From airport to deep sea port

amexpat

I will fly in to meet friends arriving on a cruise ship at the deep sea port in the morning.

So I'd like to go get to a hotel near the port (nothing fancy) the night before.

I'd appreciate any tips on getting there from/to the airport w/o getting reamed by transport thugs.

Just tell the taxi to use the meter and if he/she wont just get out and use another one, there are usually plenty of taxis at the airport

Taxi fares are expensive in Phuket compared to the rest of Thailand but cheap if you compare them to taxi fares in Australia

I only normally use a taxi when going to the airport and to and from the airport in Perth Australia, less than half price here, so not expensive in my opinion 

As OldCroc says above, most cruise ships moor in Patong Bay and use tenders to ferry passengers to Patong's "pier".

Royal Caribbean "Mariner of the Seas" and the Costa "Victoria" both drop anchor in Patong Bay. Any of the hotels and guest houses at the southern end of Patong beach would be within walking distance of the tender pier.

As OldCroc says above, most cruise ships moor in Patong Bay and use tenders to ferry passengers to Patong's "pier".
Royal Caribbean "Mariner of the Seas" and the Costa "Victoria" both drop anchor in Patong Bay. Any of the hotels and guest houses at the southern end of Patong beach would be within walking distance of the tender pier.

Last year they were also tendering to the northern end, near kalim. No idea about this year.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Archived