West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

£141.9 mil, according to this Premier League of Debt.

So they must be fairly near to being insolvent.

I don't know, to be honest. These things go way over my head. So I post the following precise from a post, courtesy of our friends over on http://www.kumb.com/ . He seems to know what he's talking about ? :)

Firstly, are the press reports scare mongering ? CB Holdings is a subsidiary of Straumer, it itself can not be placed into administration or be declared bankrupt unless West Ham is bankrupt. Basically the creditors of Straumer can if the moratorium is not extended, either insist on taking ownership of the profitable operating companies that Straumer has under its wing, or insist that those assets be sold for whatever price they can get to reduce the debt.

I would suggest Straumer know they will get the moratorium extension hence why this was done before the hearing. BG is still very well connected by all accounts, and he's still very much involved in the background. Just because he's resigned from the West Ham board he in fact still a major shareholder in Straumer.

The best way to look at West Ham to understand the ownership structure it to treat us as an op co, where funds could in theory be moved up into CB Holdings and then upwards again to Straumer to pay debts.

Extracts from an article in today's Uk Times:

"The club needed to be sold for a price in excess of £100 million to raise enough money to repay the debt, but none of the informal offers BG received was high enough."

"West Ham have debts of £45 million and owe Sheffield United a minimum of £21 million rising to £27 million over the Carlos Tevez affair."

"It is an embarrassing fall from grace for Gudmundsson, who stepped down as chairman yesterday and who has lost about £500 million because of the effects of the credit crunch."

I think Nani will have his work cut out to find decent players under the new financial constraints in place. How much would selling Upson bring in?

I think Nani will have his work cut out to find decent players under the new financial constraints in place. How much would selling Upson bring in?

Yeah me too, the same as last Season really with the incoming DDM & Tristan who for all of their bad points, they were the 3rd & 5th choice Strikers who acutally own us a fair few Points between them..

Selling isn't the way forward though, for the Club or for the new Ownership who i would have thought would need all of it's best assests to remain if they can so as, if/when the Economy gets better, the Club would be a better prospect & more of an attractive purchase..

Thing is i don't know what to believe & am just getting bits of information that makes sense to me & tryng to put it all together but what do i kno0w, i was under the impression that they Club wasn't in fact in debt so don't take anything i say as Gospel... :)

Seriously though, it wasn't until very, very recently that we have aquired this debt & when i say recently, i mean within the last 6 Months, anyone know if that is the case ??

Hang on a minute, this is old, very old & is even before the Takeover of the previous Regime ( Icelandics )...

I'm pretty sure we're nowhere in as much debt as this & will do some digging..

Hang on a minute, this is old, very old & is even before the Takeover of the previous Regime ( Icelandics )...

Yes, that does appear to be very out of date.

Again I've been over on kumb and this appears to be the situation:

Post 1. Quick question, can anyone tell me how much debt we are actually in & can i have a decent link for it ??

Answer. Nobody knows.

Even when the accounts are published it will only cover up to 2008, and all sorts of fun has happened since then.

Although someone else suggested something in excess of forty million plus. The 'plus' mainly being what Sheffield United are owed.

Yes, that does appear to be very out of date.

Again I've been over on kumb and this appears to be the situation:

Post 1. Quick question, can anyone tell me how much debt we are actually in & can i have a decent link for it ??

Answer. Nobody knows.

Even when the accounts are published it will only cover up to 2008, and all sorts of fun has happened since then.

Although someone else suggested something in excess of forty million plus. The 'plus' mainly being what Sheffield United are owed.

Do you ever Post over there HH ??

Try looking on the Deloitte website if youve time, i'm leaving Los soon so have to go out and fill my boots now.

Whatever the debt was when Kerry Katonas mates took it over it must have gone up a fair bit since then with the money wasted on sh7t players and huge wage bills, West Ham were the 6th biggest payers in the league last year.

Cant understand why that mush is buying Pompey when he could have had your lot or Newcastle on the cheap, theyre right in the sh7te aswell if selling all their players in January is anythign to go by but it could show theyre not in as bad a position as West Ham ... who knows!

Edited by sanmiguellight

From todays ( Tues ) Telegraph..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luis Jimenez joins West Ham United

West Ham United have received a firm enquiry from Manchester City about Matthew Upson as they were on Monday night in Milan to complete the signing of the Chilean striker Luis Jimenez.

By Jason Burt, Deputy Football Correspondent

Published: 10:05PM BST 15 Jun 2009

Chief executive Scott Duxbury travelled to Italy on Monday for talks with Inter Milan and also met with Jimenez and his representatives. Terms for the deal, which could initially involve a loan with an option to buy, were agreed and an announcement is expected to be made later this week.

Jiminez will be the first of several signings by West Ham this summer as manager Gianfranco Zola overhauls his squad having released 10 players including captain Luca Neill after he turned down a contract offer than amounted to almost £50,000-a-week. Despite having 20 caps Jimenez has not played the requisite number of international matches recently to automatically qualify for a work permit. But West Ham have been told that an application would be successful.

Jimenez has been tracked by West Ham’s technical director Gianluca Nani for some time and it appears that Nani and Zola, along with Duxbury, will use their Italian links for further signings. Jiminez was also of interest to T*ttenham Hotspur after being told by Inter coach Jose Mourinho that he could seek a move. West Ham have previously been interested in Inter’s Mario Balotelli and tried to sign him in January but that was vetoed by Mourinho.

Upson’s future, meanwhile, is yet to be resolved. The England international has made clear he would like the opportunity to join a Champions League club if an offer is made for him. City do not fall into that category but may be willing to make an offer than West Ham would find difficult to refuse for a 30-year-old player.

West Ham have to weigh this up, however, with the loss of one of their most consistent performers with Upson having been earmarked to take over the captaincy from Neill

From todays ( Tues ) Telegraph..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luis Jimenez joins West Ham United

West Ham United have received a firm enquiry from Manchester City about Matthew Upson as they were on Monday night in Milan to complete the signing of the Chilean striker Luis Jimenez.

By Jason Burt, Deputy Football Correspondent

Published: 10:05PM BST 15 Jun 2009

Chief executive Scott Duxbury travelled to Italy on Monday for talks with Inter Milan and also met with Jimenez and his representatives. Terms for the deal, which could initially involve a loan with an option to buy, were agreed and an announcement is expected to be made later this week.

Jiminez will be the first of several signings by West Ham this summer as manager Gianfranco Zola overhauls his squad having released 10 players including captain Luca Neill after he turned down a contract offer than amounted to almost £50,000-a-week. Despite having 20 caps Jimenez has not played the requisite number of international matches recently to automatically qualify for a work permit. But West Ham have been told that an application would be successful.

Jimenez has been tracked by West Ham’s technical director Gianluca Nani for some time and it appears that Nani and Zola, along with Duxbury, will use their Italian links for further signings. Jiminez was also of interest to T*ttenham Hotspur after being told by Inter coach Jose Mourinho that he could seek a move. West Ham have previously been interested in Inter’s Mario Balotelli and tried to sign him in January but that was vetoed by Mourinho.

Upson’s future, meanwhile, is yet to be resolved. The England international has made clear he would like the opportunity to join a Champions League club if an offer is made for him. City do not fall into that category but may be willing to make an offer than West Ham would find difficult to refuse for a 30-year-old player.

West Ham have to weigh this up, however, with the loss of one of their most consistent performers with Upson having been earmarked to take over the captaincy from Neill

And here

Any of the Septics on here know anything about this Kid ??

West Ham United have made their first signing of what promises to be a busy summer.

American starlet Sebastian Lletget - a midfielder by trade - recently secured his move to England after obtaining a European passport. The Hammers had been tracking the 16-year-old American youth international for more than a year, since he was first spotted playing for his current club Santa Clara Sporting.

Lletget - born and bred in the USA - circumvented the rules regarding the signing of non-EU youth players by obtaining an Italian passport last November, for which he qualifies through an Italian grandfather.

Currently on his summer break, Lletget is set to join up with his team mates again in London next month and will spend the next year commuting between the UK and the US in order to continue working with the American youth set-up before hopefully moving to England permanently.

Talking about his future recently, Lletget said: "My heart's always going to be with the U.S - it's just that playing for a European team is amazing. It's just a higher level. That's how far I want to push it."

Wilmer Cabrera - Lletget's national youth team coach - added: "He is a very good technical player. He reads the game well."

West Ham United were in negotiations last night to complete a loan deal for Mancini, the Inter Milan and Brazil attacking player, who has been likened to Cristiano Ronaldo by Sven-Göran Eriksson.

The East London club are confident of securing Luis Jiménez, the Chile forward, on the same terms from Inter, with an option to buy both players, valued at a combined £22million.

Mancini, 28, gained a reputation as a creative and quick winger at Roma, for whom he scored a spectacular goal against Lyons two years ago that followed six step-overs and has become a YouTube hit. However, he did not reproduce his form for

Inter after an £11million transfer last summer. Mancini attracted interest from Liverpool last summer and Manchester City, who tried to sign him when Eriksson was manager.

Scott Duxbury, the West Ham chief executive, took control of the talks for Mancini and Jiménez in Milan at the weekend, alongside Gianluca Nani, the club's Italian technical director.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 515308.ece

This Mancini:

The other Mancini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flm4xcOyiCo

good player that lad jiminez. clever signing. mancini's a bit of a tart though i always thought.

We've got to be smart though Mate haven't we ?? We're not in the best Financial position in the slightest as the World & their Dad knows so we won't be spending 14m on holding Midfielders from Wigan who are not that good & 18m on Blackburn Players that are more interested in putting a Hair Clip on their head & offering them to Villa a Year later after valuing them at under half price of what was paid for them... :)

Sears has gone to Palace on Loan for a Year..

How we can think that he'd improve with a Season under Warnock is beyond me...

How he can improve ... period. Is beyond me.

There is definately something there with Sears, i'm pretty sure of that...

He defo needs to bulk up a little & i agree he needs to go out on Loan for a Season to see how he gets on but i just wish it was out of London so he could grow up a bit & also i'm just very dissapointed it's under Warnock..

WBA would have been ideal if Mowbray would have stayed & Newcastle too..

Done deal, focus is now on Mancini & one other & that will conclude our Summer intake unless we sell & need to replace...

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1699090,00.html

COYI

Deal done singhy, but i just wonder if he is going to be any better than what you already have, just have to wait and see i suppose.

Plus i'm always suspious of these 1yr loan deals, just seems to me that these type of deals are putting players in the shop window for everyone too see but on the other hand i suppose it gives the club a get out clause if his crap.

Edited by alfieconn

Done deal, focus is now on Mancini & one other & that will conclude our Summer intake unless we sell & need to replace...

COYI

Deal done singhy, but i just wonder if he is going to be any better than what you already have, just have to wait and see i suppose.

Plus i'm always suspious of these 1yr loan deals, just seems to me that these type of deals are putting players in the shop window for everyone too see but on the other hand i suppose it gives the club a get out clause if his crap.

I think it more a problem if he has time to settle in that short space of time. With South Americans , it's usually hit and miss whether they can adapt to the English game and environment in any case. Hopefully, he can do so more quickly than took his namesake, Luis Boa Morte. :)

COYI

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :)

COYI

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :)

There you go again singhy and i was trying to be constructive.

Anyway Bentley was 15m and how do you know we are trying to offload him to villa for less than 9m, actually 9m wouldn't be a bad price now, i mean anyone would think that you dont lose money on your players.Dyer, ashton, nsereko aint worth a carrot now.you talk about bentley and paid 9M for nsereko.

Edited by alfieconn

COYI

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :D

There you go again singhy and i was trying to be constructive.

Anyway Bentley was 15m and how do you know we are trying to offload him to villa for less than 9m, actually 9m wouldn't be a bad price now, i mean anyone would think that you dont lose money on your players.Dyer, ashton, nsereko aint worth a carrot now.you talk about bentley and paid 9M for nsereko.

Well seeing's as i'm now ultra cool with you, i can answer truthfully... :)

You're right, my bad, you signed Bentley for 15m with an extra 2m as per Wiki on the below which you certainly won't be paying... :D

" On 31 July 2008, Tottenham Hotspur announced their signing of Bentley from Blackburn Rovers for £15 million, and up to an additional £2 million payable upon future performances "

Villa won't pay above 10m for him which i suppose, for you lot, only a 33.333% minimum loss ( 5m Sterling to the rest of us minimum ) in a single Season is a good thing... :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ston-Villa.html

& you know as well as i do, that Ashton's mustard & will be fit after having rectified Surgery on an Ankle Injury he got whilst under England's Camp when the Surgery wasn't successful the first time round. Only 7.5m max though & a whooping 7.5m plus cheaper then Bentley anyway & 55 mGames, 19 Goals which is better than 1 in 3 so happy days if you ask me especially when you consider he was 9m less than Darren Bent & potentially 11.5m less than Robbie Keane.. :D

Dyer, yeah Dyer's a joke & a typical Curbishley Signing & not the Player i'd personally buy but what do i know ??

Nsereko, don't make me laugh Alfie, he's a Kid <deleted> & a very, very good one, is in another Country, a new League, new everything & you're gonna write him off after 6 months & after he won the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship with Germany ?? Foolish, Alfredo, even for a Y*ddo... :D

If we're we're gonna have a dig, make sure you don't set them up for me cos i will knock them down Alfredo, especially where the Spuds are concerned & the way you're abortion of a Football Club tends to do Business which will only be worse the longer that ugly fcuker stays at your Club.... :D