Extending an O visa for Thai Child

Hi 

Everyone I have an O visa that I got in Laos in Nov of this year. Its for 3 months and I got it for having a Thai child. ( support )

My questions are can I extend it at the local IMM ofc and if so how many days would I get and what do I need to show in terms of Documents?

Since I have the O and provided all documents in Laos do I just complete the one form and copies from the passport?

Appreciate your kind support to help me be prepared when I go.  Thank you   Jasper

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you child. They will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. Proof of residence will also be needed.

If you are the legal father of your child by marriage or legitimization you can apply for a one year extension of stay. It requires 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k income.

For info on legitimizing your parenthood see here.

• Like 1

If you have difficulties getting the 1 year extension, you can either continue to go back to Laos and get single entry non-O visa, or if you can prove 400k THB equivalent in a bank, then you can obtain a multiple entry non-O in Penang, Malaysia.  

You still need birth certificate and housebook registration copies for mother and child, and copy of mother's Thai ID card.