Adjustable regulator needed for cooker

Brightonman

I recently bougt a cheap cooker/oven/stove from Lazada. It came without a regulator. I tried lighting the oven with a handheld electric sparker (as the oven is not auto spark although the burners are).

However, it kept blowing out and because it is not auto spark the thing filled with gas! It seems a very dangerous device and because I live in Bangkok most of the time I think it is too late to return it.

So I think it needs an adjustable regulator so I can turn down the pressure.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these in Pattaya. I need to cook my Christmas dinner so need it ASAP.

I have seen some online but no prices.

4 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Also have a look in Thai Watsadu. They seem to sell all the bits needed to actually make a gas cooker yourself

There's one on the Suk next to the Phoenix International School

The new house is in Theprasit Road so we often go to Thai Watsadu. I will have to take another look. Thanks :-)

Any shop selling bottled gas should also sell regulators. A standard one is around the 300 Baht mark. I use the shop by the traffic lights on Third Road/Soi 17. What kind of hose are you using? It should be a proper LPG hose, but the Thais seem happy to take any old plastic hose from their old washing machine or whatever and hook it up to the cooker. Safety #1!

Still a bit confused here. How did the OP hook up the oven to the gas bottle without a regulator in the first place? There's no matching connections between a gas appliance input and a gas bottle output?

If the OP is on Theprasit, the best one-stop all things gas shop for Jomtien is on the same street about 200m from the Pratumnak traffic lights, on the north side (right heading towards the sea). Called.... Jomtien Gas.

jomtien_gas.jpg