Please Think Twice Before Bringing That Thai Girl Out Of Her Own Country

paulsmithson

How did she manage this if she is not intelligent and doesnt speak English?

As other people have asked, how can her son not speak Thai, when that is the language his mother speaks? How have they communicated over the years?

Is it that difficult to understand? She might not have much time to spend with her son. I doubt it is only intelligent people who do business in the world?

Edited by meemiathai

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to see the woman and her son in these circumstances and kudos to the OP for

his efforts in assisting them.

Perhaps the OP should be suggesting to thai women that they think twice before they marry the first farang dropkick that comes along that promises to whisk them off to "streets paved with gold" farangland.

Secondly this case has elements of the thai syndrome of expecting others to bail them out when they get into difficulties instead of taking some responsability for the situations they created themselves.

How did she manage this if she is not intelligent and doesnt speak English?

As other people have asked, how can her son not speak Thai, when that is the language his mother speaks? How have they communicated over the years?

Is it that difficult to understand? She might not have much time to spend with her son. I doubt it is only intelligent people who do business in the world?

So, between the ages of 11 and 16, when it was just the two of them living together and she wasn't working, part of it on the streets where he had to defend his mum from lowlifes (according to the OPs story), they didnt spend much time together?

Maybe it is too difficult for me to understand, but it seems unlikely that he wouldn't be able to speak Thai (I can see that he may not read or write it), or that she wouldn't speak English.

We met A two weeks ago when the thai wife of another guy asked us if we could take her to the bus station to pick up an old friend who was now homeless. we did and I then met A and her 16 year old son B.They had nowhere to sleep that night and the Thai lady had been asked to give them a bed for the night, which she did.

Eventually they were taken into police custody and the boy taken into care and A left to fend for herself.

If he had been taken into care, how is it that you met both of them and neither had anywhere to sleep that night?

The police would be taking a very dim view of having to waste resources on chasing him around when his care worker reports him missing, as would social services.

I assume that you reported to the police where he was, and arranged for them to collect him and return him.

seems to me more like the o.p himself is having issues with his own ex? thai wife and is seeking some not very subtle manner of getting some ideas for retribution, cos kicking her out on the street used uup his only brain cell.

Plus, if that is the case, the ex wife i think i may know, and is doing rather well in another european country.

We met A two weeks ago when the thai wife of another guy asked us if we could take her to the bus station to pick up an old friend who was now homeless. we did and I then met A and her 16 year old son B.They had nowhere to sleep that night and the Thai lady had been asked to give them a bed for the night, which she did.

Eventually they were taken into police custody and the boy taken into care and A left to fend for herself.

If he had been taken into care, how is it that you met both of them and neither had anywhere to sleep that night?

The police would be taking a very dim view of having to waste resources on chasing him around when his care worker reports him missing, as would social services.

I assume that you reported to the police where he was, and arranged for them to collect him and return him.

The plot thickens. :o

'Her Thai son was 6 years old when he camt to the UK and has forgotten most of his own language-He has llived as an Engish lad and adapted to life here. He worries about his mother.

He is now in care and may have a future thanks to the social workers.'

How can a young kid 'forget' his native tongue when it is the only <deleted> language that his mother speaks! :o

Your either bullsh@tting this forum or 'Miss A' is bullsh@tting you.

Earlier i thought it was the latter but judging from your comments on the other thread......

I know a couple of cases where the offspring have basically forgotten their thai language skills after moving overseas with their mother who spoke Thai - both around the same age as this guy so its not unknown.

'Her Thai son was 6 years old when he camt to the UK and has forgotten most of his own language-He has llived as an Engish lad and adapted to life here. He worries about his mother.

How can a young kid 'forget' his native tongue when it is the only <deleted> language that his mother speaks! :o

Earlier i thought it was the latter but judging from your comments on the other thread......

I know a couple of cases where the offspring have basically forgotten their thai language skills after moving overseas with their mother who spoke Thai - both around the same age as this guy so its not unknown.

if the kid cant speak thai and the mother dont speak english, how on this earth do they comunicate. ? :D

frigging sign language maybe. :D

this story is getting more sussed by the minute to the point of giving me a laugh. :D

Did the mother speak Thai only? Did the child spend a lot of time with his mother, sleeping on other peoples houses and on the streets, thereby ensuring a close bond between them? How did they communicate? In what language?

Why are we even arguing whether the son speaks enough thai or the mother speaks enough english to communicate here?

Has it got anything to do with the whole situation? Are people expecting the little boy who just because speaks enough english and thai to take care of the mother? To confront the officials and fight for the rights of themselves?

Why are we even arguing whether the son speaks enough thai or the mother speaks enough english to communicate here?

Has it got anything to do with the whole situation? Are people expecting the little boy who just because speaks enough english and thai to take care of the mother? To confront the officials and fight for the rights of themselves?

It has a lot to do with the situation since the OP repeatedly said a big problem for 'A' was that she did not speak English and could not really understand what was being said to her. The point is that he could have helped her to understand things more clearly by translating for her. I have been in situations a number of times where an adult did not spoke very little English and a teenage child has acted as an informal translator to get basic information or give basic advice. Note I said 'help', I was not expecting the son to fight for their rights or anything like that, and for anything important I used to get an official translator from somewhere such as Language Line (http://www.languageline.co.uk/). Local authorities and social services should be able to access their service, and in fact should be duty bound to use them where English language is not good.

It was also raised to query whether the OPs story was true or not.

I really think its time we looked at making this a movie. Thaivisa could raise money for the movie, and proceeds could go to the following:

English lesson for mum

Thai lessons for boy

Rates mum owes from shop

Mum's expenses at OP's place

Lawyer fees to charge bad husband who threw her out and to get 50% of everything from marriage

Money to support bad husband if he ends up destitute after bad divorce settlement

Capital for new business for mum

How to Run a Business For Dummies for mum (I am not impying she is a dummy!)

New clothes for boy (he is sure to need some by now)

More suggestions welcome...

Kid can't be helped. Not his fault. Some farang husbands are bad. Save money for airfares and don't spend on bad businesses. A Social Service woman was mean and should have the book thrown at her. Thai women are vulnerable when left alone in the UK. We are all cynics. Timelines are hard to get right. Kids can't always communicate with their mothers (even when they are protecting them from lowlifes).

Its should be all clear now.

What do you think?

The plot thickens. :D

Indeed.

Time to send a full report to the UN for Human Rights before Kofi Anan leaves office.

I know of a few hundred million people who didn't even have a meal today; misery everywhere... :o

LaoPo

I really think its time we looked at making this a movie. Thaivisa could raise money for the movie, and proceeds could go to the following:

English lesson for mum

Thai lessons for boy

Rates mum owes from shop

Mum's expenses at OP's place

Lawyer fees to charge bad husband who threw her out and to get 50% of everything from marriage

Money to support bad husband if he ends up destitute after bad divorce settlement

Capital for new business for mum

How to Run a Business For Dummies for mum (I am not impying she is a dummy!)

New clothes for boy (he is sure to need some by now)

More suggestions welcome...

yes, i have a top suggestion,

it is, throw this story into the <deleted> house as you guys are being trolled again. :D

not to hard to work that out at this point but we have all had fun. :o

What the hel_l is this whole thread about?

i got a top idea bendex,

you suppost to be the richest man on this forum, :o and top cocky business man, so why dont you give her the job of 2. I. C. in your company.?

you were trying to get one a while back so give her a crack. :D

do your karma a bit of good. :D

What the hel_l is this whole thread about?

i got a top idea bendex,

you suppost to be the richest man on this forum, :o and top cocky business man, so why dont you give her the job of 2. I. C. in your company.?

you were trying to get one a while back so give her a crack. :D

do your karma a bit of good. :D

Richest man on this forum? Jeez, I wish!

Already got the 2ic thanks Terry. Nice idea, though.

This is utter tosh..

I've lived north south east west in UK with and without a Thai wife and this just would not happen.

As far as saying the local Thai community like to see fellow Thais fall flat on their face in a foreign

country well business wise maybe, but definitely not from a humanitarian standpoint.

It would only take a small cup of common sense for this girl to have gotten assistance and

as far as opening a restaurant without knowledge of English , well thats the biggest laugh of all.

I agree with State Six, the mother /son relationship without a common language is beyond belief.

Fiction :o

The plot thickens. :D

Indeed.

Time to send a full report to the UN for Human Rights before Kofi Anan leaves office.

I know of a few hundred million people who didn't even have a meal today; misery everywhere... :o

LaoPo

And maybe a lot of homeless farungs in Samui and Pattaya..after the Government officers throw them out of their homes for using dummy companies to purchase the property. That poor woman in the U.K. might be able to come home to L.O.S and occupy one of the vacant properties. I reckon a lot of the people worrying about one Thai woman that fell thru the net in the UK. had better start worrying about the Farungs that are going to get pushed through it in Thailand.

final update.

This is not and never was a troll----regardless of any previous posts of mine which may have been blase to say the least.

A exists and her son. he was brought up for the last 20 years in the Uk and his command of Thai is piss poor.

A has been less than honest with us.

Today we visited her former home to retrieve her paperwork to try and make sense of what has gone on as the answers we were getting from her did not stack up.

A quick scrutiny of a mass of paperwork reveals.

Unpaid business rates amounting to over £4,000

Undpaid council tax

unpaid rent and an eviction order

unpaid fines due to her son failing to attend school and copies of written warnings prior to this.

Letters showing that she was in receipt of government benefits of over £100 per week + her rent and council tax paid until her son was 16

letters telling her that rent payments and council tax payments made on her behalf would cease when her son became 16.

Letters from government agencies telling her that as she has missed 4 appointments to interview her, her beneifits would cease.

Today my wife and I asked her about the social workers claims that she had prostituted herself whilst in the care of social srvices.At first she lied and denied that she had done so. My wife then told her that we would take the social worker to court for saying such bad things about her, but we would be in huge troube if the social worker had told the truth

A's answer was that she had sold her body at that time-she laughed about it obviousy embarrased.

We asked if she woud prostitute herself in the future ---her answer was maybe.

She is either very sick mentally or very immoral as she sees no wrong in what she has done.

We could now work very hard on her behalf-ascertain her total debts and apply for a bankrupcy order for her. get her back into the benefits system again and give her a new start in life.

Is she worthy of this??? I do not know.Not if her answer the questiont "will you work as a prostitute again" is maybe.

If she showed some commitment to helping herself we would help her but evidence of this is not to be seen.

Have the experiences she has had here affected her mind or is she just bad to the core.

I do not know. We are loathe to abandon her even though we do think she is totally a wrong un.

What if we are wrong???

As this post started I do not lay blame on anyone, God ony knows what her former husband suffered. All that we see now is a mother and son whose lives are not as they shoud be!

I revert to my original post with the comment--THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BRING THE WOMAN YOU LOVE OUT OF THAILAND. WHEN IT GOES WRONG REGARDLESS OF FAULT IT IS A BLOODY MESS!

I have been in situations a number of times where an adult did not spoke very little English and a teenage child has acted as an informal translator to get basic information or give basic advice.

Might be an idea to sort your own English out before commenting on others. :o

paulsmithson

Has she been in the UK for 10 years or 20? Both have been mentioned. She brought a 6 year old son with her, he would be 26 now - what is he doing? She also has a son who is about 16. In future, when you are story telling, please keep biological notes to hand so that you don't trip yourself up!

This thread and similar ones remind me of a 'game; that some of us played in Saudi many years ago. We were sick of the oldies (Yes, I was young once) telling us far-fetched stories so every so often, we made up one of these 'It happened to me' yarns and spread it around and see how long it took to come back to us and how embellished it was.