Big Mac inventor dies, aged 98

webfact

Big Mac inventor dies, aged 98

606x341_351150.jpg

Michael James Delligatti, the inventor of the Big Mac, has died at the age of 98.

He famously said it took him two years to convince McDonald’s that his creation was a good idea, but then it became one of the brand’s most well-known sandwiches.

The double beef pattie on a hamburger bun was first released onto the market in Pennsylvania, 49 years ago and is still going strong today.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-02

20 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

He invented the Egg McMuffin too. I like both every now and again.

Oh my gosh! We agree on something! Stop the world. :smile:

McDonald's in Thailand just introduce the "signature collection" burger which is similar to the 1/4 pounder in the US and is not too bad.

FYI - The Sausage McMuffin with egg is now on sale for 59 Baht (from 97) until Jan 26th.

• This guy probably killed more people than smoking, and while we are at it I would say that America, foisting it,s disgusting dietary habits on the rest of the world, has destroyed the health of entire countries ! Coca Cola should be banned, along with all the other c**p that they have been peddling to the public for financial gain, and the only decent thing they ever put out was the Egg McMuffin !

6 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

See? Those Big Macs will kill you...eventually!

If eating Big Macs can cause you to live to 98, I think McDonald's is onto something. :smile:

Must be all those preservatives. 

The Big Mac is the world's most iconic burger.  However, Delligatti doesn't deserve all the credit.  The double decker burger was actually originally developed by Bob's Big Boy.  Delligatti only replaced hamburger relish (ketchup and relish) with McDonald's Special Sauce (a tangy thousand island, basically the hamburger relish with mayo and more vinegar).  

27 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

The Big Mac is the world's most iconic burger.  However, Delligatti doesn't deserve all the credit.  The double decker burger was actually originally developed by Bob's Big Boy.  Delligatti only replaced hamburger relish (ketchup and relish) with McDonald's Special Sauce (a tangy thousand island, basically the hamburger relish with mayo and more vinegar).  

Thank you. Not sure why people are even mentioning this guy. What did he do really? Reinvent something that already existed, and then claim credit for something new. Let's add an extra bun and patty. Wow. Amazing creativity.

Thanks for that Shot....it's stuck in my mind. He was pretty well known for the Big Mac. I wonder whatever happened to the guy who invented the deep fried peanut butter jelly and tamale burger?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. Not sure why people are even mentioning this guy. What did he do really? Reinvent something that already existed, and then claim credit for something new. Let's add an extra bun and patty. Wow. Amazing creativity.

The guy invented the hamburger.  he put a pattie of ground up lips, noses and other intestines between 3 slices of bread, added fake yellow cheese, some old lettuce and tomato sauce.  The guy was a pure culinary genius.  This marvelous food in now being sold in what is claimed to be world famous "RESTAURANTS."  When I pick up a hot chick I always book a table at these restuarants.   A gentlemen must make an impression.  I tell her her to rap her lips around the best beef burger.  For some unknown reason they leave.