USA woman's drug and abduction claim is fabrication, say police

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

So you think that the story is odd , which suggests that you have some doubt about its authenticity and you dont know whether its true ior not, but you still do not believe the Police , after they have investigated the case and found no evidence of any of what she claimed had taken place ?

Its nearly impossible to have clear proof that something didnt happen .

The sory is a little hhmmm say out there. but...

So you don't recall a bunch of BIB raiding a so-call gambling den not so long ago and a man died after being beaten to death and the BIB denieghed it?  Damm them CCTV camera's nd witnesses... 

Or how about the several difering stoies of the mqn whom apparently hung himself and had a ruptuared spleen in the gaol cel and wouldn't ya know it the CCTV was on the blink, and the security guards just happened to be away at the time...

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

I could think of 10 000 reasons why ...........all in donations

If I had a daughter was in in danger on the otherside of the World , the first thing that I would do would be to immediately go on line and book her the next ticket out of there , I wouldnt wait and set  up an appeal and ask for an amount of money far exceeding the cost of a flight ticket

When you set up a fund me page you don't control how much money comes in.   How can there be evidence since she left without giving a test kit.   Doubters of women's rape stories are the old norm.  Let's just hope they go the way of the dinosaurs.    I am doubtful of police in this.   They worry more about face and tat  dollars than justice.     This woman would have had better luck if she didn't mention a uniform.  

The police are under the impression that they will defend their honor against someone who is in the USA...exactly what can they do about somone making pejorative claims who resides in another country? Seems kind of stupid and childish to make such an empty threat...

A post containing content from a Facebook page has been removed.  As Facebook is not an accredited source of information, the information posted on a Facebook page could be construed as defamatory. Thailand has tough Libel laws and to save members from any harm the posts will be removed. Please do not link to or post content from Facebook sites.

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 0:34 AM, sanemax said:

The question now is : Was this  a premeditated deliberate scam involving her Family back home with the sole intention of raising money ?

Now you're talking.  My money would be on that possibility.

As we know from a recent death of a fitness hguru, families can be leaned on to raise $$ on gofundme, etc.

44 minutes ago, hdkane said:

The police are under the impression that they will defend their honor against someone who is in the USA...exactly what can they do about somone making pejorative claims who resides in another country? Seems kind of stupid and childish to make such an empty threat...

Flag her at Immigration and nail jher on a future visit?

Flag her at Immigration and nail jher on a future visit?

You think, she will be back?
After -possibly- being raped and abducted on day 1 of her recent visit to this beautiful country and then ridiculed by the very police, she should have been able to put her trust in?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, DM07 said:

You think, she will be bemck?
After -possibly- beimng raped and abducted on day 1 of her recent visit to this beautiful country and then ridiculed by the very police, she should have been able to put her trust in?

Let's wait and see what pans out.  Too many here Immediately take the anti Thai line.  

58 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Let's wait and see what pans out.  Too many here Immediately take the anti Thai line.  

It's not an anti- Thai- line!

It's an anti- Thai- Police line!

Big difference!

11 hours ago, DM07 said:

Yinu think, she will be back ?
Afterrifsn-possibly- being raped and abducted on day 1 of her recent visitifto this beautiful country and then ridiculed by the very police, she should have been able to put her trust in?

I don't know, and care even less, whether she returns or not.

My post In which I suggested she could be flagged at Immigration was In response to a post that asked how they could apprehend her If she's returned home., no more or less.

In response to your following post, OK, some who post Immediately take the anti RTP position on no more than hearsay.  You have personal experience of being framed?

Of all the time I've spent In Thailand, I've never been approached by a cop, never asked for ID, or anything else, never spoken to a Thai cop, so I'd be BS'ing If I said anything about them, negative or positive.

I Wish I could say the same about the Indonesian police, where I am currently.  I've been milked more times than I care to remember, never for any significant amount, but annoying nevertheless.

I'm prepared to wait for the outcome of any Investigation before I go after the RTP, unlike many others.

Edited by F4UCorsair

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Grubster said:

I could see this bein t true or false.  That is why in the civilized world the police don't spill there guts to the public, They gather evidence and take it to a court of law.  They try to keep the public in the dark until it is brought up in court. Thats where the he said she said stuff and the evidence is to come out in full. If they found that the evidence all pointed to a scam by the accuser than they would arrest her when they thought they had a case, not tell the world that they are going to start to investigate her. Thats a threat not a statement.

Investigators move In many ways, sometimes releasing NO Information, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but withholding critical pieces that only the perpertrator could know.

It annoys me, at times, that the TV Investigating team Is way ahead of the RTP, and they're basing what they say on NEWSPAPER reports.

They present 'stories' that sell newspapers, or the online equivalent, and get It wrong more often than they get It right.

Approach with an open mind.... way too many hear 'RTP', and their decision Is made, on hearsay!!

I don't know, and care even less, whether she returns or not.

My post In which I suggested she could be flagged at Immigration was In response to a post that asked how they could apprehend her If she's returned home., no more or less.

In response to your following post, OK, some who post Immediately take the anti RTP position on no more than hearsay.  You have personal experience of being framed?

Of all the time I've spent In Thailand, I've never been approached by a cop, never asked for ID, or anything else, never spoken to a Thai cop, so I'd be BS'ing If I said anything about them, negative or positive.

I Wish I could say the same about the Indonesian police, where I am currently.  I've been milked more times than I care to remember, never for any significant amount, but annoying nevertheless.

I'm prepared to wait for the outcome of any Investigation before I go after the RTP, unlike many others.

You seriously think the RTP will investigate their own? This will be covered up like all the other recent allegations against both police and military. I think that is the source of the cynicism about anything RTP, and why I would be very hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

14 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

why has nobody checked any CCTV footage in the pub or along the street where she was drugged till now? or the cameras mysteriously disappeared or coincidentally were being repaired? why was there no mentioned of the police checking up on this?

The CCTV cameras were real? In working order? Not"fiddled with?"

Obviously we are disappointed, but not surprised by this conclusion. That is why we wanted our daughter out of the country right away. Consider it was the "tourist" police that investigated and tourism dollars make up a substantial part of the country's tourism ... Nevertheless, we never expected the individual to be charged and our daughter is safe at home, and that was always our primary concern. My daughter's glasses and phone were found a week ago  (the police would not say where) and my daughter identified her abductor and his sister by photos that were sent to her. She has kept her blouse that has both her blood and his blood on it, but the police aren't interested. She will be fine. Our main concern was that she was taken to a windowless room or apartment that contained only a bare mattress so it appears this activity has happened before and, unfortunately, likely will happen again, perhaps to one of your own. We have been in contact with the International Justice Mission, of which my daughter donated  $5,000, from the GoFundMe donations. She has refused TV appearances with Dr. Phil, Inside Edition and others because this never was, nor will be, about seeking celebrity status. She never said their were 4 or 5 men. She said she was socializing with 4 or 5 people at the bar. The group included two women. Only the man who abducted her and attempted to rape her was in uniform. She said she didn't know if it was a police or military uniform. I will not comment further on this because our personal nightmare us over but I wanted the good people of Thailand to understand there is a rapist loose on your streets and it saddens us all a great deal that someone could suffer the terror my daughter experienced (and much worse an actual rape) from this man. 

4 hours ago, Cindy Fairfield said:

Obviously we are disappointed, but not surprised by this conclusion. That is why we wanted our daughter out of the country right away. Consider it was the "tourist" police that investigated and tourism dollars make up a substantial part of the country's tourism ... Nevertheless, we never expected the individual to be charged and our daughter is safe at home, and that was always our primary concern. My daughter's glasses and phone were found a week ago  (the police would not say where) and my daughter identified her abductor and his sister by photos that were sent to her. She has kept her blouse that has both her blood and his blood on it, but the police aren't interested. She will be fine. Our main concern was that she was taken to a windowless room or apartment that contained only a bare mattress so it appears this activity has happened before and, unfortunately, likely will happen again, perhaps to one of your own. We have been in contact with the International Justice Mission, of which my daughter donated  $5,000, from the GoFundMe donations. She has refused TV appearances with Dr. Phil, Inside Edition and others because this never was, nor will be, about seeking celebrity status. She never said their were 4 or 5 men. She said she was socializing with 4 or 5 people at the bar. The group included two women. Only the man who abducted her and attempted to rape her was in uniform. She said she didn't know if it was a police or military uniform. I will not comment further on this because our personal nightmare us over but I wanted the good people of Thailand to understand there is a rapist loose on your streets and it saddens us all a great deal that someone could suffer the terror my daughter experienced (and much worse an actual rape) from this man. 

Still no explanation as to how she jumped from the balcony of a windowless room ?

11 hours ago, Cindy Fairfield said:

So this latest statement from you Cindy is to inform us at Thai visa forum that your daughter has suffered greatly and you have proof and so does the police but your happy to let it be so everyone can move on. You also want to warn of a man or group that might be sex traffickers. Is this right?

The only way to solve this case is for Alex to return to Bangkok. Present any evidence she has and make a formal statement to the police. They can then investigate this case properly and try to find your daughters abductors. But if you insist that this doesn't matter. Let it go and move on. Then without a proper investigation by police you cannot prove anything you say.

No disrespect to you personally or your family. Just my opinion as a poster on this forum.

On 12/16/2016 at 5:26 AM, hdkane said:

It's similar to ministerial statements that are equally ridiculous in the civilised world: it's just face for domestic consumption. As long as the cops say there will be consequences as if they were real grown ups and knew what they were talking about, that's all that matters to Project Thai.

121830626.jpg?w=480&h=320&crop=1

On 12/17/2016 at 7:04 AM, Cindy Fairfield said:

Consider it was the "tourist" police that investigated

The tourist Police carried out the in investigation ?

I was under the impression that the Thai tourist Police   only assisted the real Thai Police and were basically just translators and assisting .

Do the tourist Police actually carry out investigations ?

On 17/12/2016 at 7:04 AM, Cindy Fairfield said:

I believe her. She certainly did the right thing to get home quickly. 

I have no doubt this room has had its uses in the past and will have its uses in the future. 

Thank goodness your daughter is alive and in tact.