Forum upgrade in progress! ×

International schools 200k a year??

I know this has probably been done to death but I'm looking for international schools for my two boys aged 9+10.  

They're currently studying in Saudi,  but would possibly move to Bangkok for the next academic year. 

200k per year per boy is about the maximum I want to spend.  So does anyone have any recommendations?

I am looking for maximum 25 in a class,  and good English spoken amongst the kids.  is this possible? 

Would prefer to the north or east of Bangkok but am flexible.  wife would be doing the  school run.

Don't know any international school at 200K

Where the school is located is important with the Bangkok traffic, I checked the area inside - Victory Monument to Sukhumvit, Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkapi and the area north of that up to Kaset Nawamin to Wiphavawee (not including RamIntra) sort of 6 months ago and the by far best choice I found was:

St. John's International School close to Central Latprao. It is an old international school with a good tradition and big campus. It is well priced at a bit over 300K, 10% discount for 1 year up payment front and some discount if you enroll 2 kids I suppose. Only around 10 to max 15 pupils in each class, that is absolutely great for learning. I will move my daughter there next year

200K? More outskirts of Bangkok. I never checked Nonhaburi, Pathum Thani etc

Good luck

Mikey

I don't have first hand experience of any of the schools, that must be said. This is just my brain dump but I have been here a while so should be worth something I hope

Keewalee is way up North outside Bangkok. I would expect a good campus as land prices will have dropped a lot. Still possible to commute from a bit north in Bangkok if you're close to the right express way. Need to check teachers, could be good choice -> if you live and work in the North of Bangkok

RC - Doesn't say when it was opened but it's in the same soi where the old Ruamrudee international school was 25 years ago before it moved so very central close to Wireless Road. You really need to check this but I think it is fairly new, I've heard of the learning centre many times but rarely the international school. As I said, check to confirm. I expect that it has built on grades since it started and it's at grade 7 now so not complete secondary education. Their plan should be to complete it before your kids get to that age I suppose but no one knows with so many international schools in Bangkok now. 

You're wrong about tuition fee for RC, I get it to 12 + 65*3 (3 terms) = 205. It really sounds cheap to be so central actually and I don't know why. Probably half or slightly less than half native English speakers and the rest Philippine teachers. Not saying that is bad by the way, they are pretty good with education degrees too, I doubt that all the western teachers will have that. Will need to check school carefully.

RC sounds too cheap, are they selling cheap to get number of students up or are they caught in the competition with too many international schools, struggling and need to reduce prices? Check carefully, could be great choice or?

Modern IS: I think it is an exclusively Indian teacher school, probably great education to a very price worthy price but I bet the vast majority of the students are Indians with some Pakistanis. I was thinking of Modern myself but decided for St. John's instead. I remember the campus when it was brand new and tuition was among the very highest in Bangkok so it's a bit of a dream for me to be able to afford to send my daughter there. My experience of my daughters primary school in Bangkok has led me to look for old schools with tradition and experience, that's why I chose St. John's. 40 years as school, 25 as international school.

Trinity : Christian school which I don't want so never checked closer. Maybe it is right for you. Very central, another Why is it so cheap? Or is it a gold mine non-profit Christian school? I bet 50% non native but not a problem for me

You should really try refusing to pay the registration fee, there are too many international schools in Bangkok nowadays and most of them are struggling to fill class rooms. Buyers market so to speak

Good luck. PM me if you want

Michael

Try International Pioneer School just walking distance to BTS Krung Thonburi.
Can also try New Sathorn School in Maha Mek Sathon.
Both outskirts but easy access by public and private transport. Cost around 150K and if particular on child meals, they have 2 menu which you can select:
1. Non vegetarian (Halal)
2. Vegetarian
I am not writing to introduce halal food menu but you can see that the meat is usually times expensive in supermarket but the cost for meals they kept is also reasonable. At least IPS have Cambridge system, yet to visit the other one.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

: /   I've never heard of the schools mentioned.

Could try home schooling or online tutoring or scholarship.

I used to study at Bromsgrove international school and Regents international school pattaya and now studying at the university of bristol. To be honest, it won't really matter which school you send your kids to. You could teach and motivate them, but how they progress is entirely in their hands. Try not to worry too much.

Archived