Is wanting to find a girlfriend/wife reason enough to move to Thailand?

calbear09

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

I hear this a lot on here..what exactly is 'western PC BS'? What, they tell you 'piss off' if you treat them like shit? Is that 'western PC BS'...a definition would be nice.

It's the mind set that says sex is special, and men are privileged to be able to merely be in her presence in the hope of a bonk, but before the gates to paradise can be encountered, the man must pay and pay and pay, big time. Then when she decides she can do better, he can be dumped like a piece of used lav paper. Just happened to a good friend of mine- married with a kid together, gave her a really good life style. Then he got dumped and she's going for the big payout. I know that guy really well, and no way he mistreated her.

In the western PC world, women are always perfect and right and dominant, and men are always stupid and wrong and merely to be tolerated. Just look at the tv ads they put on back home. In them, men are always idiots and fools and the women so clever and wonderful. They have been indoctrinating little girls since they could understand language and sit in front of a tv.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Enough with the "don't get involved with a BG" stuff, please. I've had BG girlfriends that were far, far nicer than the western hag from hell that I took up with when I was young and desperate. 

Thai BGs usually aren't crack addicted whores like western street walkers. However, they will take advantage of farang desperation to meet a woman that doesn't treat them like dirt ( like they get treated by women back "home" wherever that is ).

Personally I think it is better to look for a woman who is in a stable job and/or education than to get involved with a woman who is working as a prostitute. 

I must admit I have never met a bar girl who was on crack, but plenty of meth heads. Only 2 nights ago in Sugarbabies a couple of girls high of their faces started kicking off right in front of me.

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Isnt it the German guys turn now ?

When is the Italian guy due over and when will it be your turn next ?

My parting thought.  Who was banging Marylin Monroe before she got to JFK's bed and who was banging her later?

Was JFK a loser was Marylin a slut?

I'm thinking that this must some kind of prank.  If it is you guys "got me."

If it's not it's pretty pathetic. And very weird...

What is a slut? I hate to admit it but my ex farang wife was was a slut. She wasn't even smart enough to charge for it. judging on that basis, you will seldom find an attractive Thai woman who is a slut.

4 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Personally I think it is better to look for a woman who is in a stable job and/or education than to get involved with a woman who is working as a prostitute. 

I must admit I have never met a bar girl who was on crack, but plenty of meth heads. Only 2 nights ago in Sugarbabies a couple of girls high of their faces started kicking off right in front of me.

LOL. My hag from hell had a very good job, was stable and had good education. Didn't stop her from taking me for everything she could.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:17 PM, LannaGuy said:

I wanted to move to Thailand many years before I did and my advice to anyone is stay in 'farangland' and make your money, have you career and get your pension sorted THEN come here 50+

coming here to get a GF is almost suicidal as most of us retire here for fun some do find a wife/GF but why do that when you can have variety?  so stay there, work hard and come here once a year to party until you can retire here permanently. 

Yeah  but  a lot  of  people  do not  live to  old age...   Too many  die  quite  young..  Far better to  live  your  life  as  you want,  than  waiting in the  hope  your going  to  make it to old  age..

thaibeachlovers and NickJ like this

19 hours ago, dogpatch55 said:

In 20 years I'd imagine Thailand as we know it today would be unrecognizable.

Calling them sluts definitely goes to your mind set, and it does not impress me. Bar girls are people too. Plenty of sluts back home, if that is what you consider anyone that has sex with more than one person. Plenty of sluts that have never worked in a barbeer wherever you come from.

I have nothing against paying for sex it's a good hobby but I can't get them out of the room fast enough when it's done. However it's often tinged with sadness when I see harry the hump walking down soi buhkow firmly clutch the hand of a hooker while she is firmly clutching a dozen red roses in the other

There are 2 thought processes going on at this point. One knows they have a new sponsor.. The other thinks she is the one
That my friend is not a gf experience. Or maybe you never had a real girlfriend?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. My hag from hell had a very good job, was stable and had good education. Didn't stop her from taking me for everything she could.

My ex was gorgeous appeared to have a great personality,  from a wealthy family CFO for Mercedes Benz of BKK.  She gutted me like a pig...  Karma is a bitch...:jap:

15 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

We need to face reality . Most educated girls with a job and future have no interest in relationships with felangs .

6 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Yeah  but  a lot  of  people  do not  live to  old age...   Too many  die  quite  young..  Far better to  live  your  life  as  you want,  than  waiting in the  hope  your going  to  make it to old  age..

thaibeachlovers and NickJ like this

In 20 years I'd imagine Thailand as we know it today would be unrecognizable.

I first hit U-Tapao Naval Air Base in 1971 in transit to Vietnam.  The changes are staggering.  Needless to say I prefer the old days.  Thailand began to decline around 1998 IMHO.

To the OP Calbear.  I hope you're getting some insights from all this.  I retired here after 30 years in San Diego.  Tuff place to leave.  I do miss my job, patients and students sometimes.  I was pretty burned out when I left though.  San Diego was the best place to live in the states,  for me anyway.

2 hours ago, mcfish said:

So you have fallen for a total slut. Sorry but that takes zero talent and low self esteem.

Is it really a big deal if she sleeps with other men? It's not like it only last 25 times and then she has to become a nun. Trust me, I know that it doesn't "wear out".

Do you feel that you "own" whatever woman you are going with at any particular time, and she has to be "faithful" to you because you paid for her somehow?

Is it because you believe in "looooove"? Perhaps you want to feel "special" and that she can't "loooove" you and someone else at the same time. Millions of women and men are having it off with other people's partners every day around the world, but the world doesn't end because of that.

It was a big deal in the old days because men wanted to know they weren't passing on their property to someone else's genes. Now it is possible to prove such with science.

I really feel that till humans can stop thinking they own another person we are not going to evolve.

If someone loves a person so much that they never want to have sex with another, great.

Whatever, it's just sex, not ascending to heaven.

BTW, most men either are, or would like to be sluts. It's not just about women.

4 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Your right my X was only interested for 8 years...

I did mean most girls and most men .

I can see from your posts that ,many females absolutely adore you and you are very popular with the ladies and you always have such high class adorable pretty ladies on your arm, I was talking about the rest of us who are not quite as lucky as you are

Is it really a big deal if she sleeps with other men? It's not like it only last 25 times and then she has to become a nun. Trust me, I know that it doesn't "wear out".

Do you feel that you "own" whatever woman you are going with at any particular time, and she has to be "faithful" to you because you paid for her somehow?

Is it because you believe in "looooove"? Perhaps you want to feel "special" and that she can't "loooove" you and someone else at the same time. Millions of women and men are having it off with other people's partners every day around the world, but the world doesn't end because of that.

It was a big deal in the old days because men wanted to know they weren't passing on their property to someone else's genes. Now it is possible to prove such with science.

I really feel that till humans can stop thinking they own another person we are not going to evolve.

If someone loves a person so much that they never want to have sex with another, great.

Sure it's not a big deal until you catch your old uncle getting a 20 dollar BJ from your Thai wife in the toilet at the family BBQ!

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I can see from your posts that ,many females absolutely adore you and you are very popular with the ladies and you always have such high class adorable pretty ladies on your arm, I was talking about the rest of us who are not quite as lucky as you are

If you want to get lucky, you only need to hop on a plane to Bkk, and head to Nana. You will be as lucky as you want to be.

I don't personally believe that most ordinary Thai women seek marriage to a foreigner, despite what you might read. The ladies that do tend to come from poorer less educated backgrounds and/or the 'pay for play' industry. Now if that is not the sort of person you would choose to marry in the US, why on earth would you come to Thailand and seek out the foreign equivalent for a serious lifetime relationship?

I don't think that you've thought this one out carefully ... build a career at home and hang out in places where you are likely to find that type of person you'd be attracted to ... persevere and all will be good. Abandon this Thailand dream that could easily turn into a nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What is it with you man?

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

I don't personally believe that most ordinary Thai women seek marriage to a foreigner, despite what you might read. The ladies that do tend to come from poorer less educated backgrounds and/or the 'pay for play' industry. Now if that is not the sort of person you would choose to marry in the US, why on earth would you come to Thailand and seek out the foreign equivalent for a serious lifetime relationship?

I don't think that you've thought this one out carefully ... build a career at home and hang out in places where you are likely to find that type of person you'd be attracted to ... persevere and all will be good. Abandon this Thailand dream that could easily turn into a nightmare. 

I don't think it's that big a deal, unless he really wants to get married. If that is a priority, stay home. There is as much chance of getting divorced in LOS as back home wherever that is.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On another thread there is a guy who has recently discovered that his long term Thai partner has been sleeping with a former friend, and has contracted genital herpes from that "friend". Luckily she has not passed it to him. She is an ordinary Thai with a respectable job.

There are reasons why monogamy makes sense, the above is just one of them. 

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well said man...

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We need to face reality . Most educated girls with a job and future have no interest in relationships with felangs .

A lot have no interest of course, but some westerners have a bigger selection than others. 

Anyway I don't want to get into issues other people have had with women out here, more just that the OP doesn't make the common mistake with females that so many newbies have done before. 

29 minutes ago, mcfish said:

I have nothing against paying for sex it's a good hobby but I can't get them out of the room fast enough when it's done. However it's often tinged with sadness when I see harry the hump walking down soi buhkow firmly clutch the hand of a hooker while she is firmly clutching a dozen red roses in the other

There are 2 thought processes going on at this point. One knows they have a new sponsor.. The other thinks she is the one
That my friend is not a gf experience. Or maybe you never had a real girlfriend?

I always laugh when I see the sucker guy buying roses for them because he thinks they will impress the girl, but no Thai woman I ever met has a gene for romance.

I feel sorry for you that you have apparently never slept with a BG that is attractive enough that you'd like to do it again with her after you wake up in the morning.

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's the mind set that says sex is special, and men are privileged to be able to merely be in her presence in the hope of a bonk, but before the gates to paradise can be encountered, the man must pay and pay and pay, big time. Then when she decides she can do better, he can be dumped like a piece of used lav paper. Just happened to a good friend of mine- married with a kid together, gave her a really good life style. Then he got dumped and she's going for the big payout. I know that guy really well, and no way he mistreated her.

In the western PC world, women are always perfect and right and dominant, and men are always stupid and wrong and merely to be tolerated. Just look at the tv ads they put on back home. In them, men are always idiots and fools and the women so clever and wonderful. They have been indoctrinating little girls since they could understand language and sit in front of a tv.

Umm, what kind of people are you hanging out with? Normal man/female 'western' relationships based on mutual respect are just that, 'normal'. I think the fact you think the female genitals are some 'gates to paradise' kind of suggests why women don't let you in, you have a smell of desperation it seems. Just look at basic politics, why is it that women are never elected? Look at business or professional work, why is it men are paid more? So this 'perfect, right, dominant' concept is just not evident. I think this sense of 'western PC BS' only occurs in your mind, not society.

As for leaving the guy for something better, didn't a 'Durex' survey of different countries in the world find out that Thai women cheat more than anyone else, usually in the hope of finding something 'better'. 

If a guy wrongs in a relationship in Thai the woman can take 100%, where as in the 'west' committing something morally wrong isnt a factor in financial terms. The two things you chose are actually worse here in Asia lol. So please, tell me again, what exactly is this 'western PC BS' you speak of?

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

On another thread there is a guy who has recently discovered that his long term Thai partner has been sleeping with a former friend, and has contracted genital herpes from that "friend". Luckily she has not passed it to him. She is an ordinary Thai with a respectable job.

I've always preferred a monogamous relationship.  Really haven't had luck in that department despite my best efforts.  At 64 now and thank God still good and healthy.  I pretty much stopped thinking about a long term relationship.  Although my buddies Thai wives are relentless at match making.

Right now I my memory serves me I was reading in an infectious disease journal that 86% of the population tests positive for HSV-1 or HSV-2.

The projection is aprx 100% will test positive in 5 years.  And emember thats just tose who have been tested.

14 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Condoms prevent genital herpes too. If he was not using one he was indeed foolish. 

The pill is not guaranteed to prevent pregnancy, and the only way to be sure is to always use a condom. Unless one actually wants children.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

4 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Umm, what kind of people are you hanging out with? Normal man/female 'western' relationships based on mutual respect are just that, 'normal'. I think the fact you think the female genitals are some 'gates to paradise' kind of suggests why women don't let you in, you have a smell of desperation it seems. Just look at basic politics, why is it that women are never elected? Look at business or professional work, why is it men are paid more? So this 'perfect, right, dominant' concept is just not evident. I think this sense of 'western PC BS' only occurs in your mind, not society.

As for leaving the guy for something better, didn't a 'Durex' survey of different countries in the world find out that Thai women cheat more than anyone else, usually in the hope of finding something 'better'. 

If a guy wrongs in a relationship in Thai the woman can take 100%, where as in the 'west' committing something morally wrong isnt a factor in financial terms. The two things you chose are actually worse here in Asia lol. So please, tell me again, what exactly is this 'western PC BS' you speak of?

You are correct about the Durex study.  Thai males were in a close second.