Hit men gun down motorcyclist on his way to work - female student injured by stray bullet

webfact

Hit men gun down motorcyclist on his way to work - female student injured by stray bullet

a5.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A man on his way to work was assassinated by a hit man on a following motorcycle in Samut Prakarn yesterday.

A 17 year old M5 student on her way to school was hit in the hip by a stray bullet.

The shooter and his accomplice riding the bike escaped and are now being hunted by Samrong Neua police, reports Thairath.

The drama happened in Soi Mankorn - Khan Dee Soi 8 off the Thaparak Road south east of Bangkok.

Police found 38 year old social security insurance man Mongkhon Srikwang lying in a pool of blood barely alive. He had been shot in the back on his way to work. The bullet had come out his chest.

Police found one bullet lodged in the speedometer of his bike that was crashed nearby.

He was rushed to hospital but soon died.

Sitting nearby was a crying girl, 17 year old Amphawan Suknin a M5 (Year 12) student at Thepsarin School. She was being driven to school on her elder brother's bike.

She had been hit in the hip by two bullet fragments from the same .38 gun that had been used to kill Mongkhon.

The student's brother told police that he had heard three shots ring out behind him and this was corroborated by another witness who saw two men in black jackets and blue jeans racing off in the direction of Theparak Road. The man on the back of the motorcycle was putting a gun away as they rode off.

The number of the bike was 850 though he did not get the full registration.

Police immediately put a net around the whole area in an effort to catch the men but so far this has not met with success.

Meanwhile the victim's wife told police that her husband had no issues with anyone and she had no idea why he might have been shot.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-16

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

Assassins need to be educated to know that killing is wrong. That should stop this kind of incident, shouldn't it?

Senseless comment....would you be as flippant if either person was someone you knew??? Show some respect. RIP & hope young student is ok....

3 hours ago, seahorse said:

Assassins need to be educated to know that killing is wrong. That should stop this kind of incident, shouldn't it?

Well then they would not be assassins would they, obviously a reasonably well thought out HIT, bike will never be recovered and probably using false plats in any event.

14 minutes ago, ttrd said:

If you dont wear a helmet - at least wear something bulletproof when driving a motorbike in the LOS...

You can't. Bullet proof vesta are classed as war weapons here.. Some journalist got arrested for carrying one not too long ago.

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

Kind of an open ended statement. Actually education in some instances makes people worse. Just look at the politicians of the world. 

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

You can't. Bullet proof vests are classed as war weapons here.. Some journalist got arrested for carrying one not too long ago.

I wonder if my Kevlar lined bike pants are covered by that law? I know my bum is (by the pants) although I'm not in any way wanting to test them!!  :smile::wai:

OMG.

This is the sort of thing that happens everyday in Manila; and the police do not even bother to investigate.

At least in the LOS the police will conduct a robust investigation. (Another suicide perhaps?)

But I do feel very sorry for the unluckily bystander and hope she makes a quick recovery.

It amazes me how many speculative responses there are when none of us know what or why? It seems there are many that have a 20-20 vision and wish to create drama? Perhaps some have sad lives requiring self motivation by talking poo! As it stands nobody knows diddly squat and more to the point, like it or lump, it this their country so can I suggest we leave it to the Thai authorities. A gentle reminder is that we are Guest's in this Country and perhaps they may not work in the same way as our Countries of Origin do. Unfortunately an innocent young bystander was hurt so my thoughts go out to her and hope she makes a full recovery.

On 15/12/2016 at 3:21 PM, seahorse said:

And who is going to educate the Assassins may I ask. And Assassins don't know it is wrong? Really?  Look, if you amputate both the index fingers(left and right hands) then they can no longer pull the trigger of a gun or clumsy if they try and wouldn't  shoot straight anymore. That is a good idea it will end their profession as hired killers, wouldn't it?

18 hours ago, seahorse said:

Have you ever heard the old adage that , "If you have nothing useful to say , then say nothing" ?

Honestly , are you just sitting there all day awaiting the next TV post?

Get a life man !