Motorcyclist’s death prompts action to fix airport road

webfact

Motorcyclist’s death prompts action to fix airport road

Phuket Gazette 

pkt1.jpeg      

Locals put up a sign on one of the barriers, asking authorities how many people they want to see dead before they decide to fix the road. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- Following the death of a 22-year-old motorcyclist who broke his neck Thursday night ramming into a concrete blockade on the lane alongside the Phuket Airport runway, authorities have requested a 72 million baht budget to fix and widen the road.

The lane had once been a through road but was blocked off with four heavy-duty blocks in August after heavy rains caused a landslide.

Following the fatal accident on November 24, locals put a sign on the barrier that read: ‘How many more deaths do you want before you fix it?' and posted photos of the road block on social media.

Facebook user Sulaimarn Kaewngamdee on Monday posted 14 pictures and 12 videos highlighting the dangerous conditions and demanding answers from the authorities.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Motorcyclists-death-prompts-action-fix-airport-road/65933?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-01

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Facebook user Sulaimarn Kaewngamdee on Monday posted 14 pictures and 12 videos highlighting the dangerous conditions and demanding answers from the authorities.

Nice gesture but Facebook hmm could turn against him. The words prompts requested is where the true problem lies. Funding these things always seem to hit a roadblock as well.

Looking at the mud to the left of the picture it looks like bikes have just been going around the side of the blocks.

One would hope that the road should be widened anyway for use in emergency situations. Common sense dictates............................oh hand on- just remembered where we are. Cancel my last.

12 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

Most motorcycles are equipped with devices to prevent them from ramming into concrete blocks, I believe they are called brakes.

Motorcycles are also fitted with cunning devices that assist in driving at night, I believe they're called lights. Sometimes however it appears the clowns that ride some of these motorcycles don't seem to know how to turn this particular device on.

52 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

Way off. My calculations put it at 106. 523c2357014f99790aba055be1b57195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

52 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

Way off. My calculations put it at 106. 523c2357014f99790aba055be1b57195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I would need to see the full workings out but the kid is in the way. You may be right, it was 55 years since i went to school.