Pick-up truck burnt to a crisp in Phuket

snoop1130

Pick-up truck burnt to a crisp in Phuket

Winai Sarot

1_2016121916307402_LXNbsudrUmNbgSRwtecXo

PHUKET:-- Two minor explosions rocked Thalang this morning when a pick-up truck caught fire in the southbound lane of Thepkrasattri Road.

The vehicle was burnt to a crisp with an estimated 600,000 baht in losses incurred. The driver of the vehicle escaped unharmed mere moments before the flames erupted.

“The blue Toyota Vigo belonged to 34-year-old Wichai Buasri, who was on his way to Phuket Town from Pa Khlok,” said Sen Sgt Maj Suthee Maneesing of Thalang Police. “After passing by Heroines’ Monument he saw smoke coming from under the hood. He parked it on the roadside and exited the vehicle. Two explosions were followed by fire at about 11am.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Pickup-truck-burnt-a-crisp-Phuket/66012?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-19

I had one catch on fire once. 
I borrowed my neighbor's pickup, which had been sitting for a few months. 
Turned out a mouse family had built a nest in the carb, and when I was going down a hill, the old engine backfired and caught the mouse nest on fire, which burnt thru the vacuum lines, and, well, there were flames, and it was scary. 

My mechanic fixed the whole deal for a few bucks. 

Just saying. 
It can happen. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

There are pickups with petrol/gasoline engine.

There are pickups with modifications for LPG/NGV gas.

The article does not give details.

They write about a Toyota Vigo. I don't know if they are sold in Thailand with gasoline. I only driven them in diesel version. But they exists with gasoline engins.

Edited by Foexie