Versys and CM workshop.

Kwasaki

I guess it's a bit of a rant but l would like to know if there's any Kawasaki workshops with a good reputation by big bike owners who have had trouble with main engine problems and got them back with the problem solved.

If not,  is there any recommended places known by big bikers for work carried out by someone who knows what they are doing. 

I always raved on about CM workshop but now very disappointed,  they said and l thought so too my oil consumption problem would be solved by the recall of valve & valve guide change or check but it's using oil just the same..

By my reckoning l wonder whether there are any experienced mechanical engineers working there that know more than servicing and plugging into computers.  :sad:

There was one here on the forum a few years back that had his En6 engine self destruct (con rod though the engine block) and if I recall correctly outside warranty.

He still got a whole new engine for free.

I hope you get your Versys sorted, my mk3 spins like a cat (well as much as a twin can spin, he-he) and don't use any oil.

16 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I hope you get your Versys sorted, my mk3 spins like a cat (well as much as a twin can spin, he-he) and don't use any oil.

Yeah mine did too for 4 years and was great until CM messed with it & the valve recall scenario. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 3:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

Got onto Kawasaki head office Admin about my 2011 bike and got a good response and my Versys probs are being looked into.

Just thought anyone owning not new kwacka's would like to know they are are not ignored.  :thumbsup:

Maybe some here interested so just an update from Kwacka head office admin.

A tech guy telephone me and is arranging for the bike engine head to be taken off again and check if CM have done anything to the valves.

I ask him before the removal work to do a compression check which wasn't done at CM.

The tech guy seems to know what could be wrong and mentioned many parts,  before l could say more he said his delivering all engine parts, gaskets & seals etc that maybe needed including piston oil rings which l thought maybe a problem in one of the cylinders.  

Looks promising so just waiting for go ahead.  :thumbsup:

Good to hear Kawa head office Thailand don't leave you behind but try helping you.

I noticed that sometimes at the different brand workshops, bikes/cars bring in a tec when it's too hard for the locals to fix. Well this is a relatively simple mechanical job to do, but many of those local tecs can only do scheduled service and nothing much else.  

13 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Good to hear Kawa head office Thailand don't leave you behind but try helping you.

I noticed that sometimes at the different brand workshops, bikes/cars bring in a tec when it's too hard for the locals to fix. Well this is a relatively simple mechanical job to do, but many of those local tecs can only do scheduled service and nothing much else.  

Yeah agree,  the tech guy sounded confident that the Nakhon Sawan workshop has the ability to find the problem and carry out the work.

I've just check and seen there is a noticeable lost in coolant which has never happen before.

I've been to Nakhon Sawan workshop before and had an oil leak fixed under warranty l had to go twice because they had to order a part, it's been OK though since.

Update for those interested in Kwacka bike repairs if you need em. :whistling:

Versys delivered to Nakhon Sawan workshop Thursday 12th at 2.30pm.

They said we will start straight away so you can take it back. !!!!  :shock1:

I said so if it needs new valve & guides, oil seals and you find there's something wrong with piston rings as well you'll do all that before you close.

" Can you leave the bike with us "  was the reply,  :laugh:  phew l thought. :biggrin:

No reports back as yet.

20 hours ago, canthai55 said:

What did they say is causing the corrosion ?

Yeah thanks for your interest, l'm gonna email Admin and ask them.

l would very much like to know that myself,  CM kwacka's workshop made no mention of this,  just said valves OK. :sick:

There are 40 parts being replaced including gaskets etc.

I've given Nackered Swan workshop the go-ahead to fix my nackered Versys. :biggrin:

l did email Admin saying l was very disappointed with the amount of damage in an engine with less than 28,000 kilos to say the least.

Parts repairing list for Mr.Derek.jpg

Edited by Kwasaki

On 1/18/2017 at 1:55 PM, canthai55 said:

What did they say is causing the corrosion ?

They don't really know is about all l can get.

I think they mean erosion of the valve surface which has 2 reason as far as l know.

Valves are of poor quality.

Ecu fueling not calibrated correctly.

Maybe crappy fuel dunno, I'm beginning think l'm just unlucky because other Versys owners don't seem to be having the same trouble as me.

The 2 cylinder bores are good and the compression test they carried out before splitting the engine was within parameters.

l'm just thinking it'll be good to be getting a near enough new engine for the money.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Further - it is BS that they are charging you for the parts. 28,000 km is SFA. Bad on their part. The valves are for sure defective - poor batch of steel maybe. They should pay 100%

Yeah l have express that to Bangkok Kawasaki Admin but unless all Versys bike owners in Thailand get onto Bangkok Kawasaki Admin l have no chance,  l will request some kind of warranty though. 

Thanks for your support fellow biker. :thumbsup:

On 1/21/2017 at 5:34 PM, canthai55 said:

Further - it is BS that they are charging you for the parts. 28,000 km is SFA. Bad on their part. The valves are for sure defective - poor batch of steel maybe. They should pay 100%

I forgot to give my previous thoughts on my 1st quote to you.

Was gutted yes and didn't pay for any valve work at CM kwacka's, will never take it there again.

Admin have been very helpful with my complaint as have Nak Swan workshop.

When the report as posted came,  l thought if l kick up a big fuss along with demands they could just clean up plugs and pistons,  just put new oil piston rings,  clean up the valves and just re-bed them,  just adjust cam chain tensioner instead replacing the complete assembly.

With reservations after 5 & 1/2 years 13,000 baht for new parts fitted ain't that bad l guess.

20 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Kwakers my Chum took the cat exhaust of was told by Kwakers Nacers Phitsanulok will do his big bike in future

Don't know who they are,  maybe OK for servicing if he can't do it himself but would advise him to check with Kawasaki head office admin first. :thumbsup:

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/en/contact

They will tell him " where to go " so to speak. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Big Kwakers in N/wan where he bought it from said after July he had no need to go back to them for service,he's disappointed it's not the case apparently,ill pop in if I still up here this week,supposed to be a posh new place

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well the showroom will be a good giveaway.:biggrin: