Swedish man found dead in central Ubon hotel - suicide, say police

rooster59

Swedish man found dead in central Ubon hotel - suicide, say police

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTyu9GHiwiURimaejTIaL0a5GxOiqDO4UCqKr2w.jpg
Image: Thairath

A 51 year old Swedish man was found dead in a central Ubon hotel room yesterday.

Police said he had slashed his wrists with a razor.

Police had to break down the door of a room on the second floor of the hotel that was not named. Inside they found the dead man face up on the bed clothed in t-shirt and blue jeans.

He had cuts to both wrists and elbow areas of both arms.  In the bathroom there was a razor next to the toilet.

There was blood in the bathroom, on the bed and on the bedroom walls but there was no sign of a struggle.

Police said he had entered the room on Sunday but had not been seen since Wednesday morning.

The Swedish embassy has been contacted and they are trying to trace the man's relatives.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-10

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How desperate must a man be to go this horrible way?

And as usual the Thai gazettes give all personal details incl. passport copy :annoyed:

Pretty desperate in a case like this. He has either researched it or has experience. The wrist cuts must have been up the arm and not across otherwise he would have severed the sinews and tendons of the first arm and wouldn't have been able to cut the second wrist.

Physiologically not pretty.

A razor? Old fashionend one then? With the new ones you cant cut yourself that deep.

If you want to make it work very good, then you drink a lot of alcohol (open up your vains)

and put yourself in a bathtub with nice hot water.

I do see some beercans (?), he drank it or is it for the police officers?

Or he had a party which costed him his life?

It's amazes me how many foreigners kill themselves while visiting thailand..every other day theres a news about a foreigner committing suicide..now the families of the victims are the ones who not only have to mourn the loss of a loved one but during this horrific time they've to arrange to bring the body back..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How desperate must a man be to go this horrible way?

And as usual the Thai gazettes give all personal details incl. passport copy :annoyed:

Passport info is a bit much unless they are looking to identify him. Do these guys get any sensitivity training? or are they just handcuff jockeys. 

A far more believable suicide method than balancing a bag of golf clubs on your neck whilst drowning yourself in a bucket of water.

poor bloke... very plausible suicide... he must have had compelling reasons at that age vs failed puppy love with a hooker.

my sympathies are with the family.

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Verdict ,  multi knife injuries ,  and  shot  in  the back of the head .

Lost his everything in LOS ,  happens so many  times .  RIP

That would make an interesting T-shirt. 

" Lost Everything in the LOS"

They'd sell like hotcakes on Suk 

1 hour ago, Avrock said:

It's amazes me how many foreigners kill themselves while visiting thailand..every other day theres a news about a foreigner committing suicide..now the families of the victims are the ones who not only have to mourn the loss of a loved one but during this horrific time they've to arrange to bring the body back..

Actually, considering how many million visitors and permanent stays in Thailand, the number is very low compare to any chosen western country.

A quick search tells us UK had more than 6000 in 2014.

Each time it happens here, it is news worthy, thus many jumps to conclusions and of course the conspiracy theories.

nevertheless, very very sad when it happens.

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"There was blood in the bathroom, on the bed and on the bedroom walls".

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an investigation rather than immediately declaring it a suicide.

How long time did they spend there?

1 hour ago, Avrock said:

They also die in their own countries, but to some this is a major news story

RIP

On 10/12/2016 at 1:36 AM, mcfish said:

I wonder how long it took to bleed out? Suicide IMO should be Iinstant, can't imagine laying there waiting to expire RIP

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I am not sure how he felt while waiting to die. I gather he lost a lot of blood and he felt cold on the skin and as blood pressure dropped he probably felt dizzy and sleepy. The brain having no supply of blood will shut down I guess. How much pain I couldn't guess, the pain mainly on the wound area that he cut.

Any good doctor around please correct what I wrote, thanks.

On 10/12/2016 at 4:01 AM, dick dasterdly said:

Probably because this case (as many other cases) was/were immediately declared a suicide by the police.

I read somewhere Sweden has the highest suicide rate in Europe or the world is I am not mistaken. Anyone knows? Sweden is also the most well care for in terms of medical welfare and retirement benefits if I am not wrong.

if things look bad ...do nothing just wait...eventually they must get better or ur thinking about it...wait and see what comes next..maybe next week u meet ur dream women strike the lottery or find ur dream job...if u quit u dont give life a chance to be kind to u.....if u suicide u go in a bad state very likly to carry it over with u...so its always a loss...rip...