Trump cruises to Electoral College victory despite protests

webfact

9 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Well that depends...the Republicans are already split on several of issues. It would not take much to get a majority with the Democrats and some of the Republicans. Who knows what impeachable offences are waiting on the horizon such as being "accused of using his position to do business with a foreign government."

Trump may have just committed an impeachable offense

https://usuncut.com/politics/trump-may-just-committed-impeachable-offense/

Oh, I am not a leftist or a rightist or what have you. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents and others. I always vote for the person not the party. I have not been fooled by this con-man...not one bit. I can see through his reality TV persona to the truly narcissistic person he really is. Too bad he fooled too many people (and still continues to fool them).

You are so smart you can see right through Trump, but cannot see the greatest political cons of our time, the Clintons?

What you really can't see is that a vast swath of fooled America did not elect Donald Trump, what they did do is not elect another Clinton.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Well that depends...the Republicans are already split on several of issues. It would not take much to get a majority with the Democrats and some of the Republicans. Who knows what impeachable offences are waiting on the horizon such as being "accused of using his position to do business with a foreign government."

Trump may have just committed an impeachable offense

https://usuncut.com/politics/trump-may-just-committed-impeachable-offense/

Oh, I am not a leftist or a rightist or what have you. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents and others. I always vote for the person not the party. I have not been fooled by this con-man...not one bit. I can see through his reality TV persona to the truly narcissistic person he really is. Too bad he fooled too many people (and still continues to fool them).

I am not a party person either, although I normally vote Republican. I personally did not vote for the man partially because of the issues you raised. On most positions I fall into the center right category. We have gotten to the point we are in by electing career politicians that are supposedly knowledgeable on issues, they have not done too well. Give the reality show host a chance, I don't think he can do much worse than the supposedly really smart people have already done.

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

You are so smart you can see right through Trump, but cannot see the greatest political cons of our time, the Clintons?

What you really can't see is that a vast swath of fooled America did not elect Donald Trump, what they did do is not elect another Clinton.

Since the election is over and the electoral college has met there is no longer any need to discuss Clinton (as this is off topic anyway).

Yes, I am smart enough to see through the illegitimate POTUS-elect improper dealings and hopefully enough members of congress will also be able to do so. If he continues his reckless and ignorant behaviors it won't take long before he is up before his "peers" explaining his indiscretions. 

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

Didn't the swamp draining start when the voters elected Republicans to the Presidency, Senate and Congress and got rid of the deadwood from the other side.  It looks like Republicans will still control an all-time high 69 of 99 state legislative chambers, while they'll hold at least 33 governorships, tying a 94-year-old record.  That means that come 2017, they'll have total control of government in at least 25 states, and partial control in 20 states.    :sorry: :post-4641-1156693976:  :wai:

Not bad for a party all the wingnuts around here were unanimously screaming was "dead", eh?   I remember one particularly amusing post from awhile back.  "Hillary to the rescue" it said.   ROFLMAO now.   And one of the more verbose membership going on & on & on about how 2012 when dems lost the House - and then 2014 when they lost the Senate, too - was the "last gasp" of the GOP.   And then in 2016 that was going to be IT, the long-awaited final glorious demise of the GOP.   So THENNNNNN, it's going to be a revolution in the electoral college.   And a flood of letters pour in to electoral college members scrawled according to the officially approved DNC strategy of intimidation and threatened violence.   And what happens?   Now they've got more of their OWN electoral college members jumping ship than the Republicans do!   Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa......

A question for some resident wingnut:    All that screaming about the sanctity of "the popular vote" and the absurdity of the electoral college...  .  Ahhh, so speaking of electoral college members who drank the koolaid and actually DID flip on their state voters' choice, I'm dying to know how many "popular votes" "Faith Spotted Eagle" actually got??  Just curious...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oh wait.  I get it.  All that noise applied only to Republicans, right?  Dems, as always, have their own rules. 

Edited by hawker9000

19 minutes ago, Silurian said:
29 minutes ago, rabas said:

Since the election is over and the electoral college has met there is no longer any need to discuss Clinton (as this is off topic anyway).

Yes, I am smart enough to see through the illegitimate POTUS-elect improper dealings and hopefully enough members of congress will also be able to do so. If he continues his reckless and ignorant behaviors it won't take long before he is up before his "peers" explaining his indiscretions. 

The topic is how Donald Trump cruised to and electoral victory, increased his formidable electoral lead over Clinton, and why.

Although talking about Clinton may be painful now, I assure you the discussion will live in infamy  as historians study the bullet the world just missed.

The story is bigger than the US and its politicians, it's about people controlling their destiny in an ever increasingly complex world.

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

President-elect Donald Trump’s chief of staff Reince Priebus said it best Sunday: “People didn’t like the product, that’s why Hillary Clinton lost.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/jaclyn_cashman/2016/12/cashman_beware_loser_libs_attempt_to_rewrite_history

Shock. Horror. Boon Mee woefully out of touch? You didn't hear that HRC won nearly three million votes more than donald?

Seems that Prince Reince is still competing with Bannon for the position of Court Jester and remains with his head firmly ensconced in his posterior.

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

Not bad for a party all the wingnuts around here were unanimously screaming was "dead", eh?   I remember one particularly amusing post from awhile back.  "Hillary to the rescue" it said.   ROFLMAO now.   And one of the more verbose membership going on & on & on about how 2012 when dems lost the House - and then 2014 when they lost the Senate, too - was the "last gasp" of the GOP.   And then in 2016 that was going to be IT, the long-awaited final glorious demise of the GOP.   So THENNNNNN, it's going to be a revolution in the electoral college.   And a flood of letters pour in to electoral college members scrawled according to the officially approved DNC strategy of intimidation and threatened violence.   And what happens?   Now they've got more of their OWN electoral college members jumping ship than the Republicans do!   Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa......

A question for some resident wingnut:    All that screaming about the sanctity of "the popular vote" and the absurdity of the electoral college...  .  Ahhh, so speaking of electoral college members who drank the koolaid and actually DID flip on their state voters' choice, I'm dying to know how many "popular votes" "Faith Spotted Eagle" actually got??  Just curious...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oh wait.  I get it.  All that noise applied only to Republicans, right?  Dems, as always, have their own rules. 

Spot on.  They're now up to impeaching the President-Elect.  Can you believe how many times these sooks cry in their porridge.  They whinge about a divided country, it's a shame they don't look in the mirror but even then they would deny the hate that they can see written across their face. 

Just look at the morons on CNN, they're still denigrating Mr Trump; bringing on all the left wing losers who got it so wrong, so they can give each other a pat on the back for agreeing with each other.  Shows how smart Mr Trump is, used Twitter to by pass the fools and they still cant see why they lost. 

Watch Germany next year and Australia, with the rise of the One Nation Party.  The leader, Pauline Hanson, was illegally gaoled about 20 years ago, brought about through collusion of the two major parties, and since her release has been promoting ideas similar to that which Mr Trump used in his campaign and election.  It is a movement that is happening world wide and the sooner we get rid of the lefties, globalisation and their PC agendas, the better.:wai:

On 12/19/2016 at 5:49 PM, Jingthing said:

I see. Bill Clinton who is now irrelevant said that Trump knows how to get angry white men to vote for him.

Show me those angry white men. They're all happy now.  :smile:

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am not a party person either, although I normally vote Republican. I personally did not vote for the man partially because of the issues you raised. On most positions I fall into the center right category. We have gotten to the point we are in by electing career politicians that are supposedly knowledgeable on issues, they have not done too well. Give the reality show host a chance, I don't think he can do much worse than the supposedly really smart people have already done.

That's a really good point. We tend to look to career politicians to solve our problems while forgetting that they caused them in the first place.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, NeverSure said:

The Three stages of grief:

1.  November 8, 2016. #NotMyPresident

2.  December 19, 2016. #NeverMyPresident

3.  January 20, 2017.    #OMGImBeingDeported.

Typical thinking...if you disagree with the Presidential choice then you will be deported. What a way to keep the country divided.

20 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Typical thinking...if you disagree with the Presidential choice then you will be deported. What a way to keep the country divided.

It's that fascist mentality again of so many trumpists. It's no wonder that so many civilized Americans, that correctly HATE FASCISM, are deeply worried about the ascension of the orange clown president. 

I want to add that the effort to influence the electors was rather pathetic and I don't think very many ANTI-trumpists, including me, really thought it had any chance of success. 

ANTI-trumpists are going to have to get used to many years of defeats at the hands of this "populist" (read racist, isolationist, regressive, barbaric) wave that the trumpists have spewed forth. Hopefully, the nation gets through this to the other side and is still a democracy by then, but I really wouldn't bet on it. 

Edited by Jingthing

The man was awarded the right to attempt to run the country.  Nothing anyone can do or say will prevent that. 

News Actors seeking ratings are fueling the fire.

Me. I have hopes. Way more than I did eight years ago. I also can show where I paid more taxes the last eight years. Versus with the previous GWB administration. 

Like I have written time after time. I'm anxiously waiting to see if, The USA can be run more profitable.  

Sure not required.  But speculation that leans on great negativity.  Never accomplishs much. Just the opposite most of the time. The man is reaching across the Isle. As for me. I like having friends,  conservative and liberal. It's sad that nowadays it's harder and harder to have that. 

55 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The man was awarded the right to attempt to run the country.  Nothing anyone can do or say will prevent that. 

News Actors seeking ratings are fueling the fire.

Me. I have hopes. Way more than I did eight years ago. I also can show where I paid more taxes the last eight years. Versus with the previous GWB administration. 

Like I have written time after time. I'm anxiously waiting to see if, The USA can be run more profitable.  

At least you're being optimistic and giving the guy a go, more than can be said for some of those with opposing views and using the cloak of anonymity on TVF.  I was wondering what to the call those putting on the comedy show each day that they call news, you have done well, News Actors, very apt given their performances but none of them would ever qualify for an award, other than the one of being "A legend on their own mind."  :wai:

Sure not required.  But speculation that leans on great negativity.  Never accomplishs much. Just the opposite most of the time. The man is reaching across the Isle. As for me. I like having friends,  conservative and liberal. It's sad that nowadays it's harder and harder to have that. 
He is not reaching. His picks are mostly horrific and extremist. He is massively divisive. His tactics are McCarthy like. You're on his fascist train or you're un-American.

5 hours ago, NeverSure said:

The Three stages of grief:

1.  November 8, 2016. #NotMyPresident

2.  December 19, 2016. #NeverMyPresident

3.  January 20, 2017.    #OMGImBeingDeported.

555555 but where can we send the loonie lefties who are American - oh wait there here LOL

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's that fascist mentality again of so many trumpists. It's no wonder that so many civilized Americans, that correctly HATE FASCISM, are deeply worried about the ascension of the orange clown president. 

I want to add that the effort to influence the electors was rather pathetic and I don't think very many ANTI-trumpists, including me, really thought it had any chance of success. 

ANTI-trumpists are going to have to get used to many years of defeats at the hands of this "populist" (read racist, isolationist, regressive, barbaric) wave that the trumpists have spewed forth. Hopefully, the nation gets through this to the other side and is still a democracy by then, but I really wouldn't bet on it. 

If you actually understood the meaning of the word, Fascist, you would know that cannot happen in the US. Better Trump than the crooked, corrupt Hillary. You apparently think that the Clintons deserved to get rich for their pay for play corruption and the looting of a supposed charity foundation. She said they were broke and in debt when they left the White House but managed to accumulate 250 million dollars. Where do you suppose that money came from? Use some common sense rather than indulge in your bitter hatred. The wisdom of our founding fathers prevented a further disaster. RIP Clintons, may they fade away forever. 

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

At least you're being optimistic and giving the guy a go, more than can be said for some of those with opposing views and using the cloak of anonymity on TVF.  I was wondering what to the call those putting on the comedy show each day that they call news, you have done well, News Actors, very apt given their performances but none of them would ever qualify for an award, other than the one of being "A legend on their own mind."  :wai:

So you will be publishing your name and contact details then?

Clearly you don't like Australian television news anchors. I wonder if you know how television news works? From your comments it would not appear so. I have watched some very remarkable reports by ABC and SBS journalists. But of course, as usual we get no detail, no facts, nothing to actually demonstrate anything - just generalized, predictable and boring anti-left rants.

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

If you actually understood the meaning of the word, Fascist, you would know that cannot happen in the US. Better Trump than the crooked, corrupt Hillary. You apparently think that the Clintons deserved to get rich for their pay for play corruption and the looting of a supposed charity foundation. She said they were broke and in debt when they left the White House but managed to accumulate 250 million dollars. Where do you suppose that money came from? Use some common sense rather than indulge in your bitter hatred. The wisdom of our founding fathers prevented a further disaster. RIP Clintons, may they fade away forever. 

Perhaps you might enlighten us why fascism cannot happen in America? Or do we just accept your blanket statements as fact? Then you may wish to provide some hint at the connection your draw between fascism and Clinton's revenue streams.

This shotgun spread of predictable talking points does not have anything to do with the issues to which you are supposedly responding. Someone mentions fascism, you pop up with HRC. Someone mentions Alt Right. You pop up with HRC. Someone mentions Trump's manifest unfitness for the Presidency. You pop up with HRC.

Made you the first person almost since the beginning of this site that made it to my ignore list. 
Your pedantic way finally scratched me in the wrong place.
When you do,  hopefully depart here. I hope you fulfill your desires in finding a true cheap place to live stateside. 
I hope you survive it.

Sorry. I don't know who you are. Never made an impression. Bye anyway.

For people that don't understand why so many decent Americans are so very concerned about the con man becoming president, perhaps this will enlighten :

From link - -
"Trump is set to undermine much of what Americans take for granted in their government and in their public life. And this matters. Not just because of what it looks like but because—in breaching the norms of governance—Trump threatens the very basis of American democracy. "

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/12/trump_is_undermining_the_things_you_take_for_granted_in_government_and_public.html

43 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Perhaps you might enlighten us why fascism cannot happen in America? Or do we just accept your blanket statements as fact? Then you may wish to provide some hint at the connection your draw between fascism and Clinton's revenue streams.

This shotgun spread of predictable talking points does not have anything to do with the issues to which you are supposedly responding. Someone mentions fascism, you pop up with HRC. Someone mentions Alt Right. You pop up with HRC. Someone mentions Trump's manifest unfitness for the Presidency. You pop up with HRC.

Do you actually believe that one man, Donald Trump, could override the entire congress? Why do I mention HRC? She is the reason Trump was elected, so I think it is closely related. Who else can you blame for the election results? Do you think that ridiculous  far left views are good for the country? You may not like Trump but you should have some respect for the office.

1 hour ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Clearly you don't like Australian television news anchors. I wonder if you know how television news works? From your comments it would not appear so. I have watched some very remarkable reports by ABC and SBS journalists. But of course, as usual we get no detail, no facts, nothing to actually demonstrate anything - just generalized, predictable and boring anti-left rants.

Same thing can easily be said about the left, and their anti-right rants. 

Then add in some real low-blow personal level insults coming from the extreme left.

50 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

I'd suggest that you stop going off topic, this has nothing to do with Australian TV or whom I like or dislike.:wai:

Were all fascists.  We voted for Trump. We're un-American. We worked. Payed taxes. Even with some of us who have lived here for decades. We worked. Saved for a comfortable retirement.  

We got fed up with free stuff for nothing. Got fed up being told our place in the world needs to be brought down to a level unfair level.

Well the system spoke. We were able to wake up. Vote correct.  

So when Trump succeeds.  who will really benefit? The slackers. The ones looking to be mollycodeled. The ones who could have worked and saved. But decided to put blind trust into a system that was doomed to one day collapse.

HRC deserves prison. She is the plug of the Swamp.

Expanding on why trump is a threat to democracy, and, yes, fascist.

How Republics End

Many people are reacting to the rise of Trumpism and nativist movements in Europe by reading history — specifically, the history of the 1930s. And they are right to do so. It takes willful blindness not to see the parallels between the rise of fascism and our current political nightmare.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/opinion/how-republics-end.html?_r=0

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Expanding on why trump is a threat to democracy, and, yes, fascist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/opinion/how-republics-end.html?_r=0

So-far-left-it-falls-off-the-map sensationalist opinion piece with barely anything in it resembling truth or fact & the author barely writes anything other than Trump & Republican hate mail. 

Authors other liberal rants

Other than liberal feel-good scribbles, nothing in there resembling a shred of insight. Rather watch grass grow, or paint dry, than to read that. 

Sorry but geez. 

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

Do you actually believe that one man, Donald Trump, could override the entire congress? Why do I mention HRC? She is the reason Trump was elected, so I think it is closely related. Who else can you blame for the election results? Do you think that ridiculous  far left views are good for the country? You may not like Trump but you should have some respect for the office.

You do not seem to grasp the concept of opposition. Instead you lecture others on 'respecting the office'. Wha a quaint concept. Did you get this from your Grade School Civics textbook? Protest and opposition is something that is actually guaranteed in the Constitution or should everyone stay silent so they 'respect the office'. I think that the anti-Trump opposition will demonstrate as much respect for the office as Trump showed by leading the Birther movement to de-legitimize President Obama. Your admonishment on this is an over-reach in sanctimony.

Do I believe that 'ridiculous far left views are good for the country'? How does one answer this? What are the 'views' to which you refer? What is your criteria for evaluating the 'goodness' of their impact? If you expect your words to be taken seriously, it might be useful for you to have some meaning in what you say instead of the hot air that you seem to be blowing.

Is HRC to blame for the election result? Not in the sense that you mean i.e. the mere fact of being a woman who has been smeared for four decades by a political opposition. As the face of her election campaign, then perhaps. The Democrat's assumption about the Blue Wall and the mistake in not identifying the secret Trump voter could be laid at her feet but others were also involved. In any case, there is no relationship between fascism and HRC and it is in the context of fascism that you made the comment.

Congress is your argument for the protection of the US from fascism? Since you took a dig at another poster on the interpretation of the word fascist, I find your conflation of various concepts such as autocrat, strong man, Dictator with the term fascism somewhat superficial. The poster to whom you responded has repeatedly posted about dangerous tendencies towards a fascist model. It might be wise to take your own advice and understand the elements of fascism including the belligerent nationalism, racism, corporatism and attempts to suppress opposition views and voices that are characteristic of donald and his gang's style.

I doubt we will have many further exchanges. I do not think you are equipped to voice anything more than just generalized, stereotyped political rant that operates around the 4th Grade level. Just like practically all th others on TVF on that side.