Prawit fires back at media

rooster59

Prawit fires back at media

By THE NATION

df014e5220e657d90cfcbdd15dbd4cff.jpeg

DEPUTY Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan fired back yesterday at media speculation that he would leave the Cabinet.

He said people who speculated that he would resign wanted to damage the government because he oversaw the country’s security and police affairs. 

“If I’m ousted it would affect government stability,” he said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30302277

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-17

16 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

I don't want to see him gone. He is a reliable source of humour with his outlandish outpourings such as this one. He also gives me enjoyment by reminding me of my childhood readings of Wind In the Willows.

Toad of Toad Hall.jpg

He reminds me of Jabba the Hutt from the Star Wars movies. But I can see the toad in him as well.

"You, calling me fat?"

115972.jpg

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said people who speculated that he would resign wanted to damage the government because he oversaw the country’s security and police affairs. 

“If I’m ousted it would affect government stability,” he said.

Well my laugh for the day was late in coming but it was well worth the wait. Mr. irreplaceable speaks out. Yes the old adage applies one can just not make this stuff up. Please someone tell me this is a bad dream and this man is not in a position of power. The country's security part really scares the bejeebers out of me. 

This guy would have to be the biggest B/S artist of all time, even better than most of the PTP , a yearly report card would say handles the truth rather carelessly and has been caught out,  when you con yourself into your own importance General it is indeed time to leave the building.................................:bah:

2 hours ago, chainarong said:

This guy would have to be the biggest B/S artist of all time, even better than most of the PTP , a yearly report card would say handles the truth rather carelessly and has been caught out,  when you con yourself into your own importance General it is indeed time to leave the building.................................:bah:

I really wish he comes here to TV regularly. Or at least if its once and only once let it be today to view the truth that may bring him back down to earth. Or at least a little bit closer than his vertically challenged 160cm. What a total self absorbed bafoon.

DaveE13

Ooh listen to him Mr so important

The country would fall apart

He is the Deputy Prime Minister, of course he is important, who are you? Armchair critics remarks are so unjustified when they are not accompanied by statements of wisdom or at least a reason for posting flippant remarks. Your comment is juvenile.

This Thailand Government is making outstanding contributions to restoring the Country from the 20 years of of neglect by con politicians who have fleeced the Nation for their own gains.

The old guard still has to be dealt with. An Administrator of new political party office here in Udon boasted to me earlier this year that the old parties uses to take 40% of this Provinces Government budget for themselves, but, he said that his new party is not corrupt because they are only going to take 4% of the budget for themselves. He also promised my wife 1M baht when his party is elected (even though at present he is broke).

DaveE13, this interim Government is really trying to improve the situation, please give them their due respect and support for the sake of Thailand's future and the future of all expats. There are too many negative and cynical minds on TV that are breeding Thai hated towards expatriates. I've lived here for 28 years , the early expats were a lot more positive and supportive of Thailand as a whole, we lived here in harmony with Thai people for years before the wave of new negative expats flooded into Thailand over the past 15 years.

27 minutes ago, nonghan said:

DaveE13

He is the Deputy Prime Minister, of course he is important, who are you? Armchair critics remarks are so unjustified when they are not accompanied by statements of wisdom or at least a reason for posting flippant remarks. Your comment is juvenile.

This Thailand Government is making outstanding contributions to restoring the Country from the 20 years of of neglect by con politicians who have fleeced the Nation for their own gains.

The old guard still has to be dealt with. An Administrator of new political party office here in Udon boasted to me earlier this year that the old parties uses to take 40% of this Provinces Government budget for themselves, but, he said that his new party is not corrupt because they are only going to take 4% of the budget for themselves. He also promised my wife 1M baht when his party is elected (even though at present he is broke).

DaveE13, this interim Government is really trying to improve the situation, please give them their due respect and support for the sake of Thailand's future and the future of all expats. There are too many negative and cynical minds on TV that are breeding Thai hated towards expatriates. I've lived here for 28 years , the early expats were a lot more positive and supportive of Thailand as a whole, we lived here in harmony with Thai people for years before the wave of new negative expats flooded into Thailand over the past 15 years.

And who you? Couldn't give two f.  What you think.  You don't know me or how long I've been coming here. Him and his junta pals. Where havd they served their countries?  Northern Ireland? Afghan.Iraq?  Where their millions come from? what you ever done mr nobody?

I'm not the only one on here laughing at this fool. So go away with your 28 years and two post and I have never bashed Thais I am supportive to my Thai Mrs and her family helping with work on their house and farm.  We all sit and laugh at the bs that this bufoon comes out with regularly its not Thai bashing mate

Edited by DaveE13

2 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Yes,  he's so proud of his leadership of the RTP.  Most respected, effective and trustworthy RTP.  Sheesh! 

Careful my Canadian cousin Mr 28 years will tell you off and we all have to give this buffoon respect

OMG - he has been seconded. Not only an Army General but also a Police General in the tradition of the Keystone Cops? :whistling: The talents of the man are truly awesome. History will not only judge him but also remember him? 

Gotta love a person who can twist the end result to justify his means. A legend in his own lunchtime (or his own mind)?

Edited by lvr181
Moderate

5 hours ago, nonghan said:

DaveE13

He is the Deputy Prime Minister, of course he is important, who are you?

If a gang of criminals hijacks an airplane and calls one of their members co-pilot, I suppose that makes him important since someone needs to fly the plane, but that's only because they refuse to let anyone else do it.

Armchair critics remarks are so unjustified when they are not accompanied by statements of wisdom or at least a reason for posting flippant remarks. Your comment is juvenile.

I see you are new here, so you lack narrative context. Let's just say that Prawit's reputation well-preceeds him. Respect has to be earned, not demanded.

They're destroying the country. They couldn't stand that the country was blossoming and that politicians were raking in the side-money rather than themselves. It's the same lame excuse for every coup. If politicians are corrupt, investigate and prosecute them. If justice is not being done, fight for it. Don't overthrow the democratic system of government that many heroic Thais have shed their blood for, that allows the country to be well-respected internationally and provides it with its brightest future.

The old guard still has to be dealt with.

Because they were more popular and better at running the country?

An Administrator of new political party office here in Udon boasted to me earlier this year that the old parties uses to take 40% of this Provinces Government budget for themselves, but, he said that his new party is not corrupt because they are only going to take 4% of the budget for themselves. He also promised my wife 1M baht when his party is elected (even though at present he is broke).

This is called anecdotal evidence, and its weight is approximately zero in rational argument. It represents a single case, relies on hearsay, and could easily be embellished or fabricated.

DaveE13, this interim Government is really trying to improve the situation, please give them their due respect and support for the sake of Thailand's future and the future of all expats.

How do you claim to know what they are trying to do? What does that even mean? To a keen observer, their actions have been self-serving to an extreme and immensely damaging to the country as a whole.

There are too many negative and cynical minds on TV that are breeding Thai hated towards expatriates.

Nope. The xenophobic right-wing military government is breeding hatred towards foreigners because they can't handle scrutiny and because they need scapegoats to distract people from their own failings.

I've lived here for 28 years , the early expats were a lot more positive and supportive of Thailand as a whole, we lived here in harmony with Thai people for years before the wave of new negative expats flooded into Thailand over the past 15 years.

Perhaps they have become justifiably disillusioned with the country that was once on the path to peace, prosperity, and freedom but has been knocked off that path by paranoid, gun-wielding power-seekers who can't let go of the authoritarian past.

Edited by debate101

Well, the only moment nothing happens to the country while he is absent is if he and his fellow so-important-minions are attending uncheap chartered flights to Honolulu and back. Actually never came clear on that one and the incomplete passenger list was also never, let's say, completed ;-) 

9 hours ago, nonghan said:

DaveE13

I notice a tinge of irony in your post. Its hard to gauge where the irony ends and your true feelings take over. If I go back 15 years I can attest to the fact that things were better everywhere on the planet. I do not sense any big wave of local hatred. If you want to really experience that go to Mexico. Yes we have our share of negative and cynical minds here but there seems lots of counterbalancing positive people here as well. The government truly does supply lots and lots of ammunition for the negatives and the cynicals to the point where it is truly hard for them to pass it up. If the government truly acted in a professional and people caring manner that would surely shut them up.