Only in Thailand: Three Police Officers Injured When Their Pickup Collides with Train

rooster59

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"The driver (A Police Officer) apparently wasn’t familiar with the route and didn’t know the train schedule, as he crossed the tracks the police truck was struck by the Aranyaprathet to Bangkok train travelling on its “normal” schedule." (And its normal speed.)

As a member of a "professional, highly trained and respected "police force, he ought to have known to stop, look and listen at an unprotected railway crossing. Fortunately no-one was killed and I hope the cops make a speedy recovery. As for the truck, may it Rust In Pieces. I'm sure the train driver was relieved to hear that there were no fatalities.

if there was it probably would be the train drivers fault 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Many RR crossings around the world have no barriers or lights.  That's why your taught to stop, listen, and look both ways before crossing.  I do believe it's the law?

Its a law imbedded in older brains but the younger ones not so much so to many IT distractions. There are quite a few plugged into the music player not realizing it is the last sounds they will ever hear. 

".... and didn’t know the train schedule,  ..."  Really? Did he have to know in order to drive safely? NO.

Just another irresponsible shifting of the blame elsewhere. Cannot accept responsibility for their own, pea brained, idiotic driving behaviour!

2 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

It can be quite possible and very frightening to drive over a crossing here before one sees it. This happened to me whilst driving from the West coast to Suratthani, i drove over a crossing before i had seen it at Ban Na Deom, i saw no signs and was across before i knew it !

yeah,...happened to me a couple of times to.....between Hua Hin and Surat Thani.....frightening...!!!

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

I am British and I would never rely on a train schedule...  :tongue:

P.S.did the train driver ran away?

In actual fact trains are so late in the UK train timetable are totally useless other than for claiming a refund on ones ticket that most busy level crossing have lights and barriers, other less busy only have lights only and some infrequently used have nothing, but use of all is covered in the "Highway Code" http://www.theorytestadvice.co.uk/highway-code/rules.php?sec=15

But there again Thais are better sticking to the time table as:

• Many Farang drivers do no speak Thai
  • Thais who job entails answering the phone avoid doing so
  • Thais would be confused using a phone the dose not live in their back pocket and has a weird ring tone 

:tongue:

My point proved!  that those making the rules and entrusted to enforce have no idea what they are enforcing? 

If I gave at random 10 people from government and rode with them without them knowing they are actually being given a road test.  Based on their rules of obtaining a license here in Thailand I would fail everyone of them.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:54 AM, worgeordie said:

STOP !, look right then left,if nothing coming proceed,

now what is difficult about that. Ah ! the stopping part.

regards worgeordie

They don't do it riding a motorcycle so why would they do it in a truck. Just bad habits.