French Embassy Still Advising "20 Day Overstay" Ok

Pi Sua

French Embassy in Bangkok still advising "20 day overstay" no problem !

The UPDATED information in green are right.

The UPDATED information in red especially the "20 day overstay tolerated" is completly wrong and deeply alarming .... especially after reading Georges' last pot "Crack-down On Overstay In Koh Samui, MEMBER REPORT" and Chris Hill's posts.

http://www.ambafrance-th.org/

then "Vivre et voyager en thailande"

Then " visas court séjour"

This is what you can NOW read on the website of the French Embassy.

Ce séjour peut être étendu de sept à dix jours, pour un montant de 1.900 bahts, au bureau de l'immigration. Seule condition : la validité du passeport doit-être de plus de trois mois à l'arrivée en Thaïlande.

On peut également quitter le territoire et revenir pour bénéficier d'une autre autorisation de 30 jours. En cas de dépassement de la durée accordée par le visa, une amende de 200 bahts par jour de dépassement (avec un maximum toléré de 20 jours)est à régler au guichet Overstays au contrôle des passeports à l'aéroport.

Visa touristique

Le visa touristique donne droit à un séjour de 60 jours.

Pièces demandées : un passeport valide six mois minimum à partir de la demande de visa, trois photos et un formulaire à remplir. Le coût de ce visa est de 1.000 bahts. Ce visa pourra être prorogé de 30 jours. Les pièces suivantes sont demandées : une photo, une copie du passeport et les frais de 1.900 bahts.

Is there anybody to suggest or give any advice to make them change their way to correct this everlasting "mistake" ?

And please, before I felt being in trial and so I was, so I would greatly appreciate if things go in a different way this time. The cheater is not me but the French embassy and most of you should recognize that in this TRT Era it's more than a quite dangerous advice!

French Embassy in Bangkok still advising "20 day overstay" no problem !

The UPDATED information in green are right.

The UPDATED information in red especially the "20 day overstay tolerated" is completly wrong and deeply alarming .... especially after reading Georges' last pot "Crack-down On Overstay In Koh Samui, MEMBER REPORT" and Chris Hill's posts.

http://www.ambafrance-th.org/

then "Vivre et voyager en thailande"

Then " visas court séjour"

This is what you can NOW read on the website of the French Embassy.

Ce séjour peut être étendu de sept à dix jours, pour un montant de 1.900 bahts, au bureau de l'immigration. Seule condition : la validité du passeport doit-être de plus de trois mois à l'arrivée en Thaïlande.

On peut également quitter le territoire et revenir pour bénéficier d'une autre autorisation de 30 jours. En cas de dépassement de la durée accordée par le visa, une amende de 200 bahts par jour de dépassement (avec un maximum toléré de 20 jours)est à régler au guichet Overstays au contrôle des passeports à l'aéroport.

Visa touristique

Le visa touristique donne droit à un séjour de 60 jours.

Pièces demandées : un passeport valide six mois minimum à partir de la demande de visa, trois photos et un formulaire à remplir. Le coût de ce visa est de 1.000 bahts. Ce visa pourra être prorogé de 30 jours. Les pièces suivantes sont demandées : une photo, une copie du passeport et les frais de 1.900 bahts.

Is there anybody to suggest or give any advice to make them change their way to correct this everlasting "mistake" ?

And please, before I felt being in trial and so I was, so I would greatly appreciate if things go in a different way this time. The cheater is not me but the French embassy and most of you should recognize that in this TRT Era it's more than a quite dangerous advice!

overstay? sure why not. who cares? just pay late charge. no biggy

frenchFARANGbkk:Ashamed to be french, really.

Why do you say this? Are you trying to please anyone?

Don't you realize that there are so many people on this board who are more than willing to jump on this?

True; the error of the French Embassy should be corrected.

Go see them. Dreass neatly. Be polite. Tell them.

All in all, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

frenchFARANGbkk:Ashamed to be french, really.

Why do you say this? Are you trying to please anyone?

Don't you realize that there are so many people on this board who are more than willing to jump on this?

True; the error of the French Embassy should be corrected.

Go see them. Dreass neatly. Be polite. Tell them.

All in all, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Speak with these as*h*oles ??? NEVER AGAIN!!!

I know they already received hundreds of emails trying to explain them...

Why are you speaking about something it seems you know nothing about?