Yingluck urges Thais to give rices as new year gifts

webfact

20 minutes ago, joebrown said:

Yingluck suggests give rice as a New Year gift. I  can imagine Prayut's grimace on reading this! I have a feeling he wished he'd thought of this idea before her.

Actually they did:

But YL is obviously a better promoter of the idea ;)

Anyway, it is an ineffective  idea in a country where having dinner is called "eat rice". It will not make Thai people eat more rice.

Rice and rices to affordable prices rise to raising prices and lead to surprising prizes for the best rices. But the raising prices of rices do not necessarily have to arise just because of the price of the rices is priceless.

A prize should be awarded to the rices' queen Yingflagg who surprises people with rices and prizes between all the different prices for rices between sunrises.

After raising the question what I should buy for my rice-farming mom and dad in law, I'll surprise them with some priceless rices. 

Everybody should buy rices as surprises for others, regardless of the prices of the rices. :post-4641-1156693976:

20 hours ago, JAG said:

Oh I dont think she has a brilliant political mind, but I don't think she is stupid either. I certainly don't dismiss her as a vacuous airhead.

She may lack the chiselled manly features of the current pair of one time lean mean steely eyed dealers of death, but she is certainly aging well. I wouldn't climb over her to get to you, which probably comes as a tremendous relief to both of us!

:smile:

Strange, I though I remembered you saying what a great PM she was and how she was playing such a clever game. Memory must be going or perhaps you were teasing again, you little devil. :smile:

She looks in better physical shape than the vast majority of politicians - and not just in Thailand! As to ability, we'll never really know because she's the Nong and does as told. But based on those TV interviews, well not stupid, but not exactly a deep thinker. Loved to have seen her on Hard Talk with Stephen Thackur!

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Strange, I though I remembered you saying what a great PM she was and how she was playing such a clever game. Memory must be going or perhaps you were teasing again, you little devil. :smile:

She looks in better physical shape than the vast majority of politicians - and not just in Thailand! As to ability, we'll never really know because she's the Nong and does as told. But based on those TV interviews, well not stupid, but not exactly a deep thinker. Loved to have seen her on Hard Talk with Stephen Thackur!

I don't think I said that she was a great PM. I have maintained that she handled the whole business of Sutheps threats and the yellow protests well. She responded to his bullying and sordid abuse (which frankly should have shamed the entire political establishment ) with grace and patience,  and in particular she avoided wholesale violence and bloodshed. Her response to those protests,  calling a general election was absolutely right, and I think quite courageous.  We will leave aside why the election was trashed for another time.

Whilst in power she remained popular in the country, and seems to have been well received internationally. 

She remains a popular political figure, perhaps part of that is her attractive personality and her ability to emphasise with her followers, a quality which is in short supply in the current regime wouldn't you say? She is aware of that, and I suspect she has political ambition,  and is keeping herself in the political foreground quite cleverly, probably to serve that ambition.

As for "Hard Talk", I'm not a great fan of Thackur and his abrasive genre. The programme relies, as it's title suggests, on both interviewer and interviewees adopting a confrontational approach. I suggest that she wouldn't (couldn't) react, so after the first couple of minutes such an interview would just become embarrassing for the BBC. It would just look like she was being set up to fall. Maybe that's what some wanted when they wished she had gone on it. Incidentally, can you imagine the present incumbent, or his sidekick on that programme?

So no, not a great PM, but quite a good one. Not well served by some of her colleagues, or her brother for that matter. She remains a popular political figure, and I might go so far as to say probably the best hope on the current political landscape if Thailand is to find a way out of its present confrontational impasse and wishes to achieve any meaningful political reconciliation. 

Oh, and bizarrely,  I think she is probably the least corrupt of the current major players!

On 12/19/2016 at 1:35 PM, lostinisaan said:

Fake monks and fake farmers, plus fake goods and fake orgasms. 

The hub of fake...................

If I were Yingluck I'd keep my dirty fingers away from any rice. 

Add fake prime ministers, and to boot, fake first female PM. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I don't think I said that she was a great PM. I have maintained that she handled the whole business of Sutheps threats and the yellow protests well. She responded to his bullying and sordid abuse (which frankly should have shamed the entire political establishment ) with grace and patience,  and in particular she avoided wholesale violence and bloodshed. Her response to those protests,  calling a general election was absolutely right, and I think quite courageous.  We will leave aside why the election was trashed for another time.

Whilst in power she remained popular in the country, and seems to have been well received internationally. 

She remains a popular political figure, perhaps part of that is her attractive personality and her ability to emphasise with her followers, a quality which is in short supply in the current regime wouldn't you say? She is aware of that, and I suspect she has political ambition,  and is keeping herself in the political foreground quite cleverly, probably to serve that ambition.

As for "Hard Talk", I'm not a great fan of Thackur and his abrasive genre. The programme relies, as it's title suggests, on both interviewer and interviewees adopting a confrontational approach. I suggest that she wouldn't (couldn't) react, so after the first couple of minutes such an interview would just become embarrassing for the BBC. It would just look like she was being set up to fall. Maybe that's what some wanted when they wished she had gone on it. Incidentally, can you imagine the present incumbent, or his sidekick on that programme?

So no, not a great PM, but quite a good one. Not well served by some of her colleagues, or her brother for that matter. She remains a popular political figure, and I might go so far as to say probably the best hope on the current political landscape if Thailand is to find a way out of its present confrontational impasse and wishes to achieve any meaningful political reconciliation. 

Oh, and bizarrely,  I think she is probably the least corrupt of the current major players!

Just one problem - you mention / claim that she made many policies and many decisions.

I very much doubt that she made any decisions or formulated policies about anything except planning her shopping trips. 

Well if everybody gave rice as a gift what the point of giving gifts, might as well just buy ones own, or if everybody received rice as a gifts they may not have to buy rice for a long time and may well be giving some of what they have received this year as gifts next year.

Lets put it another way, try giving the MIL a sack of rice as a gift and not end up in the dog house.:tongue:

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just one problem - you mention / claim that she made many policies and many decisions.

I very much doubt that she made any decisions or formulated policies about anything except planning her shopping trips. 

Did I?

I've just reread both my posts in this thread, and I can't see where I said anything like that. I think your imagination is rather getting the better of you.

But never mind, at least you managed to get in a crack about shopping trips. Well done, do you feel better for that?

13 hours ago, JAG said:

A Thaksin stooge willing to mindlessly follow his orders and allow him to formulate policy is not only the best hope politically, but also the least corrupt? So why not cut out the middle and invite Thaksin back to plunder the nation?

He's had 2 attempts at the rice scam, perhaps on the next attempt he'll get it right. Oh sorry, we shouldn't mention that vote-buying debacle when discussing a "good" PM.

A very rice lady in deed?

Ok someone had to say it.

What will she be remember for? First female prime minister of Thailand or the puppet who took can for the biggest Thai scam?

Edited by MaiChai
typo

What a joke. The Takin's one of the richest families in Thailand and the world want the poor people to give hard earned money that she profits from. why she not give Thai's more than the paltry amount she gives for publicity photo shoots????????????????????????????? What a joke and a same 

On 12/21/2016 at 6:37 AM, MaiChai said:

A very rice lady in deed?

Ok someone had to say it.

What will she be remember for? First female prime minister of Thailand or the puppet who took can for the biggest Thai scam?

She is gorgeous.. a babe