Festive Season Goodies

jonwilly

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalked up only one 'FAIL' this year.  Pickled Onions.  Sure I'd seen them somewhere some time ago but I might have been imagining it.  Conveniently of course in CM there's normally a 20-30 minute trek between most of the likely big supermarkets which makes tracking things down a bit of a PITA (well, a lot actually) :saai:

12 hours ago, SooKee said:

Chalked up only one 'FAIL' this year.  Pickled Onions.  Sure I'd seen them somewhere some time ago but I might have been imagining it.  Conveniently of course in CM there's normally a 20-30 minute trek between most of the likely big supermarkets which makes tracking things down a bit of a PITA (well, a lot actually) :saai:

Kasem Store has carried them, Rimping too, call them and miss your exercise?

Edited by Dante99

Big C on superhighway has Haywards pickled onions,

so maybe the one at Hangdong  has them also,but my

favorite is Haywards baby beetroot, unfortunately none

left at  Superhighway branch.

Parsnips ,Rimping Meechok has a lot in stock,from Oz.

My kingdom, for some really good sweet mince pies,

no jars left at Meechok so cannot make any.

regards worgeordie

15 hours ago, SooKee said:

Jo's Bakery... 

IMG_1667.PNG

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Arrrgghhhh.  Seriously?  I never gave Big C a thought seeing as the one at Mae Hia is a bit crap (well, VERY crap TBH) so just stuck with Rimping, Tops and Makro.  The Tops at Airport Plaza has a very limited spread but I was surprised Central Festival didn't have them.  Missed out on the baguettes at Makro yesterday so despite my vow not to go out Xmas day I may have to take a run (the bread at Rimping is really crap IMO, they really over-bake the baguettes, bullet proof crusts!!), so I might hit the Big C at Mae Hia, just on the off chance.  Christmas Day, shopping for baguettes and pickled onions.  Baaaaaaaad planning!!!

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Kasem Store has carried them, Rimping too, call them and miss your exercise?

Yah.  I've had staff in stores tell me 'no have' even when they've had stock of what I want right in front of their eyes so the confidence levels are somewhat lacking for anything I want to be sure of.

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Yah.  I've had staff in stores tell me 'no have' even when they've had stock of what I want right in front of their eyes so the confidence levels are somewhat lacking for anything I want to be sure of.

So it was right in front of them and you know this to be fact because you were there (no other way) which begs the question why you asked for something that was right in front of You?

Anyway forget it, you do have to be responsible for your own searching here.  Good luck.

Edited by Dante99

So it was right in front of them and you know this to be fact because you were there (no other way) which begs the question why you asked for something that was right in front of You?

Anyway forget it, you do have to be responsible for your own searching here.  Good luck.

Knew it. Just knew it. Always one. Some folks can't just accept there might be a reasonable reason. Now I'd really not bother answering normally. Instead of telling me to forget it why did you poke your oar in? What's it to you what the circumstances were? Just typical TV really.

Camera shop. About 40 different tripods stacked up in random fashion. Some with brand labels on. Some without. So I asked. Do you have x brand. Oh sorry. No have. So I then went through all of them. Had 3. OK! Satisfied????? If not, tough. Not looking for your 'approval'. Always best to get the facts before jumping to conclusions and gobbing off though. Less likely to look like a t**t.

Posted using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Haywards piccalilli is the best there is, never tried their pickled onions, tried making my own once, never again, but I did make a passable piccalilli once. Honey glazed parsnips are very, very popular in the UK now, even to the point where I would eat one, so freezers may be the place to look - I know frozen aren't the same, but these ones are very nice.  I've seen fresh brussels in Macro a couple of times, didn't take much notice of the time of year; I imagine they come in from Aus so you'd probably be out of luck until September or October.

For OP - the Kasem in town near Kad Luang have very helpful staff.  The owners are usually behind the tills with mum knocking about somewhere and all 3 of them speak perfect English.  They will order things in if they don't have it and can get it.  They can locate the most bizarre stuff in the store in seconds, and some (not all) of their baked goods/breads are really nice.  Also, Big C Extra on the superhighway has an amazing range of (mainly French) cheeses and (pan European) meats and sausages and all sorts of other things imported from their French distribution centre - it used to be the big Carreforre store until they pulled out of Asia and I honestly thought that we'd lose a lot of that kind of stuff, but if anything we have more.