Fake diplomas and degrees touted openly online - share the story and get a further 500 baht discount!

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Loeilad said:

di you go to University? 

I also think that holding up Australia to make a  point is a bit shakey - I went to Uni both in UK and Oz 

I don't know about 'going' to uni but I have lectured in a few.  I have tutored the odd student with their thesis or dissertation. 

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

i'd imagine for the right price a fake original degree from an accredited institution comes with the appropriate university records and transcripts direct from the original source.

Most Western, and most good Thai Universities, would not put their accreditation in jeopardy and most Western countries don't have a culture that includes the level of corruption for the personnel at a school to issue a fake degree.  

Is it possible?   Probably, but I would think that cost would be enormous and I can't imagine what would warrant paying a huge amount for a fake degree.   

Unlike Thailand, in Western countries, the penalty and punishment for being involved in something like this is pretty stiff.  

Students warned of buying fake diplomas from fraudsters

chaipeak2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Education has recently sought help from the Ministry of Digital for Economy and Society to track down a fraudulent gang which sells fake diplomas, certificates and degrees on the social media.

Education permanent secretary Chaipruek Serirak said on Thursday that he found out from a Facebook page offering to sell diplomas for Mathayom 3 up to post-graduate education for prices ranging from 2,500-7,000 baht with a guarantee that the documents can be used as reference to apply for jobs and the required diplomas will be mailed to the buyers.

He said he then sought help from DE Ministry which informed him later on that the Facebook page had been removed. The gang, he added, would open new website to sell the fake diplomas and, shortly afterward, closed it down.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/students-warned-of-buying-fake-diplomas-from-fraudsters/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-09

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Education permanent secretary Chaipruek Serirak said on Thursday that he found out from a Facebook page offering to sell diplomas

For further education and qualification the secretary may consider consulting any tuk tuk driver to drag him from his face book research to the places where he can buy faked diplomas, degrees, etc. and hopefully the driver knows the way to bring him back from the outskirts of the universe to planet Thailand.

thank goodness none of this ever occurs amoungst any of the candidates or prior certificants for the Thai Teachers License. 

the one that used to require 2 weeks of training to be a teacher, and now is a 3 day course.  that one.

Edited by maewang99

Nothing new, been going on for years. Some years ago my stepdaughter was working in a prestigious cold and diamond shop. The boss told her to get (buy) a certificate from an University (address provided) so he could hang it on the wall in back of the counter. If not she could pack up, which she did.

If I were immigration office I would check online degrees. Most of them are fake. 

You can be a teacher in 3 days and get a 120-hour TEFL certificate. IIs there anybody with common sense believes that it is possible? If not, not only the online fraudster are to be blamed, but the "student" too . Master degree in a day ?

Many fake degrees are built on existing universities, but the university does not know they have online courses. Some of these hookers open email box even, but they do not answer to any inquiries. 

They pinch something from those who own real degrees. They depreciate the value of a degree, many cases cost serious money.

It is something like to step in behind you in a revolving door and step out before you.

It is unfair and absolutely immoral. 

What  would  you say when your kid come back from his school saying his teacher is a blistering?

I am not blindfolded by the degrees. I saw "professionals" with the real diploma but were not able and the opposite too, but cannot accept immoral advantages.

What I find absolutely terrifying is that some of these fake qualifications are used to obtain positions such as airline pilot ! Several years ago there was an incident involving an indian aeroplane, and a subsequent examination found that 40% of the pilots were flying with forged credentials ! Happens in all countries, just ask Leonardo deCaprio :)

On 12/8/2016 at 7:45 AM, digibum said:

Let's just be honest, fake or real, what's the difference in Thailand?  

I mean, you get someone with a four year university degree in English language who can't speak, read, or write it.  Why not just buy the degree and save four years of your life?  

Indeed, why would anyone want to waste four years hanging about an educational establishment with thousands of women aged 18-22? Crazy, eh?

Years ago, I taught at a Thai university and we spent a lot of time checking references and qualifications. One applicant helped us, though. He came to the interview and brought a degree certificate from 'Edinburg University.'

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

Indeed, why would anyone want to waste four years hanging about an educational establishment with thousands of women aged 18-22? Crazy, eh?

Uhm, you know you can hang out with those women without going to school too, right?  

I think there are two main groups here.  

One; those who have a real degree. They are defending the degree because they studied  not only paid for it. Whatever degree it is from whatever sources, students had to make efforts to get a degree.

Two; who does not have or having fake diplomas. These are trying to minimalize the value of a real degree. 

Third; not interested at all 

I am not Math teacher, just teaching without degree 55555555

Edited by Honthy

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

usually the males are the same age and not elderly salivating expats

10 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Still have the original outlet area to go to.  Khao San Road. 

advertising-for-falsified-documents-sell

Still? Are you sure? All these are dated years ago. Anyone going to the area and able to ascertain if it's still going on? I'd guess it is, but Thailand is the Land of Crackdowns these days......