Buying Pattaya Condo Under 1 Million Baht

burgerking

On 12/21/2016 at 11:09 AM, dotpoom said:

I needed a base in Pattaya , a sort of "crash pad"  instead of travelling back and forth from my house in Bang Saray (and myself and the Mrs. are  having some problems). I bought a 40 Sq. Mtr. pad for 600,000 in Pattaya central. It's about 6 minutes walk from Big C  Extra, Pattaya Klang. Perfect for me, I'm getting tired of driving here in Thailand, either car or motorbike and now I can walk everywhere. It's rough and ready looking from the outside and probably put many people off, but you can work away to your hearts desire and make your unit as beautiful and comfortable as you like. It was just a shell when I moved in. I painted it over,  brought all my family pics, bits and pieces I had collected on my travels  from the house and punched holes everywhere in the walls and made the place my home from home.

You see, when a place stands you as little as this you're not too worried about making it "your own"...really putting your own stamp on it. I even changed my address at Soi 5 to here.

The people that live here can only be described as the "Salt of the Earth". no "airs and graces" about them,  Farangs and Thais, motorbike taxi drivers and school teachers, bar girls (and men I presume) for me, that's one of it's main attractions (I mean the people not the barmen 555). I also have a condo in a sort of "Posh" building that I rent but would much prefer to live where I am now.

'She who must be obeyed" now lives in the house and I am as happy as a 'pig in s - - -"  here.

I intend to buy another condo in this building when I sell either the house or the other condo so

forgive me for not mentioning the name of the project (don't want to get crushed in the stampede 555").

Suffice to say I actually did mention it already so it's up to the Sherlock Holmes's among you to spot it.

Cheers all from this "Happy Chappie".

Same situation here. I am happy to buy smaller condos where I like to stay sometimes and rent the bigger that I own. Did you buy a second unit at Nirun ?

It must be weird for many but I have no interest in big house and condos, I am only addicted to big German cars.

i would just airbnb it monthly when u want to go down. thats what i did. great places for 15-20k a month and just enjoy the view, pool etc. dont even have to worry about cleaning it when u leave.

if u get tired of it just book a new unit.

if you really need to by and just have the place sit vacant its on u. bad idea.
a million baht is not much, just enough to for a nice car so peanuts for a condo

problem with air bnb is crappy furnishings , concrete mattress, thread bare towels and rubbish linen

I would furnish a holiday condo like my own in bangkok. plush mattress, 55 inch TV, lazy boy recliners, rich cotton sheets and towels etc. I so it's a pleasure to stay there
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

a million baht is not much, just enough to for a nice car so peanuts for a condo

problem with air bnb is crappy furnishings , concrete mattress, thread bare towels and rubbish linen

I would furnish a holiday condo like my own in bangkok. plush mattress, 55 inch TV, lazy boy recliners, rich cotton sheets and towels etc. I so it's a pleasure to stay there

no, 1mb get you the most basic ugly car. A nice car costs 5 mb at least and it comes from Germany !

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Same situation here. I am happy to buy smaller condos where I like to stay sometimes and rent the bigger that I own. Did you buy a second unit at Nirun ?

It must be weird for many but I have no interest in big house and condos, I am only addicted to big German cars.

Condo in Thailand =investment.

German car in Thailand =dumb expensive hobby

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Condo in Thailand =investment.

German car in Thailand =dumb expensive hobby

Yes but we cannot keep buying condos, it's time consuming to rent them, and I have too many already.

Just need one new small for a young girl who deserve to live for free somewhere :-)

• 5 months later...
On 20/12/2016 at 5:25 PM, balo said:

Nirun is really bad , you get what you pay for but still I would avoid that sxxxhole .   

If you want cheap I can recommend Pattaya condotel in Sukhumvit 59 on the other side of the road , still not dark side , you can walk to Foodland / Big C central rd.  Prices for units start from 400 k and up to 1 mill. Even a big swimming pool there. 

I have not seen better than this as far as value for money with good location.  38sqm corner room 45?? Giant pool.

5000 baht yearly fee.

manager in bldg C. Does a brilliant job.  Overdue are controlled.  Bad things.. No gym. Tennis Courts on roof buggered. Of course old looking but not the worst in town. 

Average price 750k for nice room 

• Like 1