Wife sentenced to death for murder of husband given bail

webfact

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A few other felons were told exactly the same thing.

Where are they now ? Not here.

May have been with others but I doubt with her being so beautiful she could hide/work anywhere in this "small world" for long.

Even with fake passports the timing of increased International security is against her successfully doing a flit?

And what a miserable life-in-hiding it would be but,  what frame of mind is she in at the  moment to even contemplate it?

If they take her life or give a long prison sentence she hasn't got much to look forward to  whichever way she turns eh?

Whatever the reason she murdered, in the mean time she's unlikely to be a risk to the public , or wherever she hides if she runs, unless she's cornered somewhere and  resorts to protecting her identity.

So may if's and no doubt this will be closely followed by many.

1 hour ago, doremifasol said:

He threaten to kill his wife, all her family, and even his own children .

He was described as an hallucinating and paranoid man.

Full story here

http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/376593/

Just saw this post and read the full story and can now understand and    almost    sympathise that it happened.    

If she really was responsible for his death, it may not have been long before it was the other way around. She was in an almost inescapable situation with him at home.

A sentence has been pronounced and so surely an appeal is pending?    

Almost an ongoing terrifying scenario compared to the also-beautiful farm lady whose would-be rapist was knifed by her on his first and last attempt.   She had lots of sympathy in those TVN posts.    

Beauty is irrelevant, I'm just referring/identifying  to that case.

Edited by Jing Joe
bit left out
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jadee said:

Beyond crazy that someone given the death sentence should be granted bail. This must be unprecedented in legal history. 

They did the same to some police officers a couple of years ago. but then you'd expect that...... There was no follow-up in the media about what happened next, of course.

7 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

The Thai legal system wants to be seen as having meted out justice by sentencing her to death for a murder that she clearly arranged.  At the same time, they don't really want to execute her, perhaps because they sympathize with her due to her having been abused by her husband, or perhaps because she is somewhat attractive.  So this is a Thai-style face-saving way of avoiding executing her - by basically inviting her to run away.  And it doesn't hurt that they will also get to pocket a million baht when she absconds.  Everyone wins - well, except for the guy who was murdered.

Based on the limited facts it appears that the husband was not an innocent victim. Out on bail for domestic violence. Being an Olympic sharp shooter was he threatening to shoot his wife? Was it a case of do unto others before they do unto you? Who knows? In my opinion, its just another instance of a failed Thai legal system.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Found guilty, sentenced to death and given bail????????

Next report: jumped bail and left country.

Followed shortly by lawyer demanding return of 1 Million Baht bail money.

This is one of the reasons why Thailand is an amazing country.

• Like 1

Thailand: trendsetters in liberal criminal justice system.

Coming next: get paid while you're in jail; get a BMW for going to jail; all jails to be upgraded to 7 star hotels, prisoners check in and out at will.

Thai nationals ONLY.

Edited by Keesters

9 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

She has become overnight shooting star!

She has big connection ? And i am wondering how a person with death sentence is given bail ?

No where in the world it can happen. Only in Thailand.

This might give you a clue

"

Pol Lt Col Rathawit Saenthaweesuk, an Anti-Human Trafficking Division inspector, yesterday dismissed reports he had an affair with Dr Nitiwadee and wanted to steal Jakkrit's valuables.

A letter written by Jakkrit, leaked to the public yesterday, suggested Pol Lt Col Rathawit (who has changed his first name from Kraiwit) wanted to take his valuables. Jakkrit had sent this letter to a phuyai (respected senior figure).

Pol Lt Col Rathawit said he had known Dr Nitiwadee for six years, and she sought his advice on every issue."

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Based on the limited facts it appears that the husband was not an innocent victim. Out on bail for domestic violence. Being an Olympic sharp shooter was he threatening to shoot his wife? Was it a case of do unto others before they do unto you? Who knows? In my opinion, its just another instance of a failed Thai legal system.  

I'll add something to the limited facts just to stir the pot a little.

"Police plan to summon Dr Nithiwadee Phucharoenyos, the wife of murdered sportsman Jakkrit Panichpatikum, to interrogate her over a complaint her late husband filed before his murder, claiming that she had stolen valuables from his safety deposit at Kasiko

Police investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Isara Na Phatthalung said Jakkrit’s father, Manop, who has taken his son’s place as plaintiff in the case, met police officers on Tuesday and agreed to provide more details about the Bt60 million in valuables – mostly Buddha amulets – that had disappeared from the safe-deposit. Police will then summon Nithiwadee for further questioning, Isara explained."

The above was from a Nation news report in November 2013.

Another possible motive to get rid of him?

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep. Noticed that, though regarding a post I read and replied to, quite appropriate. 

Lol

piblic toilets... flushing... but put the dirty, germ covered, smelly, unhygienic ass wipe paper in a trash can beside the loo.... 

more comedic reading for my entertainment... I'll have to check that thread

12 hours ago, djayz said:

I am speechless... 

Sentenced to death but not a flight risk?!?!? I don't see her going back to her "place of work" for the remaining days/weeks of her life. Who would? 

Am I on planet Mars or what? 

I really should drink more before reading the news. 

Planet Thailand.

I'm there now. 

Everything normal today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jing Joe said:

Just saw this post and read the full story and can now understand and    almost    sympathise that it happened.    

If she really was responsible for his death, it may not have been long before it was the other way around. She was in an almost inescapable situation with him at home.

A sentence has been pronounced and so surely an appeal is pending?    

Almost an ongoing terrifying scenario compared to the also-beautiful farm lady whose would-be rapist was knifed by her on his first and last attempt.   She had lots of sympathy in those TVN posts.    

Beauty is irrelevant, I'm just referring/identifying  to that case.

Correct.Posters here always make the mistake of judging Thailand by the standards of where they came from.If you are going to do that,in some countries she may have got off.In my old home she may have got 5 years and out in 2 with good behaviour.This is just a Thai way of taking all things into consideration.Maybe Thai law does not allow for murder/manslaughter under duress from domestic violence,i don't know.This is just a Thai way of reflecting what really happened and showing some empathy for the wife.

• Like 2

I have to admit, that as a person who frequently has a go at the "Thai Bashers".....this one has left me speechless. How can the "system" be expected to defend this action. It's not as if it was a situation where new evidence has come to light (that would have been mentioned surely). I'll say no more.

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

This might give you a clue

"

Pol Lt Col Rathawit Saenthaweesuk, an Anti-Human Trafficking Division inspector, yesterday dismissed reports he had an affair with Dr Nitiwadee and wanted to steal Jakkrit's valuables.

A letter written by Jakkrit, leaked to the public yesterday, suggested Pol Lt Col Rathawit (who has changed his first name from Kraiwit) wanted to take his valuables. Jakkrit had sent this letter to a phuyai (respected senior figure).

Pol Lt Col Rathawit said he had known Dr Nitiwadee for six years, and she sought his advice on every issue."

Seeking protection.Understandable.

20 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Planet Thailand.

I'm there now. 

Everything normal today.

At least your comment made me smile. 

Maybe falang "thing too muth".