Question re. marriage paperwork

Hi all,

Good friend of mine who's an Australian got married over in Oz to his long term Thai girlfriend few months ago.

He's over here on year's multi-entry visa. He's got the Oz marriage paperwork translated into Thai.

Soon he'll be going to the Oz Embassy to get his paperwork '' certified '', if I'm using the proper phrase.

Do they have to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get all the paperwork checked etc., before they go to Bangrak to register their marriage.???

He knows that his Wife has to take with her ... Blue house book, ID Card, and 2 witnesses??? to Bangrak.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

In a few months he intends to apply for extension of stay  on grounds of marriage.

Many Thanks in advance.

He will need to get the marriage certificate legalized or certified at the OZ embassy that will have to be translated to Thai. If they will not do the legalization he can do a statutory declaration what will be accepted at an Amphoe to register their marriage.

Both the marriage certificate and the certification translation will have to be certified at the MFA's department of consular affairs in Bangkok. Most translation services can get the certification done for small additional fee.

The registration of their foreign marriage will be done at a Amphoe (district office) not in Bangkok unless they are living there. They will issue a Kor Ror 22 that will be need to apply for an extension of stay at immigration.

Many Thanks Joe,

My friend is up in my neck of the woods just now, visiting his in-laws..Chaiyaphum area. He has a home in the north-west area of Bangkok,

Once all the paperwork is done, he and his wife can then go to the local Amphoe office in N/W Bangkok and register their marriage, is that correct?,

rather than trek to Bangrak.

Once again Thank you