Foreign English teacher attacked and raped in rice paddy - rapist hunted in Bangkok

webfact

Disturbing amount of ferang ladies being raped at the moment.

You are right,and its because a guy gets caught for the rape of one ferang girl,Goes into prison and regails his tale to all the perps on his wing,about how great it is to have sex with a ferang girl,and how different they are.And suddenly,every released rapist wants a piece of felang tail.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

He will apologise and walk free.

I don't think so. Tourism is a money earner so sexual assaults on foreigners that are reported in the news are taken seriously. The perpetrators are nobodys who will likely be made an example of to show the world that the government means business. Even a Thai on Thai crime of this nature would likely result in serious jail time.

Edited by dbrenn

To state some are blaming the victim suggests they are privy to the truth.  I doubt that very much.

IF the supposed victim is telling the truth then I hope the perpetrator is held accountable. IF the victim is lying then I hope she is held to account.

Edited by djjamie

37 minutes ago, Sig said:

Back when I lived in BKK, I saw foreign girls behave like this, actually MUCH more dangerous naive trusting behavior, a good number of times over the years. I've talked with some of them to warn them about how their behavior could bring about very bad consequences and if they continued that I am pretty sure it will sooner or later, probably sooner. BUT, a majority of these girls (Americans and Europeans) told me something along these lines - It is so much safer here than back home, I feel totally safe, the people are so kind... blah blah blah etc etc  They were confident that I was just a killjoy old jealous American and told me I didn't know what I was talking about, regardless of having been in the country over 10 years at that time. They were all new to the country (university exchange students) and had no clue at all about crime here. And a couple of them were from areas I know well, which have their good share of violent crime, but not comparable at all to Bangkok. And especially the difference on how women are looked on and how alluring and sexy these girls looked to Thai guys, even back home they would have been considered good looking. The context was usually when they were dressed scantily, tipsy or even barely able to walk drunk, and walking or getting motorcycle or  tuk tuk rides back to their room ( about 2 km), alone, at 2 in the morning.
My point is, you would think they should know better, but they don't! I don't know about the poor girl in this case, but it sounds similar to what I saw (except no reason to think she was dressed in any sexy way or drunk). Although it seems crazy, and a complete lack of common sense, they are totally trusting and so joyful at being in this wonderful land of smiles that they put themselves in compromising positions without having a clue.
I wish it could be the utopia they seem to think they are in....
All that said, no women can possibly bear any responsibility for being raped. Period. There is never any justification for any rape of any kind for any reason. A woman SHOULD be able to sit between two guys on a motorcycle without anyone thinking about sex. What on earth does a ride on a motorcycle have to do with sex!? Just because your bodies are in contact, sex comes to mind??? Or whatever other excuse... it is incomprehensible as to why this is the case. Just what do people think sex is!? What is it's function, purpose, and place??? Such a low view of sex will just encourage the continuance of this animalistic behavior.
I know many don't believe in the death penalty, but I sure do. Especially for rape and murder - and not just as a possible punishment, I think it should be a mandatory sentence.
Sorry for babbling on so long....

Best post about this sad case.

One small nitpick - how could people not think about sex if there's a woman on a motorbike sandwiched between two guys?

2 minutes ago, bkkgooner said:

Raped for two hours, hurt and screaming in a rice paddy, my heart goes out to the poor woman.

I would have no qualms with the death penalty for this case.

i wonder if you would make this comment had you been required to carry out the sentence.

Let me see if I understand this...

A young, pretty, slim Farang was walking alone...

Two drunk strangers pull up and offer a ride.

Too lazy to walk the rest of the way?  

Bad choices have consequences, don't they? [emoji3]

Ja....hahaha...cute smiley- face!
I would love to tell you, what I think about you and yor cutesy smiley, but I like my posting rights!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

i wonder if you would make this comment had you been required to carry out the sentence.

Got that covered!
And I think there would be plenty of volunteers! No need to require it of anyone.

Have accusations of rape victim blaming gone too far?

until the world is free of rapists and those who wish to do harm, I’ll be taking the safety advice and doing the self-defence, carrying my rape alarm and taking a taxi, and yes, wearing the “anti-rape” nail varnish.

As well as condemning victim-blaming where I see it, I’ll also continue to have mixed feelings about my own attack, because I am human and I think not in rainbow colours nor in black and white, but in shades of grey. I sometimes wish feminism would do the same.

28 minutes ago, seahorse said:

One small nitpick - how could people not think about sex if there's a woman on a motorbike sandwiched between two guys?

Critique is great. Thanks for being polite. It seems rare around here...
You said, "how could people not think about sex if there's a woman on a motorbike sandwiched between two guys?"
Do you think that way when you see a grandma sandwiched between her grandsons?  Or a teenager sandwiched between her uncles? Or even if the guys in the previous examples were strangers...? Or even a guy between two girls? What does the gender of the riders have to do with the act of sex?? They are on a motorcycle going from point A to point B. Where does the idea of sex come into play? They are not in any kind of intimate relationship and have no reason for considering it for even a split second. Not to mention when it is against someone's will. I honestly don't know why the thought would enter the mind.  But, let's say someone doesn't have control of their sexual desires and is like a dog and willing to just take any member of the opposite sex at their convenience. They are human and live in a society in which all know it is unacceptable. So, he should not allow the girl on his bike if he knows he is a dog and won't be able to control himself. Otherwise, just like a dog that randomly attacks and bites people on the street, the death penalty is suitable.

12 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Ah its the christian thing to do right?

Now there's a zinger out of left field!
I think there are plenty from all kinds of religions who would willingly volunteer.
Where on earth did religion come into the mix?
Nevermind... I don't think I want to know.

9 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Something that's a little bit disgusting is that the teacher was basically sitting between two men?

I'm not blaming the victim in any way, but teachers should have a healthy commons sense.

When I was a child, I though my teachers God like in their knowledge... then I grew up, and realized that teachers are just normal people with normal IQs.... some I have met, in my adult life, are even down right stupid.

the woman's vocation has nothing to do with the fact that she was raped, and I don't understand why some think it should.

And.... three, four, five people on a motorbike are a common sights here... why make a big deal about that, either?

its been known that grandmother have been raped by burglars... just for being at home.

circumstances can come in any variety of forms, so it would be nice if posters stopped trying to come up with ways to blame the victim by presenting excuses for the rapists.

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sadly, primal instincts is still a big problem in this country with the majority of

the people are farmers and a hard day laborers with little or no access to

women, so when they see one to be an easy prey, they go for it, and da hell

with the consequents, as sometimes, life in jail is better than being free

but destitute and poor....

A: Absolute <deleted> nonsense. B: I hope you're not teaching English here.

Critique is great. Thanks for being polite. It seems rare around here...
You said, "how could people not think about sex if there's a woman on a motorbike sandwiched between two guys?"
Do you think that way when you see a grandma sandwiched between her grandsons?  Or a teenager sandwiched between her uncles? Or even if the guys in the previous examples were strangers...? Or even a guy between two girls? What does the gender of the riders have to do with the act of sex?? They are on a motorcycle going from point A to point B. Where does the idea of sex come into play? They are not in any kind of intimate relationship and have no reason for considering it for even a split second. Not to mention when it is against someone's will. I honestly don't know why the thought would enter the mind.  But, let's say someone doesn't have control of their sexual desires and is like a dog and willing to just take any member of the opposite sex at their convenience. They are human and live in a society in which all know it is unacceptable. So, he should not allow the girl on his bike if he knows he is a dog and won't be able to control himself. Otherwise, just like a dog that randomly attacks and bites people on the street, the death penalty is suitable.

Alcohol can alter behaviour considerably.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Wow, just read all 5 pages. One common thread I noticed is the 'it's not her fault - commenter' that doesn't at all blame the victim 'BUT'...  It reminds me of a bigot saying 'I'm not racist but...'

No blame, even remotely [clothes, a lift, alcohol - what plant are you people on?] can be attached to the victim here, or in any case like this. I really hope and I'm pretty sure, that she [the victim] won't be reading this page.  How many of you PC warriors would say what you have to her face? How many of you would lay the same criticisms on your mother, sister or wife?

8 hours ago, roo860 said:

Trendy for Thais or foreigners?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Very trendy for Hi So Thais from Bangkok with big money and Farangs too.

Common to see new Mercedes, Porsche Boxster and I just saw a new Yellow Ferrari last week.

And seaside second homes to party in all weekend.

A beach front vacant lot in Khao Takiap is up for sale for 110 million baht.

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

Sitting between two guys who maybe never had sex with a woman before. 

Would a woman back home sit between two unknown drunk guys on a Moped? 

I'm not blaming the victim at all, too many people just don't know what's behind all the different smiles.

I wouldn't even sit between them as a man and prefer to walk back, accidents happen too often and driving with unknown drunk guys can't be fun at all.  

Considering so many rapists the last weeks, it seems that it's just the top of the iceberg what we read in the news. How many of them are too ashamed and don't go to the cops? 

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

When I was a child, I though my teachers God like in their knowledge... then I grew up, and realized that teachers are just normal people with normal IQs.... some I have met, in my adult life, are even down right stupid.

the woman's vocation has nothing to do with the fact that she was raped, and I don't understand why some think it should.

And.... three, four, five people on a motorbike are a common sights here... why make a big deal about that, either?

its been known that grandmother have been raped by burglars... just for being at home.

circumstances can come in any variety of forms, so it would be nice if posters stopped trying to come up with ways to blame the victim by presenting excuses for the rapists.

Sorry, but my post is in no way an excuse for any rapists. 

11 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

The big man's message will always follow him.

Something that's a little bit disgusting is that the teacher was basically sitting between two men?

I'm not blaming the victim in any way, but teachers should have a healthy commons sense.

As a South African, she should be aware how dangerous life for a woman can be. 

I feel very sorry for her and hope that she will get over it and I also hope that this thread will be read by many females who might then be a little more careful in the Land of Smiles. 

Get well soon, the culprits should be raped ten times a day by  all male prisoners for a few years.

Yep, that might help them to rethink, damn Somchais. 

You make a good point. Foreign women teachers should go through a primer before they arrive in Thailand so they are aware of risks and how best to avoid them.

She saw two small thai boys with friendly and helpful faces, deceptive yes but its easy to perceive thais in this way for a westerner. I think western males do the same thing and think they are just little friendly people who wont snap or do anything bad.

Edited by Kaalle

30 minutes ago, Olik said:

Most Asian women don't ride a motorbike in between guys. Without judging her, her action signaled the predators appropriate timing for preying her.

"Without judging her, her actions signaled the predators...."

sounds like judge, jury, and execution to me.