2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, sipi said:

If Trans wins this year and gets knocked out of future contests it will make next years interesting. 

I think we all need for Trans to win this year so we won’t have to listen to him sing anymore.  Clearly no one else wants it or needs it as much as he does and it would be just too cruel to deny him yet again.  I would be happy with third like last year but would not turn down second if it were offered.

I am extremely grateful to everyone who has voted for me so far but there are a few things I simply cannot do.  I can’t beg for votes, I won’t sing and I love my wife too much to post her picture on ThaiVisa.:smile::wub:

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I think we all need for Trans to win this year so we won’t have to listen to him sing anymore.  Clearly no one else wants it or needs it as much as he does and it would be just too cruel to deny him yet again.  I would be happy with third like last year but would not turn down second if it were offered.

I am extremely grateful to everyone who has voted for me so far but there are a few things I simply cannot do.  I can’t beg for votes, I won’t sing and I love my wife too much to post her picture on ThaiVisa.:smile::wub:

Spoken like a true winner!

For those who are still sitting on the fence, and need some convincing, here are some important things you should know.

The POTY award is for the poster who selfishly gives positive advice to others, and all the while remaining distinguished. There aren't many posters who are as qualified as VF, and even though he has stated many times that he is not bothered by the result, I feel it is deserved that he should win this prestigious award.

Note that VF has always remained upbeat and digging dirt is an alien concept to such a man.

3 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

That's where we are different.....I am having fun on this thread, very few have heard me sing and so that's my fun side....As for Mrs.Trans pics, well she can be seen any time, anywhere during our daily life...The assumption that you lot seeing her is demeaning is crap mon ami...Her and I have no problems with you or anyone else knowing who we are or look like..

We ROCK ON...... b0203.gif

2 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

I am surprised Jingthing isn't on the list, surely for the  biggest ignore list!:whistling: :giggle:

Well he has my vote. lol

Jing won a few years ago and can not be nominated again, never.

Which is why we desperately need Trans to win this year.

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Can I ask a question before voting in the 'finals'?

What do candidates think about soi dogs?

I am just guessing here, but Dick Dasterdly had a loyal mutt (who had a sickening laugh), so my take is that you are pro soi dogs, in which case, vote for the man who keeps them alive!!!!

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That's unfortunate as I'm not keen on VF and would otherwise FAR prefer to vote for transam :sad:.

I live in an animal friendly zone where all animals live in perfect harmony.  We walk our sois spreading our message of love and harmony.:smile:

Cats and Dog - 1.jpg

Cat and Dog - 5.jpg

Edited by villagefarang

Sorry Transam, I generally like most of your posts - whereas I dislike many of VFs (assuming I'm not confusing him with a guy that lives in some remote place and posts derogative comments about everyone who dares to criticise anything about living here).

But I'm not about to vote for anyone who has no empathy for soi dogs or, come to that, any other creature that is desperately trying to survive in 'our' world :sad:.

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I live in an animal friendly zone where all animals live in perfect harmony.  We walk our sois spreading our message of love and harmony.:smile:

Cats and Dog - 1.jpg

Harmony with nature!!! Well balanced and appreciates that some living things require a little TLC. I'd vote for VF, but I already put my cross next to his name!

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Sorry Transam, I generally like most of your posts - whereas I dislike many of VFs (assuming I'm not confusing him with a guy that lives in some remote place and posts derogative comments about everyone who dares to criticise anything about living here).

But I'm not about to vote for anyone who has no empathy for soi dogs or, come to that, any other creature that is desperately trying to survive in 'our' world :sad:.

Strike one!

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You must be confusing VF with another poster, as the word derogatory is not in his vocabulary.

Just now, sipi said:

Naam also likes dogs, and Canulumuck (I can never pronounce his name)

Liking them is one thing, but actually making their lives more fulfilled is a higher level of kindness and compassion, and I am happy to say that VF is on a mission to make all living things happier.

Just now, sipi said:

Naam also likes dogs, and Canulumuck (I can never pronounce his name)

Ashamed to admit that I still don't understand why there are three voting categories :sad:, but assume there will be a new thread for final votes.

I rarely remember individual posters unless they continually post things that seriously annoy me, or that I like.

Naam sticks out in my mind as a 'good' poster, but he isn't on the list (as far as I can make out).

Of course, I might be guilty of telling a crocodile how to swim, but all the candidate's post histories are but a few clicks away. Listen not to what they say now, check out their original responses to other posts,and also threads they have initiated. This is by far the best way to evaluate any candidate.