condo mangers defined duties

in my complex of 35 units 75% are rentals and out fulltime manger spends 75% of his day renting units,i don't mind but I am paying 30,000 /yr...also our cleaning woman finishes her condo duties by 12 then spends the rest of her day(which I also pay for) cleaning rental rooms...can someone who knows the condo act clearify ''mangers duties in regards to rentals....thanks

You are 100% correct, they shoudnt be doing it. I have seen it in several condo complexes, the condo management is running a little real estate empire, and not much condo management. not much use complaining to the jurastic person or the commitee, as they are all splitting the commission. Not sure how you can shut in down other than getting in the commitee.

Do you mean the Juristic Person Manager or the day to date manager employed to look after the daily affairs of the Condominium building?

The JPM looks after issues regulated by the condo act, such as sending out letters about upcoming AGMS, etc.

The day to day manager is an employee and their job description is set by the building committee. If you want change, contact the committee chairman to get their views.

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

Do you mean the Juristic Person Manager or the day to date manager employed to look after the daily affairs of the Condominium building?

The JPM looks after issues regulated by the condo act, such as sending out letters about upcoming AGMS, etc.

The day to day manager is an employee and their job description is set by the building committee. If you want change, contact the committee chairman to get their views.

I do not agree with your interpretation of the Condo Act

The JPM has wider responsibilities that you specify. See attached jpeg –section 36

Section 36 -7 allows the JPM to delegate duties to one other person.

This job is usually referred to as the building manager.

Therefore the roles of the JPM and the building Manager are linked.

With respect to the cleaner in the OP

It may well be that she is only employed to work to midday

After that she has other direct paying customers within the same building.

What should not happen is the condo management   selling cleaning services to clients within the building.

A condo is not a business in the regular sense of the term.

For it to be a business it must have a business license in some form

33.jpg

36 RESPONSIBILITIES OF A  MANAGER.jpg

I would speak to the Committee first before barrelling in there, and also try to get a firm understanding the exact positon of this 'manager', are they the JPM or the Bulding Manager.

It is not uncommon in some condos for the Committee to resolve to try and earn extra income to allow owners or renters to use the cleaners services after certain times of the day, and a proportion of the money would be paid to the Juristic.

I would start by reading the building’s balance sheet, so you can see how much the building is spending on cleaning and employing the building manager.

There might even be an “income from rental activity” row on the balance sheet.

As for your 30,000 baht/year, if your condo is 50 sq. m. then that’s 50 baht per sq. m./month which sounds typical of a low-rise decently managed condominium.

The condominium act is of no help in your situation, as the legal responsibilities of the JPM is more about the building itself, common areas, etc., and what can and cannot be done without a majority vote etc.