Merry Christmas to All Thai Visa Members

Johnniey

(These are not my own photos) ...each year the Catholic Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Chantaboon, Chanthaburi City is decorated, illuminated, for Xmas, and becomes quite a tourist attraction here

From the city side, bridge over the Chanthaburi River

tumblr_oi9nj40dQ41r8w5s5o2_1280.jpg

Families...

tumblr_oi9nj40dQ41r8w5s5o4_1280.jpg

Best wishes everyone for the year ahead

From Tha Mai, Chanthaburi

Edited by gomangosteen

3 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

Its a pleasure, thats my son Harry just after we put the tree up in our house in Kabinburi, merry christmas ho ho ho

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It's a great photo. It's a great time for young kids. All mine are older now but they'll still be here and have a lot of fun on Christmas day and Hogmany.

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

To think that Joesph fell for "it's a virgin birth" story!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you don't celebrate Christmas, better go post elsewhere. 

For many, even those who are not religious like me, it is a great traditional time of year when family get together.

7 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

Merry Christmas to all and does anyone know where i can get a Christmas tree in Kalasin?

No idea. have you managed to get christmas crackers as I'm after some? 

Big c

Tesco

?

to spice it up and get my extended family super excited I want to funnel in a few baht into the crackers. 20/50/100 Satang! (joke) and see their eyes light up when they find the cash inside. I'm going for Roast Chicken and some of those chicken borghasse and sausages blankets stuff for meat.

We're buying all the family a piece of clothing. black being the wise choice this year. I want to get them warm jumpers as NE Thailand is pretty cold this time of year. (no joke) so something to wrap em up at night. I need to be careful with alcohol her brother gets over excited her cousin has paranoid delusions if he sniffs coffee and her mom will give her husband the evil eye if he has a taste with me. I'm encouraged to drink for some reason although it's rare i ever do. not really going all out as you can tell but I'm actually excited as none of them have a clue what christmas is apart from the Mrs. just a dinner really and a few crackers.

Can you imagine there faces when one finds 40 baht in a cracker and the other finds 50 etc. do you think they will appreciate it or perhaps wonder why one got more than the other?

Wondering if the foods will be too bland for them too.

Anyway let's see.

Merry Christmas

Edited by Rc2702
Crappy keypad

For many, even those who are not religious like me, it is a great traditional time of year when family get together.

I'll post where I'll bloody well like, aside from my threadbare xmas joke. Yes, Christmas is a nice time, have a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No idea. have you managed to get christmas crackers as I'm after some? 

Big c

Tesco

?

to spice it up and get my extended family super excited I want to funnel in a few baht into the crackers. 20/50/100 Satang! (joke) and see their eyes light up when they find the cash inside. I'm going for Roast Chicken and some of those chicken borghasse and sausages blankets stuff for meat.

We're buying all the family a piece of clothing. black being the wise choice this year. I want to get them warm jumpers as NE Thailand is pretty cold this time of year. (no joke) so something to wrap em up at night. I need to be careful with alcohol her brother gets over excited her cousin has paranoid delusions if he sniffs coffee and her mom will give her husband the evil eye if he has a taste with me. I'm encouraged to drink for some reason although it's rare i ever do. not really going all out as you can tell but I'm actually excited as none of them have a clue what christmas is apart from the Mrs. just a dinner really and a few crackers.

Can you imagine there faces when one finds 40 baht in a cracker and the other finds 50 etc. do you think they will appreciate it or perhaps wonder why one got more than the other?

Wondering if the foods will be too bland for them too.

Anyway let's see.

Merry Christmas

Can't find anything this year. Last year Tesco had the lot. Went looking all around Kalasin last week. Stick a few hot peppers in the sausage.

12 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

Can't find anything this year. Last year Tesco had the lot. Went looking all around Kalasin last week. Stick a few hot peppers in the sausage.

Ok I'll hit the shops today and report in. I saw christmas biscuit tins in big c last week so I'm hoping they got all other trimmings too. feel a KFC coming on.

18 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

How sweet is that, honestly you have made my day.....

Merry Christmas to you and your Family....

Very difficult to make a cynical comment when he posts a picture like that. Devious chap he is, silencing potential critics through the sly use of a kid's happiness.

Hopefully, the kid doesn't get clothes or a dictionary like I did. Yes, seriously, a french english dictionary. I did get hot wheels one year, but never a train set.  For some strange reason I remember always having bacon and french toast on christmas morning.

Edited by geriatrickid

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Very difficult to make a cynical comment when he posts a picture like that. Devious chap he is, silencing potential critics through the sly use of a kid's happiness.

Hopefully, the kid doesn't get clothes or a dictionary like I did. Yes, seriously, a french english dictionary. I did get hot wheels one year, but never a train set.  For some strange reason I remember always having bacon and french toast on christmas morning.

Little did Santa know you'd be writing flawless English one day, which was being read by thousands.

15 hours ago, Johnniey said:

What about those who have no family? Do you recommend that they sit around and look at pics on the internet of happy families? There will be widows who will think of their deceased spouses, divorcees who think of their exes having fun with someone else. Ahh yes, happy times.  

:partytime2:    Ok, I am being a  prat, but  keep a thought for those of us that are alone. I dread having to call in to my family to do the  Christmas call. My sister is going to again ask why I am not there for dinner and that I am not very family focused.    :) 

Edited by geriatrickid

What about those who have no family? Do you recommend that they sit around and look at pics on the internet of happy families? There will be widows who will think of their deceased spouses, divorcees who think of their exes having fun with someone else. Ahh yes, happy times.  
:partytime2:    Ok, I am being a  prat, but  keep a thought for those of us that are alone. I dread having to call in to my family to do the  Christmas call. My sister is going to again ask why I am not there for dinner and that I am not very family focused.    :) 

Christmas being a celebration of the birth of Jesus can inspire everyone, especially those who are troubled. It's a reminder he is here to help those in need that they are not alone.

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Sounds like you chose to be alone.

I know many who chose to leave their families to come to Thailand. Should I allow them to dictate whether I wish the rest of the members a Merry Christmas or not? They don't have to read the thread. 

I know some people will be alone and that might be sad. My father died this year and it was particularly important that we chipped in to get my mother to be here with her grandkids. Like, I said, Christmas is a time for family to get together.

6 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Christmas being a celebration of the birth of Jesus can inspire everyone, especially those who are troubled. It's a reminder he is here to help those in need that they are not alone.

I suspect he is trolling a bit but well said. 

There are many who are not religious, like me, who understand the charity that comes at this time of year, especially for alcoholics, drug addicts, and even the sex addicts in Pattaya are catered for.

san.jpg

Edited by Johnniey

When I was still in USA, if I was spending Christmas by myself, I had a 50 liter pot and bought 2 large whole smoked hams -- I cooked them in water the day before and then trimmed them and stuck them in the oven with a glaze on Christmas day. Then I brought the hams to a place that was having a free Christmas dinner for those who otherwise would not have a Christmas dinner. Enough ham for about 100 persons. Then I didn't care what I did the rest of the day but I felt pretty good.

Edited by JLCrab

.....From Our House to Yours.....

Wishing You .....

Merry Christmas & A Happy and Prosperous + Healthy New Year.....

Cheer & Goodwill
                     To  All

8Bhz5QBAhohDZfm7nJho6ffAydOdd9z8AYGsVEXUP4YYRnGwwSWId41lZCAoYDmdGpJCpWW3VoLteXogjfWS29p2ytrFDqH6tSyK=w402-h366-nc.gif