Kindness of Thais and the power of social media reunite tourist with lost bag!

rooster59

Kindness of Thais and the power of social media reunite tourist with lost bag!

559000012728901.JPEG
Image: Manager

The kindness of the Chiang Mai people and the power of Facebook helped reunite a French tourist with a lost bag yesterday.

Thomas Beaudron had lost his backpack while wandering around the Ta Pae area of the northern city. Inside was the Frenchman's passport.

People back at his guest house helped him with a sign in Thai and English and an urgent appeal was posted on Facebook.

It didn't take long before a Thai lady contacted him to say she had found the bag. She had seen his plea online.

Thomas was delighted and gave the city a big thumbs up:

"It's amazing to get my bag back. Thank you to the people of Chiang Mai for all the help," he said.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-10

According to Sharktooth, anybody who loses something valuable deserves to lose it.  One day Sharktooth may lose something really valuable to him like his life perhaps and I am wondering what people might say about him.

Why do some posters have to be so nasty on this site?  A little sympathy for one's fellow human beings is an exemplary trait.

OK, a person writes a sign for a guy in Thai and English and this warrents headlines in the news media. I'd hate to see what the coverage would be like if they came accross an organ donor or such like....it's a sad sad world indeed.

It is nice to hear these odd good news stories of nice Thai people doing good to help tourists. But these isolated stories don't quite make up for the hundreds of bad news stories of tourists being robbed, bashed, raped, scammed and chopped up by boat propellers killed in buses etc.

Everything should be kept in balance.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

OK, a person writes a sign for a guy in Thai and English and this warrents headlines in the news media. I'd hate to see what the coverage would be like if they came accross an organ donor or such like....it's a sad sad world indeed.

Unfortunately there are some sad posters on TVF who can find nothing nice in Thailand or the Thai people and only make sad and bitter posts.

I feel sorry for them that they cannot seem to find anything good to comment about.

18 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

I left my passport in the taxi once from swampy back to my house. The driver drove back to my house to return it. 

There is goodness n kindness in every country

You shouldn't post good news things like this. You know how much it upsets the doom and gloom merchants and the naysayers and those who believe that ALL Thais are nasty people whose only aim in life is to scam us stupid farangs, and steal all our money and our passports.