Trump’s Energy choice promises Perry Christmas for fossil fuel lobby

webfact

Trump’s Energy choice promises Perry Christmas for fossil fuel lobby

Robert Hackwill

606x341_352383.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- The former governor of Texas and twice unsuccessful candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, Rick Perry, has been confirmed as Donald Trump’s Energy secretary-in-waiting.

Yet as recently as 2011 on the presidential campaign trail Perry promised he would do away with the agency he is about to run. He is a longstanding climate change sceptic.

“We’ll eliminate agencies that perform redundant functions, get rid of the Department of Commerce, the Department of Education , the Department of Energy”.

However Perry seemed to struggle to even remember energy in a Republican primary in 2011.

“It’s three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education and the… What’s the third one there? Let’s see…The third agency of government I would do away with… Education, Commerce and, let’s see. I can’t. The third one I can’t. Sorry. Oops”. The lapse cost him dear in his campaign.

Trump praised Perry for creating millions of jobs and lowering energy prices from 2000 to 2015 as governor of Texas, which is a major oil, gas and wind power producer.

But his tenure also saw Texas enact some of the stiffest anti-abortion laws in the country.

The appointment means all of Trump’s choices for jobs likely to have a major environmental impact have gone to climate change sceptics and fans of fossil fuels.

Perry will also oversee America’s nuclear weapons programme.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-15

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“It’s three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education and the… What’s the third one there? Let’s see…The third agency of government I would do away with… Education, Commerce and, let’s see. I can’t. The third one I can’t. Sorry. Oops”

"I have three words: 'dumb', 'mother'...I forget the third"

~Stephen Colbert

It  is  looking  like the  next  4  years  will  be  interesting  ones  for  the  USA,  that  is  if  the Donald  is  ever  sworn  in for  the job,  not  just  sworn  at!    And  I  thought  that  after  the  election,  things would be  dull...

Wrong   again..

Geezer

10 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

It  is  looking  like the  next  4  years  will  be  interesting  ones  for  the  USA,  that  is  if  the

Donald  is  ever  sworn  in for  the job,  not  just  sworn  at!

And  I  thought  that  after  the  election,  things would be  dull...

Wrong   again..

Geezer

Scary might be a more accurate description than interesting

6 hours ago, Thakkar said:

"I have three words: 'dumb', 'mother'...I forget the third"

~Stephen Colbert

If that's a Colbert quote. He is a dumb -uck. I can't stand to watch him. His idea of comedy, belittlement. Nothing funny or original about him. 

18 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

If that's a Colbert quote. He is a dumb -uck. I can't stand to watch him. His idea of comedy, belittlement. Nothing funny or original about him. 

Your distaste for belittlement would suggest a massive distaste for Trump, who belittles his opponents at every opportunity. If so, you and I are on the same page.

6 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Your distaste for belittlement would suggest a massive distaste for Trump, who belittles his opponents at every opportunity. If so, you and I are on the same page.

I share your distaste but Colbert was awfully funny when in character and the joke was always on himself. 

okay so now.... what? Elon Musk visiting Trump Tower???

because here we have, in Perry, a true Christian... and as even The Pope knows now.... only on Mars will hell still be punitive.

hoaaaah USA!!!!! [on the Planet of Satan!]

hilarious!

Edited by maewang99

Personally, I like what he's doing so far. Seeing him sitting in the same office with Obama makes me laugh. His body language says; "Geez I wish Jan. 20th would get here so I don't have to listen to you and your whining, soon-to-be jobless staff of incompetents and can get on with turning America around finally.".

And what in the heck does this quote; " But his tenure also saw Texas enact some of the stiffest anti-abortion laws in the country. " have to do with him running the department of energy??

This is the only thing needed to be known; " Trump praised Perry for creating millions of jobs and lowering energy prices from 2000 to 2015 as governor of Texas, which is a major oil, gas and wind power producer. "

After all, isn't that what the head of the department of energy is SUPPOSED to do?

Places like California could sure benefit from building a couple of desalinization plants along it's coast instead of crying about water shortages every year. They could even paint the pipes green with flowers to make the hippies happy.

There are SO many ways things could be improved in America. It's about time we have a president who's trying to put together a team that will actually do them.

If Clinton had won, all we'd be reading about would be her; "I am woman, hear me roar" world history tour.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:46 AM, lannarebirth said:

I share your distaste but Colbert was awfully funny when in character and the joke was always on himself. 

The joke was not on himself, but on the (only slightly) over the top Republican Pundit he played. I believe he once mentioned that he had fashioned his character after Fox's Bill O'Reilly.

The reality, with the likes of Hannity and others had become more bizarre than the character he had created, and so it was right that the character be retired.

CBS is not Comedy Central and Colbert is not Letterman. Colbert still has his moments, but the new gig doesn't feel like the right fit.

On 12/17/2016 at 7:10 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

Personally, I like what he's doing so far. Seeing him sitting in the same office with Obama makes me laugh. His body language says; "Geez I wish Jan. 20th would get here so I don't have to listen to you and your whining, soon-to-be jobless staff of incompetents and can get on with turning America around finally.".

And what in the heck does this quote; " But his tenure also saw Texas enact some of the stiffest anti-abortion laws in the country. " have to do with him running the department of energy??

This is the only thing needed to be known; " Trump praised Perry for creating millions of jobs and lowering energy prices from 2000 to 2015 as governor of Texas, which is a major oil, gas and wind power producer. "

After all, isn't that what the head of the department of energy is SUPPOSED to do?

Places like California could sure benefit from building a couple of desalinization plants along it's coast instead of crying about water shortages every year. They could even paint the pipes green with flowers to make the hippies happy.

There are SO many ways things could be improved in America. It's about time we have a president who's trying to put together a team that will actually do them.

If Clinton had won, all we'd be reading about would be her; "I am woman, hear me roar" world history tour.

If what you're saying about Trump's body language is true, then he must be a terrible negotiator to be giving away his true feelings so easily. In fact, whenever you see evaluations like the one you just posted, it says a lot about you, and nothing at all about the facts of the case.

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:

The joke was not on himself, but on the (only slightly) over the top Republican Pundit he played. I believe he once mentioned that he had fashioned his character after Fox's Bill O'Reilly.

The reality, with the likes of Hannity and others had become more bizarre than the character he had created, and so it was right that the character be retired.

CBS is not Comedy Central and Colbert is not Letterman. Colbert still has his moments, but the new gig doesn't feel like the right fit.

That's what I meant. The joke was always on the character's self. He was always in character on that show.

20 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

If what you're saying about Trump's body language is true, then he must be a terrible negotiator to be giving away his true feelings so easily. In fact, whenever you see evaluations like the one you just posted, it says a lot about you, and nothing at all about the facts of the case.

So, you didn't even bother to read past my opening observation/opinion to make your "Clintonesque" post.

And you still wonder why the Dems lost everything.

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, you didn't even bother to read past my opening observation/opinion to make your "Clintonesque" post.

And you still wonder why the Dems lost everything.

Actually, the rest of it was so similarly silly as not to merit comment. I was giving you a break. But here it goes.

Rick Perry 

On 12/17/2016 at 7:10 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

Rick Perry created millions of jobs in the energy sector?  As far as the oil and gas industry goes, did he put that stuff in the ground?    Did he create the climactic conditions that makes the wind blow so powerfully on the texas plains?  I think you are confusing Rick Perry with Jesus.

And for someone who criticized a poster for invoking anti-abortion laws in Texas as irrelevant, why are you bringing up desalinization in California?  Do you actually read what you write? Or are you just badly confused?

On 17/12/2559 at 7:10 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

7 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, the rest of it was so similarly silly as not to merit comment. I was giving you a break. But here it goes.

Rick Perry 

Rick Perry created millions of jobs in the energy sector?  As far as the oil and gas industry goes, did he put that stuff in the ground?    Did he create the climactic conditions that makes the wind blow so powerfully on the texas plains?  I think you are confusing Rick Perry with Jesus.

And for someone who criticized a poster for invoking anti-abortion laws in Texas as irrelevant, why are you bringing up desalinization in California?  Do you actually read what you write? Or are you just badly confused?

Why do you always do personal attacks on Thai Visa Members ? It is Ok to disagree or to have different opinions; but you should stop the attacks on people. State your point, then let others agree or  state something different.