Pick pocket and beat down on the Baht bus

mcfish

Decided to go to get a bite to eat and some drinks at the beer garden last night so went to the 7/11 in jomtien and pulled out 3k from the atm and after about 7 baht buses, finally found one with a seat

As we were bowling along at a good speed this old guy suddenly stands up at the front of the bus and starts slowing walking backwards towards the back of the bus and I thought what the hell is doing? He didn't press the buzzer. He then Stands on the metal platform and I noticed he was sitting next to a young guy and with so many gays in the area I thought maybe he made a move on the old boy.

A few minutes later the bus pulls over for a passenger and this kid jumps up and squeezes in next to me so he is now the last person on the bench

We are now flying down the hill and bouncing around, Im feeling a type of nudging around my backside but we were bouncing around so much I didn't give it any more thought until I instinctively reached for my wallet and it was gone!

Straight away I asked the old guy did the kid try to steal your wallet and he said yes so a grabbed him by throat (the kid not the old boy) and raised my Fist and immediately he pointed to the ground and the wallet was under the bench so it looked like it fell out. I continue to hold him by the throat while ranting at him and put the wallet back in my pocket and he immediately pressed the buzzer and I immediately remembered I forgot to check the wallet contents and sure enough it was empty and with that I hit him with my open Hand as I hard as I could, I'm 6ft 3' and hit the gym so he was completely stunned I then grabbed his hair and kept slapping him until he screamed and I held up 3 fingers and said 3 Thousand baht and he reached in his bum bag and handed it over and I pushed him off the bus.

You could have heard a pin drop on that baht bus for the rest of the trip lol

I make a habit of never carrying more than 3k unless it's a big night

Also the bus had no lights so his job was a lot easier but I'm very surprised he targeted me. I'm a big guy and if he got caught it was never gonna end well.

Just wanted to share as a warning to others. He was able to remove my wallet and it's contents with me barely noticing. Had I been drinking he would have succeeded.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised the driver or other passengers did not join in on the beat down. The only time thai's wont jump in to protect another thai is when a thief is involved. 
Everyone should learn the word KHA-MOOY  (Thief) and scream it several times when something like this happens.

Thanks good tip. The bus was full of Russians, mostly women with kids

Well played, hopefully he'll think twice. 

So did the old fella only realise he'd been robbed when you asked him? I mean the kid had his wallet also?

No the old boy moved away when he realised what was happening

Well done, of course.

But they generally work in teams packs and next time his partner may stab you in the butt- or worse.

Yeah but what would I have done different? I wasn't going to let him walk and there is no polite way to ask a thief for your money back.

If anything I was more than fair using an open hand and not a fist.

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Yeah but what would I have done different? I wasn't going to let him walk and there is no polite way to ask a thief for your money back.

Im with ya. I would have done the same thing and not an open hand. 

Of course hindsight is what it is, but in the moment I would have done the same. 

But yeah can you imagine the hang em' high brigade here on TVF if a vid was released that just showed the beatdown? Things like this can get spun so far out its unreal. 

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

My comment was more about how TVF posters jump to conclusions based on minimal (CCTV) evidence.  I think you did the right thing.  Knowing your side of the story, most posters here seem to agree.  

But I wonder how the TVF "hang 'em high" peanut gallery would judge a video without getting the story, as so often happens.

My comment was more about how TVF posters jump to conclusions based on minimal (CCTV) evidence.  I think you did the right thing.  Knowing your side of the story, most posters here seem to agree.  

But I wonder how the TVF "hang 'em high" peanut gallery would judge a video without getting the story, as so often happens.

Maybe some confusion I actually quoted your post regarding the dangers of them working as a team. But yeah I see your point

13 minutes ago, impulse said:
14 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Maybe some confusion I actually quoted your post regarding the dangers of them working as a team. But yeah I see your point

So you did.  My bad.

Mine as well. 

32 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Nothing you could have done different other than to think if 3K is worth a potential beatdown by a group of Thai thugs. 

Personally that thought would not have crossed my mind at the time, seeing red & all. Only after would the consequences reveal themselves. 

A bunch of sheep posting here. I can understand if you're elderly taking this position. The baht bus collective and drivers has zero tolerance for them and will probably pull out a stick to help you. They are not stupid and if they see a pack ridding together acting suspiciously they kick them off. All the cases of pick picketers on busses that I have heard of have been acting alone.

7 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

A bunch of sheep posting here. I can understand if you're elderly taking this position. The baht bus collective and drivers has zero tolerance for them and will probably pull out a stick to help you. They are not stupid and if they see a pack ridding together acting suspiciously they kick them off. All the cases of pick picketers on busses that I have heard of have been acting alone.

Not in my experience. One time I was hit and the driver showed signs of being in on it. I have also witnessed multiple times gangs of obvious pickpockets getting on, casing the crowd and not finding a good mark, and then getting off, not paying, with the driver doing nothing. Do you even ride these buses often? 

I can confirm with absolute certainly he was the only Thai male on the bus. In the years of using baht buses I've never seen anyone not pay except a few senile older farang who just completely forgot.

45 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

first time I have heard of one working alone? mostly two or three with lady boys in the team

I suppose this is their one up top formation.  

first time I have heard of one working alone? mostly two or three with lady boys in the team

Your thinking beach road. Lady boys have have their own system of pick pocketing any anyone who has been felt up by a team knows what I'm talking about

13 hours ago, mcfish said:

Your thinking beach road. Lady boys have have their own system of pick pocketing any anyone who has been felt up by a team knows what I'm talking about

no i am talking about soi buchow on a baht bus and three in the team, a couple of lady boys but I have never heard or experienced a lone pickpocket before. this was a few years ago so maybe

they were a bit like Man U and still not sure of their best formation ? I remember it was   very amateurish.

20 hours ago, mcfish said:

No I saw  the same heading in from Jomtien about a year ago. A girl, a guy and 2 Ladyboys. I had just read on TV a month earlier about a simular gang.  They got on at Pan Pan then switched songthauws at the top of the hill .

21 hours ago, zoza said:

I have encountered these groups many times, either going after me or others.

Usually a gang of at least three people.

One time it was two people.

Never one person. 

Not always ladyboys involved either.

Archived