What's In Your "Dream Suitcase?"

Simbaya

Expats,

What do you dream of bringing back to CM on your next trip "home?"

I'm really curious!

For me, it would be a couple of Apple TVs, bras that fit, a few artist's tools, GOOD BED LINENS, some nice white cotton shirts from Goodwill, and a few new pairs of shoes.  Oh, and a few cosmetics, some arnica gel and Sudafed...

How about you?

Edited by seedy
Font

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7 hours of flights from WA...., some cushioned and protected peaches, apricots and avocados, some honey....., maybe some frozen crayfish and abalone(OK, maybe I'm kidding about the seafood)....., bloody hell, what a question to ask this close to Chrissy...., I mean..., where does one stop ?
 BTW..., it's a beautiful Margaret River good morning to all in Chiang Mai ! :wai: 

Edited by Sandy Freckle

No dreams but I usually tend to bring things that I either cannot get in CM or are pricey here in CM. Varies from time to time. Things in the past I have brought or have been asked to bring include mobile phones; marmite; shaving foam; cadburys chocolate; ginger biscuits; shortbread; trainers, and on my next trip back sudocrem.

23 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

On 7 hours of flights from WA...., some cushioned and protected peaches, apricots and avocados, some honey....., maybe some frozen crayfish and abalone(OK, maybe I'm kidding about the seafood)....., bloody hell, what a question to ask this close to Chrissy...., I mean..., where does one stop ?
 BTW..., it's a beautiful Margaret River good morning to all in Chiang Mai ! :wai: 

Sandy, are you feeling ok? You tone indicates you have been spending time with my old codger E/S :cheesy:

Fortnum&Mason black teas, Jacksons of Piccadilly black teas,  Taylors of Harrogate black teas (can you see a pattern developing here?)  All of these used to be available in Rimping years ago, but today you can only find Dilmah and Heladiv, both of which are a step up from Twinnings, but not by much. I'd pack my suitcase full had I the chance!

Edited by FolkGuitar

Now in the position of commuting 3 or 4 times a year.. I find my return bags are filled with bike bits I would need to import, clothing and shoes for my size, maybe some tech items but not much else. 

I get my wine cheese and kippers fixes over there.. End up missing a good phad krapow after a month.. 

There really isnt much you cant get here.. Needs to be fairly niche. Apple TVs for example readily available on lazada. 

32 minutes ago, briley said:

An empty suitcase, just my passport in my hand.

Yes.. I cannot really think of anything that exists outside of Thailand but that would somehow come in handy over here.

Well.. maybe a Jeep pick-up truck.   But that doesn't fit a suitcase. 

( Although.. it'd be a 'dream suitcase' so as long as we're dreaming, I suppose it could fit just fine! )

landscape-1441123151-828542cv2005-001-e1

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

We arrive in Thailand with a selection of clothing to suit, in regulation to hand baggage dimension and Sunday Best in travel with overlay and buy a laundry type clothing bag upon arrival for both Opal's and my selected exports back home to NZ which also includes purchases for wear for our duration.

Am happy to take PM enquiries after you "research for viability" and my travel to Chiang Mai with a "case" as long as it negates me from actual expense involved and make your "dream" come true.

This was expatriate fellowship back in 70's.

Edited by Paul Catton
Over extension

I have found everything, plus some here in Chiang Mai, that I had used in the US. OK, maybe an occasional Taylor's Pork Roll (Taylor's Ham) would be nice. As that is a native New Jersey region product I could not get it in Kentucky either so I am over withdrawal. My new challenge is new eyeglasses ... We will see how this goes ... High index, surely can be done in BKK, if not CNX ... We will see.

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Fortnum&Mason black teas, Jacksons of Piccadilly black teas,  Taylors of Harrogate black teas. . . 

I mainly drink Boh these days, which can occasionally be found in Bangkok and always at Thai-Malaysia duty-free. But for the really good stuff, both Mariage Fréres and TWC are now available in Bangkok . . . for a price.

24 minutes ago, Roota said:

I mainly drink Boh these days, which can occasionally be found in Bangkok and always at Thai-Malaysia duty-free. But for the really good stuff, both Mariage Fréres and TWC are now available in Bangkok . . . for a price.

Fortunately, there is a tea shop here in Chiang Mai (Viang Joom On) that sells a fantastic English Breakfast tea blend. A bit dear, but well worth the price.  Easily as good as Fortnum&Mason's 'Royal Blend.'