Can the 400k be in any bank for 2 months (marriage extension)

Hello

Can the 400k be in ANY Thai bank for 2 months? (marriage extension).

I feel like it's only possible with a SCB account but I may be wrong. This is why I'm asking the question...

Also, if someone sends me 11,000 Euros (410,000 THB) from France. Would that be a problem? Would they accept those 400k financial proof?

Thank you

Alex

Edited by alexlm

• 5 weeks later...

How to prove that it stayed 2 months in the bank?

Update the book bank right after the 11,000€ arrived in the Thai Bank? Or/And update the book bank right before going to immigration? Or both?

Or do we need 3 statements for each months showing that it was there more than 2 months?

Question for anyone who can help

the 40,000 baht requirement - can this be considered from two peoples wages? The husbands 35,000 baht salary and the wife's 20,000 baht salary, with savings making up the rest to total 400,000 baht?

7 hours ago, alexlm said:

How to prove that it stayed 2 months in the bank?

Update the book bank right after the 11,000€ arrived in the Thai Bank? Or/And update the book bank right before going to immigration? Or both?

Or do we need 3 statements for each months showing that it was there more than 2 months?

Just your updated bank book showing the funds have been in the account for 2 months prior to the date you apply is enough.

6 hours ago, soley13 said:

Question for anyone who can help

the 40,000 baht requirement - can this be considered from two peoples wages? The husbands 35,000 baht salary and the wife's 20,000 baht salary, with savings making up the rest to total 400,000 baht?

It has to be your income only. There is no combination of income and money in the bank allowed for an extension based upon marriage.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2017 at 6:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

Just your updated bank book showing the funds have been in the account for 2 months prior to the date you apply is enough.

So when do I have to update the bank book? I never use or update my bank book so I'm not sure how it works, how it will show up, and when to update it. Do I have to update it right after the funds have been transferred? Or right before going to immigration? Or both?

6 minutes ago, alexlm said:

So when do I have to update the bank book? I never use or update my bank book so I'm not sure how it works, how it will show up, and when to update it. Do I have to update it right after the funds have been transferred? Or right before going to immigration? Or both?

Update it on the day you apply if possible.

They might accept the day before.

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, falang07 said:

How do they calculate the 2 months period? Let's say I have the amount on my account from 20/11/2018, can I extend on 20/1/2019?

Yes

It has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date your apply for the extension of stay.

• Thanks 1