Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award

webfact

Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award

By Press Association 

Nigel Farage has been shortlisted for Time magazine's prestigious person of the year award.

The former Ukip leader features alongside the likes of US president-elect Donald Trump, Russian president Vladimir Putin, scientists who have developed technology to edit DNA, and Beyonce among the finalists.

The American news magazine, which has a global audience, appeared to give Mr Farage much of the credit for the June 23 Brexit vote.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/06/nigel-farage-shortlist-time-magazines-person-year-award/

-- The Telegraph 2016-12-06

I hope he gets it, he deserves it.

Just for the record so has Barrack Obama and he like Hitler slaughtered millions. Nigel Farage has never killed anyone, so a comparison really if quite lame.

Obama even got a Nobel peace award which is ludicrous, since he alone has caused the slaughter of innocent people in several countries, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria and that's just what we know off.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Just for the record so has Barrack Obama and he like Hitler slaughtered millions. Nigel Farage has never killed anyone, so a comparison really if quite lame.

Obama even got a Nobel peace award which is ludicrous, since he alone has caused the slaughter of innocent people in several countries, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria and that's just what we know off.

I am not so sure.   He may killed a nation.   

31 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well, Hitler made it one year, so anything is possible.   

Anything is possible ,

David  Cameron , deserves   a  Gong ?.

He achieved ,  where Hitler  failed .

Only a matter of time .

Edited by elliss

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You do realise, don't you, that being named Person of the Year does not imply that said person is abound with positive qualities?

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Was there a post deleted before I got to the thread, that would make this comment less bizzare?

19 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This topic is neither about Obama nor the Nobel Prize.

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You do realise, don't you, that being named Person of the Year does not imply that said person is abound with positive qualities?

Was there a post deleted before I got to the thread, that would make this comment less bizzare?

This topic is neither about Obama nor the Nobel Prize.

Obama was on  Time Magazine. I also linked the fact that he received a Nobel peace prize. The only thing bizarre is your post. May I suggest you kindly climb down off your horse.

I asked how he killed a nation. Still no response to that. The said poster mentioned Hitler first, so the topic diversed slightly, so my reply was very relevant. I like Nigel Farage and I know from other posts you don't. So we disagree. So what is your post about?

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obama was on  Time Magazine. I also linked the fact that he received a Nobel peace prize. The only thing bizarre is your post. May I suggest you kindly climb down off your horse.

I asked how he killed a nation. Still no response to that. The said poster mentioned Hitler first, so the topic diversed slightly, so my reply was very relevant. I like Nigel Farage and I know from other posts you don't. So we disagree. So what is your post about?

Being from a staunchly working class background, I never took a liking to horses as pets. I did, however, live in Kazakhstan for a few years so I can vouch wholeheartedly for the taste of horse meat; rich like mutton but less fatty.

You initially stated that Obama has "like Hitler slaughtered millions", hence my suggestion that your statement was bizzare. I am no fan of Obama's foreign policy (or much of his domestic policy for that matter) but I cannot see how you can make the death toll from his actions into the millions. Can you elaborate. Your next statement, how he "killed a nation" is also confusing - can you supply a bit more context?

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Your next statement, how he "killed a nation" is also confusing - can you supply a bit more context?

I kindly suggest you go back and read the thread. I never stated how he killed a nation another poster did. In fact I was questioning it, so I look forward to you retracting that statement.

I am also from a working class background and never had a horse but have eaten a few. Yes they are delicious. I could give you the death toll of people that have died, whilst Obama has been in power but as you have said, this thread is about Nigel Farage and I mentioned him, to the linking of people who have also been on Time magazine.

21 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I kindly suggest you go back and read the thread. I never stated how he killed a nation another poster did. In fact I was questioning it, so I look forward to you retracting that statement.

I am also from a working class background and never had a horse but have eaten a few. Yes they are delicious. I could give you the death toll of people that have died, whilst Obama has been in power but as you have said, this thread is about Nigel Farage and I mentioned him, to the linking of people who have also been on Time magazine.

Ah, apologies indeed - I see now my confusion. The question was directed at Credo.

There is the other matter, about the millions Obama is supposed to have killed, but I think we both know that is incorrect so I shall not raise it again  ;)

If ever you get a chance to try horse  beshbermak , I recommend it. It is perfect for a cold winter night. (sorry - off topic, no more mention of horse dishes)

Edited by RuamRudy

29 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Ah, apologies indeed - I see now my confusion. The question was directed at Credo.

There is the other matter, about the millions Obama is supposed to have killed, but I think we both know that is incorrect so I shall not raise it again  ;)

If ever you get a chance to try horse  beshbermak , I recommend it. It is perfect for a cold winter night. (sorry - off topic, no more mention of horse dishes)

No problem at all we all make mistakes and it takes a man to admit it.

If you look it up the stats on him, not only the soldiers but civilians that have died, as he is the commander in chief, you will be surprised. Anyway I will leave that there and hopefully get the chance to try the beshbermak one day.

To stay on topic I doubt that Nigel Farage will win but it is an honour for him. It is a shame that the UK doesn't recognize what his achievement is but he is far too anti establishment to get any recognition whatsoever.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

" TIME’s annual selection of the person who most influenced the news, for better or for worse "

Only time will tell if these modern day politicians influence the events for better or worse. For the time being, being on the cover is indeed a privilege and something to brag about.

IMO Nigel Farage is against the estabilished and TPTB puppetmasters that control the USA and Brit govt's for their own power and wealth building ... he fights for the so called Small Brained Lesser Little People (name our puppet masters and congressmen / senators have publically labeled us with) and tries 2 return our govts to being run by and for us SBLLP ...

Farage is one of a too small group of politicians still working for us ... he deserves some recognition for this unpopular stance in our current world of political, judiciary. private and corporate in your face corruption ... any INFORMED  SBLLP person with intelligence, common sense and half way decent rational anatytical brain understands why he should be publically praised in some sort of manner

Edited by carken
grammer

Nigel Farage gets up the Establishments' noses because he is prepared to discuss issues that they prefer to ignore and bury their heads in the sand. Their only reaction is to label him a right wing facist.

Although l do not always agree with Farage, l do respect him for fighting for the little people. I hope that his efforts to change the UK, and the real facist dictatorship in Brussels, are rewarded.

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Barak Obama has slaughtered millions? Proof or apology please

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Really how did he do that exactly?

He is a lying demagogue who whipped up the disenchanted masses by blaming their problems on the wrong target. 

Funnily enough, just like Hitler 

The Person of the year for Time is simply someone who will sell magazine to fools who read that magazine.  If there was serial killer wo killed 100 people in the last year then Time magazine would try to make him or her their Person of the Year simply because the picture on the magazine cover would sell magazines, The only consideration Time magazine Time has is how many copies they will  sell by pointing someone's picture  on their cover.

Time have come to their senses and put that nice Mr Trump on the cover " President Elect of the Divided States of America"! Indeed.....

& he's not happy about it.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk