1969 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

Gordons

1 minute ago, Gordons said:

I know where it is, but yes it's missing from the car (& unavailable for reconnecting to it - someone using it for barbecuing or something daft), so yes I need another one ?

20160930_142747.jpg

Nice find.....You will get one in the UK...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

you could probably pay less for a whole Rolls SilverShadow in Australia, for less than you'd pay for just the rare RRgrill in LOS 

mmm Rolled Prawn :vampire: in a duco glazed sauce yum yum

9 minutes ago, steve187 said:

slim

Chances are very slim.

There is a family that has some Rolls Royce vehicles.

But I can't tell here :whistling:

There is slight (also slim) chance that you can find a craftsman that handbuilds you one from a good photo sample.

"Tailor made".

Edited by Sunak

Just now, tifino said:

you could probably pay less for a whole Rolls SilverShadow in Australia, for less than you'd pay for just the rare RRgrill in LOS 

mmm Rolled Prawn :vampire: in a duco glazed sauce yum yum

There are folk in the UK that can fabricate anything without going to an expensive source..

One2Car has a couple of Shadow grilles for sale (one's from a Spur but the grille's the same) but obviously they're very expensive.  The good thing is that they're both attached to complete cars which are thrown in free of charge so you'll also get the wings, sills and chrome trim that it seems you might need.

More seriously, why don't you contact the service dept of Rolls-Royce Thailand and see if they can order it for you?  

DELETED

And even more seriously, a friend of mine owns S.Y. Antique Car, any parts that they cannot get for their own restorations they can manufacture in-house but they are not cheap.  For some reason I can't embed their Fb details but their other company's Facebook and contact is DELETED

Ask for Art or Oak, both speak English.  Seems that I can. after all...

DELETED - PM for details

One of their restorations...

522190_441997582514264_1541007273_n.jpg?

Edited by seedy
LINK

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

One2Car.com has a couple of Shadow grilles for sale (one's from a Spur but the grille's the same) but obviously they're very expensive.  The good thing is that they're both attached to complete cars which are thrown in free of charge so you'll also get the wings, sills and chrome trim that it seems you might need.

More seriously, why don't you contact the service dept of Rolls-Royce Thailand and see if they can order it for you?  

Because you do NOT have to pay a RR price tag..........

Edited by seedy
LINK

Posts Edited - Forum rule - 18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Really?  Where do you suggest in Thailand would he NOT have to pay RR price for RR parts then?

Internet is a handy tool, you yourself can stick to 7-11 but there is a big wide world out there with carriers....

The car's in the UK, I'm in Thailand (at present) so yes a whole host of possibilities there. Just wondering if something was available here cheaper than there like many other things here. I thought unnecessarily provocative posts were another forum no no, but obviously some trolls have escaped. Yes it needs sills etc (not the wing trim, have that   & the hub caps before anyone else chirps in) but if you know he's cars you'll know they have a very study chassis. The sills are a cosmetic & can even simply be fabricated rather than paying the £200 per sill price quoted by many.   Anyhoo. ...  

20161119_130712.jpg

The UK is probably the cheapest place to buy parts for these early Shadows now due to the volume of them taken off the road. But you know that any way I'm sure.

As you'll also know used grills fetch £500 - £800.

California, Japan and Germany markets are worth checking also .

The owners of these cars in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore value their car at way over real world values due to taxes and duties and this affects everything to do with them.

Hi

Not sure if this will help, but I remember Ed and Mike on the show 'Wheeler Dealer's'  restoring a bentley, in this show they normally try to get items in the most cost effective manor so watching it might give some pointers for your project

best of luck with the restoration :)

Thanks for all the helpful replies. One sold on ebay uk for £285 (less mascot) last week so that seems fair and the best look out. 

Thought I'd  watched all the Wheeler Dealer episodes several times but must have missed that one!!! Thanks for the link

On 12/4/2016 at 3:38 PM, transam said:

Looks like a Bentley without grill,  when OP gets a grill,  best do as one of my friends in UK did who had an old Roller,  he got a unscrewable for want of better words :laugh: flying lady cause the original got nicked. :biggrin: