Advising Immigration when changing visa type

I have changed my visa from a marriage/spouse visa to a retirement visa - I did this while visiting my Thai partners family in another province.  Our home address is in Chiang Mai.

I was told by a friend that I should tell my landlord (we rent a condo) and give them a copy of my new visa as its their responsibility to inform immigration of changes to foreigners visas. Does anyone know that this is correct or will immigration just notice my new visa type when I next do my 90 day reporting? Hope this makes sense - thank you in advance

There is no such thing as a marriage/spouse or retirement Visa.

What type of extension of permission to stay you have has absolutely 

nothing to do with your landlord or anyone else but you, and of course

immigration, who are the only people who can issue such an extension.

I believe you would have to change your extension type at the immigration

office that it was first issued at but there are more knowledgeable people

on here than me on this subject, try obonjoe?

...I was told by a friend that I should tell my landlord (we rent a condo) and give them a copy of my new visa as its their responsibility to inform immigration of changes to foreigners visas. Does anyone know that this is correct or will immigration just notice my new visa type when I next do my 90 day reporting? Hope this makes sense - thank you in advance

Your landlord, ie the person from whom you are renting the condo, has no such responsibility.

If your landlord has been submitting the TM.30 form to immigration to notify your arrival at the condo in the past and will continue to do so in future he will need a copy of your passport's ID page and the pages with the visa and your latest permission to stay (arrival stamp or extension of stay) whenever you arrive at the condo after an absence of more than 24 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

To clarify I changed my extension to stay based on the fact that I am married to a Thai and now have an extension of stay based on retirement. I did this while I was away from my home address (the condo). So if I have got this right after reading what Maestro said then I do have to give my landlord a copy of my new extension to stay as they do submit TM.30

Thank you guys

24 minutes ago, YaiYing said:

To clarify I changed my extension to stay based on the fact that I am married to a Thai and now have an extension of stay based on retirement. I did this while I was away from my home address (the condo). So if I have got this right after reading what Maestro said then I do have to give my landlord a copy of my new extension to stay as they do submit TM.30

Thank you guys

Not sure how you were able to apply for an extension at another office without changing your address to there.

You will probably have to change your address back to Chiang Mai in order to do 90 day reports there.

Same for the TM30 report. If your landlord has to submit copies of your passport they will need a copy ot your new extension stamp.