"Thai people only"

edwinchester

Maybe flashing the pink id card would've magically made the difference. Looks all official and handily has your birthday on it. Since acquiring one I've flashed it to everything from a soi dog to a navy soldier and seem to get an accepting response every time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not really. The skytrain in Bangkok offers the same racist policy of offering a discount to pensioners outside peak hours, but only for Thais. In contrast, the MRT offers a 50 percent discount to ALL pensioners all the time. I wrote to BTS asking how they justified their dual pricing and of course received no reply because they can't.

They simply do it because dual pricing is sanctioned at the very highest level in Thailand by the government operating it at National Parks. Sets a fine example, doesn't it. And let's not have the 'But Thais pay taxes' nonsense. Every foreigner working in Thailand pays taxes, and in fact every foreigner in Thailand working or not pays VAT.

The BTS probably places greater importance on looking after their own elderly folk than helping relatively wealthy farang pensioners save a few pennies.

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

If this means you willingly stayed and paid why bother moaning about it in the first place?

As once stated by the late great Tommy Cooper " It's not the principle, it's the money" 

10 hours ago, BudRight said:

It doesn't matter if somewhere else is racist too you morons. Everywhere in the world could be racist and that wouldn't mean it was fine or good. 

These forums are truly filled with the misanthropes of the world.

Do  misanthropes call people morons ?

Edited by sn1per

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not really. The skytrain in Bangkok offers the same racist policy of offering a discount to pensioners outside peak hours, but only for Thais. In contrast, the MRT offers a 50 percent discount to ALL pensioners all the time. I wrote to BTS asking how they justified their dual pricing and of course received no reply because they can't.

They simply do it because dual pricing is sanctioned at the very highest level in Thailand by the government operating it at National Parks. Sets a fine example, doesn't it. And let's not have the 'But Thais pay taxes' nonsense. Every foreigner working in Thailand pays taxes, and in fact every foreigner in Thailand working or not pays VAT.

But is every foreign pensioner in Thailand working?

48 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Maybe flashing the pink id card would've magically made the difference. Looks all official and handily has your birthday on it. Since acquiring one I've flashed it to everything from a soi dog to a navy soldier and seem to get an accepting response every time.

How about Noi? Number 59, the shy one hugging the pole down at the end?

6 minutes ago, sn1per said:

Do  misanthropes call people morons ?

We go this one restraunt all time. Mentioned it was my birthday and the owner brought over a large beer on the house. I didn't expect it but was grateful.

That sure does go a long way for customer loyalty.

23 hours ago, jay1980 said:

They did you a favor IMO if you want Pizza for your birthday meal, there are way nicer pizza options in Thailand than the cr@p the offending company produce.

Hardly the point, is it. The OP is talking about racism, not the food they serve. It's not all about you and your opinions.

1 hour ago, YeahSiam said:

The BTS probably places greater importance on looking after their own elderly folk than helping relatively wealthy farang pensioners save a few pennies.

Haven't heard that one for a while. All Thais are poor and all foreigners are rich. Better let the MRT in on the secret.

22 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

BS

If they don't want to make promotions available to white people, they shouldn't have to.

I don't see farangs up in arms when black Africans are denied entry to certain bars around Sukhumvit.

Getting inebriated tends to bring out the scammer in some of them possibly?

Edited by elgordo38

10 minutes ago, teacherpaul said:

Hardly the point, is it. The OP is talking about racism, not the food they serve. It's not all about you and your opinions.

The OP did not mention racism, he merely stated what happened, and forums ARE for for exchanging views and opinions accourding to the oxford dictionary definition of a forum.

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Thanks I love you to. You really don't seem to have enough posts for me to decide about you. Carry on insulting people your a master at that. 

Says the guy whose comment suggests that enough black Africans are scammers to justify banning all black Africans from certain bars

23 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

BS

If they don't want to make promotions available to white people, they shouldn't have to.

I don't see farangs up in arms when black Africans are denied entry to certain bars around Sukhumvit.

Yes they should. It's called discrimination. Pizza Company customers are customers, no matter where they are from. Welcome to the 21st century, Mr Flintstone.

23 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

1 minute ago, teacherpaul said:

Yes they should. It's called discrimination. Pizza Company customers are customers, no matter where they are from. Welcome to the 21st century, Mr Flintstone.

More BS.

Pizza Company operates in Thailand under Thai law.

If they don't want to offer promotions to farangs, they don't have to.

If it was illegal, that would be another matter entirely but it's not so it isn't.

Those who don't like it are free to take their business down the street.

If it had happened to me and bothered me as much as it does many posters replying to the OP, that's what I would've done

41 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

The OP did not mention racism, he merely stated what happened, and forums ARE for for exchanging views and opinions accourding to the oxford dictionary definition of a forum.

The OP did not have to mention racism, as anyone with half a brain knows that this is a clear cut case of racism. Not really rocket science, is it. By the way, Pizza Company make lovely pizzas. If you disagree, your taste buds must be shot to pieces.

3 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

More BS.

Pizza Company operates in Thailand under Thai law.

If they don't want to offer promotions to farangs, they don't have to.

If it was illegal, that would be another matter entirely but it's not so it isn't.

Those who don't like it are free to take their business down the street.

If it had happened to me and bothered me as much as it does many posters replying to the OP, that's what I would've done

Wrong. Pizza Company should offer this promotion to everyone. The BS here is that you seem to support discrimination.

23 hours ago, BudRight said:

There are frequent threads about Thais being racist against black people.

You're just saying that it's fine. 

It is fine, their country after all; plus it is their centuries old culture. If I was the waitress I'd of given her the pizza but spit on it in the back room. The OP got off lucky, as bad as the pizza may be the cooking and delivery to the table could really ruin your day.

I visited Rome one day, the little thieves at the collisium only pick pocketed falang and they weren't even Thai. Go figure, huh. The aliens wouldn't be racist I bet, maybe anti-huminoid ?

23 hours ago, JAFO said:

Exactly. What a bunch of whining cry babies. really. The world has grown to be far to PC which is why some countries are the mess they are. In the US businesses reserve the right to not serve anybody for any reason. Same applies here it seems. If the guy was a foreigner  they do not want to honor it, pack up your stuff and go elsewhere, way better Pizza places to eat anyway. Its really quite simple.

But NOOOOOO. People gotta pull out the racist card hoping the world will all just sing "Kumbaya".

Oh dear. This has nothing at all to do with being PC. Let's go through it one more time, for the kiddies; being PC is not the same as being polite or treating everyone the same way. All Pizza Company had to do was make this offer open to everyone. Can you think of a logical reason why they didn't?

23 hours ago, kenk24 said:

So, should people born in March feel discriminated against too... I wanted to be a pro baseball player but I can't hit a fastball... and a basketball hoop is too tall - - it discriminates against people under 6'4" - - 

Can we just get on with life here? 

Good quote from Tiger Woods; " Ice Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed up like black pimps." Tried the wrong sport?