Two Malaysians arrested in Thailand over drugs haul: Report

webfact

Two Malaysians arrested in Thailand over drugs haul: Report

BANGKOK - Thai authorities have arrested two Malaysian men and seized almost 100kg of heroin and "crystal" methamphetamine that were found in their possession, when they were stopped at a checkpoint in southern Thailand last week, Malaysia's Bernama news agency reported on Sunday (Dec 18).

The two men, aged 44 and 46, had been travelling from Bangkok en route to Hatyai when they were busted with the drugs which were found in their car at a checkpoint in southern Chumphon province last Sunday morning (Dec 11).

Major General Dusadee Choosankij, acting chief of Thailand's Narcotics Suppression Division, said the two Malaysians had been contracted to bring the drugs worth millions to an unidentified person in Hatyai. Authorities believe the package was then to be transported across the border to Penang, from where it would be sent to a third country.

Full story: http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/two-malaysians-arrested-in-thailand-over-drugs-haul-report

-- THE STRAITS TIMES 2016-12-19

19 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Ehh  not  good  enough  to try  get  the  drugs  directly from  their home  country, how  very

Muslim  of  them,    They are  from  Malaysia, Yes?  Just glad that  they  were caught

Geezer

What does religion have to do with this? You do realise there are non-Muslims in Malaysia, don't you?

I do know  that all Malaysians  are  not  Muslim  just  as  not  all  Thais  are  Buddhist,

and  I also  know  that  all Canadians were  not  born  in Canada,  We  even  have  dual-

citizen Canadians who  have  went  to fight with ISIL  and  are  back  in  Canada  living

as Canadians  again.  So  I  guess  I am  a  racist,  or  a Christian loving  Christian.

Do  you  know  that even  15  years ago  when  I  was  in  Hat  Yai  even  our

Buddhist  taxi  driver  disguised  himself  as  a  Muslim  just  so  he  could  earn

a  living  there.  But  yes   I  guess I  am  racist,  and  you  of  course  are  not,  well....

at  least  not  today.  Must  be  nice  to  be   a purist!

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Ehh  not  good  enough  to try  get  the  drugs  directly from  their home  country, how  very

Muslim  of  them,    They are  from  Malaysia, Yes?  Just glad that  they  were caught

Geezer

If they dodge the death penalty I hope they are fed Pork n Beans forever n ever in the Bkk Hilton.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I do know  that all Malaysians  are  not  Muslim  just  as  not  all  Thais  are  Buddhist,

and  I also  know  that  all Canadians were  not  born  in Canada,  We  even  have  dual-

citizen Canadians who  have  went  to fight with ISIL  and  are  back  in  Canada  living

as Canadians  again.  So  I  guess  I am  a  racist,  or  a Christian loving  Christian.

Do  you  know  that even  15  years ago  when  I  was  in  Hat  Yai  even  our

Buddhist  taxi  driver  disguised  himself  as  a  Muslim  just  so  he  could  earn

a  living  there.  But  yes   I  guess I  am  racist,  and  you  of  course  are  not,  well....

at  least  not  today.  Must  be  nice  to  be   a purist!

Geezer

I never accused you of being racist.

I just don't your point about bringing in religion, unless you are supposing that the caught smugglers were Muslim as they are Malaysians? I would be willing to wager that they are more likely to be Chinese than Malays.

Do you realise that the majority of Malaysians who go to Hat Yai are actually non Muslims? They go to partake in the delights on offer, which incidentally are also offered by non Muslims.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

If they are the  same two "Top Anti-Drug" Malaysian  police officers who were caught with a suitcase full of drugs going into another Asian (BRUNEI) country last year.   No worries, the Malaysian government will take over again and buy them out.

Mistake. They were top Indonesian anti drug  police , released back to their jobs by Malaysia.

Edited by oldsailor35

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Edited by oldsailor35