Russia’s ambassador to Turkey assassinated, gunman ‘neutralised’

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

As a Turk, I am very sickened and very angry at how Turkey has become an almost failed state under this Islamofascist regime.

When will the majority of my countrymen and also the majority of the West realise that there cannot be peace in Turkey and the region if Erdogan/AKP remains in power ?!

Enough is enough. Not only has AKP been supporting various jihadi groups in the region but it has also been directly or indirectly guilty in the massacres of dozens of Kurds and leftist Turks. Dozens of innocent politicians as well as journalists have been in jail for months. Local media has become a propaganda tool of AKP to a large degree, for a very long time now.

It is time for the West to seriously consider various sanctions against this Islamofascist regime. Military and also some banking/financial sanctions might be a good start !

Will Putin teach this horrible regime a big lesson soon ?!  I can only hope but early reactions don't give much hope.

Erdogan has been getting away with his crimes every time. I seriously doubt he will ever face justice. Mugabe comes to my mind, by the way. Well, even if Erdogan's reign doesn't last as long as Mugabe's, even 1 or 2 more years of Erdogan will sadly probably make Turkey a totally failed state, on the point of no return to democracy or decency.

I think most of the west would agree with you but the western leaders can't afford to say so publicly. 

1 hour ago, TimTang said:

I agree is was a CIA operation, false-flag is just how it's started. The US sent in agitators for the Arab-spring uprising and many Syrians didn't know who these people were. Sending in foreign fighters is not what I would consider a civil war. These invaders had one thing in common, they were all Sunni. Of coarse local Sunni's would most likely jump on the band wagon. Why was Syria relatively stable until the US dumped 'freedom fighters' into the country?

Assad isn't the most pleasant person in the world and after his father died he inherited a job he didn't even want (his dead brother had been groomed for it), but he's not as bad as most Middle Eastern dictators. I think it would be better if he stays. What do you think?

Thanks for the link. I gave it a quick skim but I read it in more depth later.

Please provide a credible link saying the Syrian civil war was a CIA operation.  Credible only.

5 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

From Time magazine 2006 :

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1571751,00.html

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Nothing about the CIA there, and for sure not the size of an operation to cause the civil war there. LOL

From the article, which is from 2006.  A long time before the Arab Spring uprisings.

"This is apparently an effort to gin up the Syrian opposition under the rubric of 'democracy promotion' and 'election monitoring,' but it's really just an attempt to pressure the Syrian government" into doing what the U.S. wants. That would include blocking Syria's border with Iraq so insurgents do not cross into Iraq to kill U.S. troops; ending funding of Hizballah and interference in Lebanese politics; and cooperating with the U.N. in the investigation of the assassination of Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri. Senior Syrian government officials are considered prime suspects in Hariri case.

Great leader.  Doesn't sound like one any Western nation would support.  Right?

32 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Please provide a credible link saying the Syrian civil war was a CIA operation.  Credible only.

I'm sure you're well aware that the CIA covers their tracks very well, it's part of their business. We can only surmise what they are doing. Here's another clue:

33 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Nothing about the CIA there, and for sure not the size of an operation to cause the civil war there. LOL

From the article, which is from 2006.  A long time before the Arab Spring uprisings.

Great leader.  Doesn't sound like one any Western nation would support.  Right?

Like Erdogan?

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You have a very narrow view of what's going on in Syria.  False flag operation?  Really? LOL  I thought it was a CIA op. LOL

Worth a read:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators

If most Syrian's wanted to keep Assad, there'd be no civil war.  Terrorists, probably, but no rebels against Assad.

So if some Democrats decided to rebel against Trump and his government, and Russia, Turkey, the EU and NATO supported those rebels, you'd have no problems?

7 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes. Why should American diplomats be the only ones having to watch their backs?   Quite a few people p'ed off at Russia in that part of the world at the moment.  Welcome to the jungle Vladimir.

Ah but Vladimir will be safe and so will his billions of dollars.

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So if some Democrats decided to rebel against Trump and his government, and Russia, Turkey, the EU and NATO supported those rebels, you'd have no problems?

I've always said ALL foreign forces should leave Syria.  Russia included.  Invitation or not.

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Hard to say what Trump will do now.  He's turned his back on soooo many of his campaign promises. :sad:

Yes. I doubt he'll turn his back on any "financial" deal that will be available to him and his darling family. His wealth is going to skyrocket. Oh but how will anyone know, because he's too afraid/corrupt to make his tax returns available. He's "special" and he's above the law?

Yes. I doubt he'll turn his back on any "financial" deal that will be available to him and his darling family. His wealth is going to skyrocket. Oh but how will anyone know, because he's too afraid/corrupt to make his tax returns available. He's "special" and he's above the law?

Why should he, or anyone release their tax returns to the public? He files his taxes with the IRS, and they determine if things are sufficient or not. The release of presidential candidate tax returns was started by Richard Nixon when he was Vice President in an attempt to goad his and Eisenhower' opponents negatively. There is no law or any other requirement that he, or anyone, make their tax returns public.

10 hours ago, manarak said:

the connection is quite clear,  "Allahu Akbar", his "brothers" were killed in Aleppo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/video-shows-assassin-shouting-after-shooting-russian-ambassador-watch-a7485216.html

as the killer is (was?) a policeman - I wonder if the followers of the Gülen movement would be as likely to commit such a crime?

A little more insight into it all.

https://youtu.be/sVlBZml7k_U

31 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

Why should he, or anyone release their tax returns to the public? He files his taxes with the IRS, and they determine if things are sufficient or not. The release of presidential candidate tax returns was started by Richard Nixon when he was Vice President in an attempt to paint the opponents negatively.

Exactly! This guy seems to think Trump sits up late a night trying to figure a way to cheat on his taxes thus making him BAD. The reality is he has an entire staff of highly paid accountants that take care of everything. If I was that rich I'd do the same thing. Obama's wealth has gone up by about 10 million since he's been president but that's because he's been moon-lighting as a Pizza delivery boy for Domino's on his nights off. Of coarse he doesn't find anything suspicious about that because TRUMP IS EVIL.

Selftaopath: I'm sure there's some sort of path happening there. Just not sure if it's PSYCHO or SOCIO.

Edited by TimTang

the connection is quite clear,  "Allahu Akbar", his "brothers" were killed in Aleppo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/video-shows-assassin-shouting-after-shooting-russian-ambassador-watch-a7485216.html

as the killer is (was?) a policeman - I wonder if the followers of the Gülen movement would be as likely to commit such a crime?

Please note that the gunman was given all the time to make his speech.

The assassination of the ambassador was made live. The killing of the gunman not. Although 2 cameras were pointed from different angle to the main scene.

Apparently he knew that he would be killed, but he constantly walks into the corner of the exposition room. Which makes me think that he wasn't sure of what he just did. Furthermore he didn't reload his gun...

9 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Then comes the next question... why did a Turkish man die in Aleppo if he were not fighting against the Syrian government and their supporters Russia?!

It's like US now talking about "attacking" Russia for involvement in the leaking of the Clinton emails while US with NSA and CIA are cyber-attacking Russia, China, Germany, UK, France and so on everyday trying to get information... only difference was that Russia or whoever hacked the Democratic parties servers put it out to the world to see and not like NSA/CIA keeping it so that they can blackmail and extort people in the future!

Basically this come down to the mentality that "I shoot you as a revenge for that you shoot my friend while he was shooting at you" or "I retaliate on you because you retaliated on me for attacking you"...

I think the "brothers" thing wasn't literal, more like sharing the same faith, ideology etc. Doesn't even mean Turkish.

So no, it's not "like". And the US did not talk about "attacking" Russia. And Russia did not hack and release information because of its concern with transparency in US politics. Russia had information and chose to use it. This is pretty much what you claim the US aims to do "in the future".

4 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Please note that the gunman was given all the time to make his speech.

The assassination of the ambassador was made live. The killing of the gunman not. Although 2 cameras were pointed from different angle to the main scene.

Apparently he knew that he would be killed, but he constantly walks into the corner of the exposition room. Which makes me think that he wasn't sure of what he just did. Furthermore he didn't reload his gun...

Because people usually act in a calm and reasonable manner in such situations? He was probably half in shock himself.

8 hours ago, Credo said:

This will be the end of Putin.   His own little Benghazi and we know how testy some folks got about that.   

Hardly. Putin is not subject to anything resembling US checks and balances. If anything, he will use this to leverage his position, abroad and domestically.

3 hours ago, TimTang said:

I read the link and I think it's a pretty accurate description of how Assad f*&k'd up. In his defense he was trying to maintain stability in his own country because he thought he was NEXT on the US hit list. As we have seen he was 3rd behind Libya and Egypt. He made some serious mistakes allowing the Muslim Brotherhood back into his country but I don't believe the people of Syria should have been slaughtered for it. Trying to keep Syria a secular state made it one of the few countries in the Middle East where various religions co-existed side by side in harmony. That's not such a bad thing. I think all foreign entities should get out and let the Syrians live in peace. Assad should be left in place and let the citizens decide what happens next. They have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Assad's forces are doing quite a bit of the slaughtering of them Syrian citizens. Unless one believes all those opposing him are foreigners, or that all casualties are caused by parties other than Assad's forces. To be clear, that would include support by Russian, Iranian and Hezbollah forces.

5 hours ago, TimTang said:

The Arab Spring was a fake false-flag operation by the Obama administration to create an excuse to take out Assad.

Complete and utter nonsense. The Arab Spring was a genuine uprising that spread across the Gulf countries and is still reverberating today in many of them, to a greater or lesser degree.

In Syria it started when State security forces in Dara'a arrested and tortured some kids who mimicked some anti-government graffiti they'd seen on television from other Arab Spring countries: "The people want the fall of the regime". In the resulting protests, they opened fire on protestors, killing some of them, and the rage of decades of oppression came spilling out all over Syria, just like it had everywhere else. It was just fomented under Assad; his father had decades of arrests, torture and murder under his belt.

This was a genuine civil uprising, and there was a chance to end it there and then, as in Tunisia, if the leader had departed.

But he already had Iranian backing, the conflict got more violent, and when the UN attempted to intervene, Putin and China veto'ed any chance of timely action.

The US had nothing to do with it up to that point. Weapons were eventually funneled to the Syrian people to defend themselves from Assad's attacks. Unfortunately, lots of weapons were also funneled to Assad by Russia and Iran, and it blew up into a full on civil war, which left wide swathes of the country ungovernable, and ripe for takeover by IS and AQ.

Whatever happens now it will not end peacefully unless Assad and his government are ousted. Even if he wins and quells the rebellion, there will be unrest and probably anti-regime terrorism in Syria for the rest of his reign.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Anonymous blogs are "credible". Welcome to the post fact era.

I don't doubt that the US were helping out the opposition; they've had an anti-Iranian foreign policy since 1979 after all.

But to blame the Arab Spring on Obama is yet more right wing looney tunes.

Just now, Chicog said:

I don't doubt that the US were helping out the opposition; they've had an anti-Iranian foreign policy since 1979 after all.

But to blame the Arab Spring on Obama is yet more right wing looney tunes.

Indeed.

Can also add that even supposedly contrived uprisings usually need some actual discontent in order to materialize.

so sad, unbelievable. No way Turkish government can escape its involvement, how can a duty cover police agent carries out such an act? Who detailed him at the first place? What sort of security do they provide to such VIP diplomats, especially on such a crucial time?