Thai woman fights back and kills man who attempted to rape her

webfact

4 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

Actually you only know what was in the police report. What you don't know is the following:

- contents of the rape kit/medical exam report on the woman

- any witness statements of the fight

- where they got the idea that the man want to have sex with her before

- statements from his drinking companions

and much more.

thats my point :post-4641-1156693976:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Garry said:

Perhaps at minimum buy a Tazer for her?
Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

Tazers being banned in Oz and never thought of that for Bkk.

A possibility and Thanks.

To forever have the stabbing death of a would be rapist on her conscience would be a bit much.

42 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I somehow knew the word  "scum - - - "  would crop up when I read this story. 

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

I believe that you have misunderstood this word and it's origins. To compare it to the F or C word is totally wrong.

While not a very sophisticated word, it is legitimately used to describe an person of poor character.

The Cambridge Dictionary states:    a very unpleasant person who has done something dishonest or unacceptable

The origins come from the Sugar refining industry:

As for the first use of “scumbag,” this was not, as is popularly stated, a condom.  Rather, in 1812, Abraham Rees compiled 45 volumes of an encyclopedia entitled, simply, Rees’s Encyclopedia. In the 34th volume, dedicated to the arts, sciences, and literature, Rees referred to a scumbag in relation to a straining bag when refining sugar:

46 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

"Oh my, I do declare, someone used the word scum, Ive got the vapors.....  someone catch as Im about to faint."

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

If this is a true story, which I doubt, he'll never try to rape another women ever again...

and I hope that this brave woman will  be exonerated....

555   The guy is dead. Do you believe in ghosts ?

38 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Really? Strewth! How typical for some fragile faux snowflake to come on here and note their displeasure over something as benign as a word when someone has almost been raped and another has been murdered. How about get your priorities in order? Scum is a pretty average noun in the great scheme of things, but would describe the type of person that beats and rapes women to a tee without the need for OTT expletives. But that it would offend you or your kin-folk smacks more of misplaced idiomaticness than any flaw attributed to the humble user/inventor. For clarity, on a scale of 1 to 10, scum would be about a 2 or 3, and your 'on par' 'C' word is a big fat 11!

19 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Everyone has missed the most vital part of this story. The house was on stilts.

About as un-vital and irrelevant as the word "scum" ??

As rough as the translation in daily news was from Thai to English, it was a platform house.

So what?

1 hour ago, humqdpf said:

So how to you propose to deal with her? Tell her that she should just accept the rape? And then watch the guy get an easy punishment? Women are not allowed to defend themselves?

Just based on the evidence, this guy was not taking no for an answer - attacked her in the field, chased her all the way home, then fought her etc.

Easy punishment? The man is already dead.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Scum is too kind of word for this guy....perhaps scum bag would be more in line with his actions, no matter what part of the world you are from......??

1 hour ago, Jing Joe said:

I've been  very afraid for my Uni student niece who is being harassed by a motorbike taxi guy in Bkk.

Like the farmer lady in this article she is also described as    " an attractive single woman " .  Very much so,  and she avoids him..

Thinking about suggesting she carry a knife.

Wait and see the outcome of this case.

A very loud and very clear message in his ear might  just do the trick plus a word with the local Bill along with appropriate lunch -  no need to wait for any outcome.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

He picked  the wrong victim,she was much stronger than

he thought, good for her.

regards Worgeordie

Actually he picked the right one to curb his stupidity permanently. 

Edited by Artisi

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Who are you, the language police? Do not impose your linguistic culture on others. It's obvious you know nothing of linguistics, or you would know that some "bad" words native speakers use become diluted or changed, and that all languages that are in daily use change over time. I'm not impressed with your superior breeding due to being from Western Europe. Besides, "scum" is nothing much to begin with. Pond scum is a common household term.

Edited by Dustdevil

Unfortunately in Thailand justice is not available by the police.  Vigilante law makes for a precarious society.  But I wonder, in America, had this happened, what the outcome would be legally.  It does help me be convinced that the man had been talking about doing this for some time.  This is a tough one, like the other story about the Australian that was raped by a motorcycle taxi driver allegedly.  In that case too, the alleged rapist had a history of rapy behavior.  Jesus, guys, this is Thailand where even *I* can find a girflriend, is it that hard?  

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

Unfortunately in Thailand justice is not available by the police.  Vigilante law makes for a precarious society.  But I wonder, in America, had this happened, what the outcome would be legally.  It does help me be convinced that the man had been talking about doing this for some time.  This is a tough one, like the other story about the Australian that was raped by a motorcycle taxi driver allegedly.  In that case too, the alleged rapist had a history of rapy behavior.  Jesus, guys, this is Thailand where even *I* can find a girflriend, is it that hard?  

Yes. A lot of men around the world don't seem to get this simple fact: you'll get laid if you just act nice, and it will mean a lot more and be a lot more exciting than sexual (even verbal) assault...because she likes you.

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

What do you mean by "Wrong victim",  are you advising him to pick the "Right victim", who cannot fight back ?

Maybe should have said he picked big strong farm girl. Big mistake on his part.

The word "Infidel" has a similar effect for me.

2 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

I've been  very afraid for my Uni student niece who is being harassed by a motorbike taxi guy in Bkk.

Like the farmer lady in this article she is also described as    " an attractive single woman " .  Very much so,  and she avoids him..

Thinking about suggesting she carry a knife.

Wait and see the outcome of this case.

Pepper spray may be safer...for a first time. Knife may follow....

So, why wouldn´t you like when people call this bastard for scum? Are you one of these people that really believes that a good doctor and some group speech is going to be able to change his nature? Come on! Can´t you just see that you are playing with words? It doesn´t matter what you call a rapist, as long as you don´t agree with his moral and etics which are non existant.