'Search' Function Often Useless.

MartinL

I've frequently had trouble with the 'Search" function on TVF. Topics I know exist, with 100% certainty, do not appear when searched for. 

Earlier this week I made a general search and got (I think) 20+ results. Today I used exactly the same search term and got Zero results.

Just to check the facility was faulty, I found a specific topic/thread I wanted in the forum index and copied & pasted its title into the 'Search' box - Result; NOTHING.

I also typed the exact same title into the box, just in case 'copy & paste' caused problems itself. Result; ZERO again.

What's going on?

Edited by MartinL

It's not just the general search - today get this when try to list threads I have posted.

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

For the last 3 days response to requests for any new page have been delayed - seems the mice are on a slowdown.  

100901121805-large3.jpg

Yea, I've seen that for days and days, to include right now.  And this morning all My Content in an activity stream I had setup to track my posts has disappeared.   The only thing that will show is a couple of posts I made just this morning even when I click load more.

And on the Android app many of the Topics areas are go to are just met with a "Loading....." response...and stuff never loads no matter how long I wait.  Use to work before the TV upgrade.

What works better than the site's own search is using a custom Google search.  In Google, type your search term followed by:   site:thaivisa.com/forum

So, for example, searching for (without quotes) "oxx site:thaivisa.com/forum" returns all postings I've made on the forum.  You can try it by clicking on the following link:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=oxx+site%3Athaivisa.com%2Fforum&oq=oxx+site%3Athaivisa.com%2Fforum

Yea...I've found just using a Google search with thaivisa as one of the search words works many, many times better than the current search capability of ThaiVisa. Before the upgrade the ThaiVisa search capability was very good...but no more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 10:29 AM, Oxx said:

What works better than the site's own search is using a custom Google search.  In Google, type your search term followed by:   site:thaivisa.com/forum

So, for example, searching for (without quotes) "oxx site:thaivisa.com/forum" returns all postings I've made on the forum.  You can try it by clicking on the following link:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=oxx+site%3Athaivisa.com%2Fforum&oq=oxx+site%3Athaivisa.com%2Fforum

You don't even need to type that much just use google and add thaivisa is enough. 

^^^^ Amen brother!!!! In a seperate browser tab a person needs to use Google search with thaivisa as one of the search words in order to have any significant measure of success in finding information in TV past topics/posts.