law is here but no one enforce it, I know kids 15 driving big lorry for his father's business, police only work whenever they want, night time the police does not bother to do much. They see bike riders do not wear helmet, but they would not do anything. It is normal here. They will enforce the law whenever they like it.

Just now, jamesmith said:

Law is here but no one enforce it, I know kids 15 driving big lorry for his father's business, police only work whenever they want, night time the police does not bother to do much. They see bike riders do not wear helmet, but they would not do anything. It is normal here. They will enforce the law whenever they like it.

I wouldn't worry about this. Law of Darwin governs the continuation of genes of smart parents only...

7 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm.....I don't think there is any word in the thai language that means responsibility or care

That could be right. In '94 I heard someone Thai say "Yang mai care". My boss who had been in TL 15 years at that time told me that there is actually no word for care? And responsibility? If there is a word, too often they don't show any......

Edited by freebyrd

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 943 youngsters less than 15 years of age died or motorcycle-related road accidents last year and, of these, 378 of them are motorcycle riders in 10-14 age group, according to the Centre for the Promotion of Safety and Prevention of Injuries among Children.

Time to disband the Centre. It's obviously failed its mission.

Give its funding to TAT to promote more tourism where adult tourists are more likely to die on a Thai vacation than children.

5 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

C'mon. The picture is very old, the bike is just a 2-stroke 50cc neighbourhood-scooter. In thailand it is called "Rot Pab", and it doesn't need a licence plate. I wouldn't consider that as toooo dangerous, as along as you only drive slowely in small sois or alleys. BUT it is something else with a liquid-cooled (and engine-tuned) 125cc bike that can reach easily 110kph. Driving that bullet on a highway or on a frontage-road is really suicidal....

Its called a red and goopy pancake after being  hit by a bus with faulty brakes, because they DONT stay in the alleyways.

one of the hardest things to deal with in Thai traffic, IMHO, is the variety of speeds  vehicles do, whilst traveling  in the same direction, making things so dynamic... and dangerous.

oh no... somchais starting to slow down and wobble a bit to the left.... wait wait... it's ok... he was only tapping out a quick SMS in 60 kph traffic

3 hours ago, Keesters said:

It's a long time since I got my kid (then 15) a motorcycle license but at that time he was allowed up to 90cc only. Had to wait till he was 18 for a larger bike.

Anybody know the current (legal) situation?

Could start with the schools. They are supposed to be educators after all. 555. Don't let anyone onto school grounds with a motorbike unless licensed and helmeted.  Or as a real surprise, start with a can't leave unless.......the same rules

Legal age for a motorbike license is still 15 years. But they can drive bike up to 110cc. With 18 years they can drive bigger motorbikes.

Few years back my wife and I were visiting some friends who live on a small soi off the main highway.  Everyone sitting outside on the front patio talking.  Woman across the soi yells at her young son (later found out he was 10) to go to the market for something.  Kid hops on a Click, roars up the soi, turns RIGHT, against the flow of traffic, and smack into the grill of a Hilux.  Dead before his body hit the pavement.  Mother went ballistic screaming at the driver of the truck.  

Edited by Just1Voice

It's sad to see the many youngsterd died or get injured in motor bike accidents but it's a social problem in this country if you see how stupid and reckless the adults are driving and teach this way to their children and youngsters!

As long that will not change there wont be any drop of death

And its the police who not get up to look after that, just sit in their aircon boots and not care about THIS problem!

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

If they do not die by 15, they will soon after and before that continue to contribute to the problem for their peers.  The story told to?  that is the problem, to solve it you got to accept the problem and more important practice what you preach which is the major problem with all their rules.

Geeze I got a problem following this statement. Translation please. 

4 hours ago, bandito said:

You know what? I still like it here because of the lax rules. I drive myself on the wrong side of the road, so what?  Apparently, you also believe in the Walking Dead. I will come back and haunt you. 55555.

"I drive myself on the wrong side of the road, so what?" and you are proud of that are you? I sincerely hope that the first time you are involved in an accident, and it will happen, and someone is hurt, I hope any people nearby grab you and give you a good kicking, it will be thoroughly deserved.

4 hours ago, bandito said:

Don't knock the living dead; Jesus created 3 zombies and each one is celebrated. It was movies what gave zombies a bad image, zombies are miracles to be worshiped.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Few years back my wife and I were visiting some friends who live on a small soi off the main highway.  Everyone sitting outside on the front patio talking.  Woman across the soi yells at her young son (later found out he was 10) to go to the market for something.  Kid hops on a Click, roars up the soi, turns RIGHT, against the flow of traffic, and smack into the grill of a Hilux.  Dead before his body hit the pavement.  Mother went ballistic screaming at the driver of the truck.  

She probably was shocked at the damage to the Click...

4 hours ago, jamesmith said:

You mean when its tea money time.