Ping Pong Show: Prayuth loses his balls in Wednesday's workout

webfact

Ping Pong Show: Prayuth loses his balls in Wednesday's workout

By Coconuts Bangkok

ping_pong_header.jpg

Sadly, Thai prime minister isn’t great with ping pong. Photo: Royal Thai Government

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha lost all three ping pong matches against government staff and press. The matches were the highlight of this week’s Wednesday Workout at Government House.

The weekly exercise session, which has been forced on civil workers as a campaign to encourage Thais to work out, got a little more exciting when table tennis matches were introduced yesterday.

It all started as usual. Prayuth showed up in all-black workout clothes and joined his staff in aerobic exercise on the lawn in front of Thai Khu Fah Building, under the guidance of officers from the Sports Authority of Thailand, for 15 minutes.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/22/ping-pong-show-prayuth-loses-his-balls-wednesdays-workout

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-12-23

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

It all started as usual. Prayuth showed up in all-black workout clothes and joined his staff in aerobic exercise on the lawn in front of Thai Khu Fah Building, under the guidance of officers from the Sports Authority of Thailand, for 15 minutes.

15 minutes?

That's it?

That's the weekly workout? 

I say all credit to him for setting an example. Living here in Thailand for 25 years, I've seen the average Thai grow from being worryingly skinny and undernourished to more than a little bit pompui mostly thanks to CP Group and the like. At least it focused the issue.

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

15 minutes?

That's it?

That's the weekly workout? 

I must be missing something (a common occurrence) but where does it say that he only put in 15 minutes for the week ? I got the muddled impression he played table tennis for 15 minutes. He could have run a marathon an hour later for all we know from the original post.

18 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

I must be missing something (a common occurrence) but where does it say that he only put in 15 minutes for the week ? I got the muddled impression he played table tennis for 15 minutes. He could have run a marathon an hour later for all we know from the original post.

"It all started as usual. Prayuth showed up in all-black workout clothes and joined his staff in aerobic exercise on the lawn in front of Thai Khu Fah Building, under the guidance of officers from the Sports Authority of Thailand, for 15 minutes."

"After that, he demonstrated his table tennis skills against an official from the Culture Ministry, who defeated him in two straight games (2-11 and 3-11). Prayuth then continued getting beaten by a member of the press (7-11).

Following the workouts, Prayuth met with a representative of the Table Tennis Association of Thailand, with whom he has pledged his support and urged the association to continue searching for talented new players, who may go on to represent Thailand in international ping pong competitions, Thai News Bureau reported."

He may well have run a marathon afterwards but as there are no fawning accolades about his running prowess, I'm guessing he didn't. 

Archived