Philippines versus Thailand.....

robertthebruce

And once again a very sad story.

(CNN)A German man has been beheaded by Abu Sayyaf militants in the southern Philippines after a deadline to pay his ransom passed, the Philippine government has said.

A video posted by the Philippines-based Islamist extremist group Abu Sayyaf and distributed by SITE Intelligence Group identifies the man as Jurgen Kantner, who has been held captive since November.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/27/asia/philippines-german-behead-abu-sayyaf/

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Back in AC continue my escape from Songkran.  Flat out for me this place is better then Pattaya.  Many more friendly pretty young girls give GFE.

People much friendlier and prices cheaper for food, booze, ladies. Nice gyms $16 a month.  I played 9 holes of golf for $10. Everyone is yes sir, thank you sir.  It is great.

Also, for any haters no Muslims, Arabs, Indians, no Chinese tours. ( yes Koreans so what)

I have commitments in Thailland.  If I did not, I would move here.

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Back in AC continue my escape from Songkran.  Flat out for me this place is better then Pattaya.  Many more friendly pretty young girls give GFE.

People much friendlier and prices cheaper for food, booze, ladies. Nice gyms $16 a month.  I played 9 holes of golf for $10. Everyone is yes sir, thank you sir.  It is great.

Also, for any haters no Muslims, Arabs, Indians, no Chinese tours. ( yes Koreans so what)

I have commitments in Thailland.  If I did not, I would move here.

Nice gyms in Angeles ?since when.?The angeles gym i know nothing works besides some dumbells and one fan but its aimed at the cashier?

its an pretty depressing town without a beach but Lots of serious pollution not even a single tree.u need to walk over rubbish and mud to arive at their sm mall..nice people and easy visas yes true..farangs go to angeles to drink or shack themself till death whatever comes first.??

36 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nice gyms in Angeles ?since when.?The angeles gym i know nothing works besides some dumbells and one fan but its aimed at the cashier?

its an pretty depressing town without a beach but Lots of serious pollution not even a single tree.u need to walk over rubbish and mud to arive at their sm mall..nice people and easy visas yes true..farangs go to angeles to drink or shack themself till death whatever comes first.??

I forgot to add no Russian either.

Well then I guess you really don't know the place because there is a "gym war" going on here for pricing.  I visited two today both with nice equipment and aircon 800 pesos a month.  So you go to the the clean good smelling beach a lot in Pattaya?  Great, you are one of the few who dares.

Reference the SM mall walk they have totally cleaned all that up and modernized the area no problem walking.  Also,  currently resurfacing  Don Juico all the way to the Friendship turn off.

Guess it has been a while since you visited.

Anyway, I like the place alot.  Many former military here with some great stories.   

Edited by bkk6060

39 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The are plenty of trees on the old airbase grounds - it is like a huge park.  And it is a lot more than Fields Ave these days - but yes it is still the nightlife capital.  As for beach not everyone needs that and they have an expressway to Subic if you really can not live without.  Or drive north to the beaches.  Angeles would also have a better selection of food than most locations - but will never be Thailand in that regard.  

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I forgot to add no Russian either.

Well then I guess you really don't know the place because there is a "gym war" going on here for pricing.  I visited two today both with nice equipment and aircon 800 pesos a month.  So you go to the the clean good smelling beach a lot in Pattaya?  Great, you are one of the few who dares.

Reference the SM mall walk they have totally cleaned all that up and modernized the area no problem walking.  Also,  currently resurfacing  Don Juico all the way to the Friendship turn off.

Guess it has been a while since you visited.

Anyway, I like the place alot.  Many former military here with some great stories.   

I do not mind russians.

yes i like Jomtien beach mostly  for walking for miles along it.Angeles most streets have not even a sidewalk so u walk right in the middle of the pollution of trucks cars and tricycles while bars girls trying to pull u in their karaoke bars.Angeles is exactly the same as it was 15 years ago nothing been improved or spend money on because of the corruption in Angeles.Only a couple 8 story condo block have been added besides that its the exact same poor dump as before.

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The are plenty of trees on the old airbase grounds - it is like a huge park.  And it is a lot more than Fields Ave these days - but yes it is still the nightlife capital.  As for beach not everyone needs that and they have an expressway to Subic if you really can not live without.  Or drive north to the beaches.  Angeles would also have a better selection of food than most locations - but will never be Thailand in that regard.  

I do not like Subic either dead boring village and crap beach.

The PI is just another 3rd world christian nation with rampant crime and proverty. I do not understand why so called christian nations have such proverty, homelessness, and crime. I have relatives who live there went to see them a few years ago, one uncle is the village captian and he had to take a gun to the funeral of a village citizen.