2016 Ducati 821 monster ( top spec )

JaiLai

Anyone currently own or has previously owned one of these?

I'm looking for some experiences ( good or bad ) as I've been offered one at a decent price with very low mileage and existing warranty 1.5 years.

Any input appreciated

Thanks

Mine was the 600 cc one, xx years ago. Had a clutch for a bodybuilder and the engine needed warming up.  Lovely frame and a seat to make a masochist weep with pleasure. 

Check the service cost. Back home, we are talking 600 Euros!! :post-4641-1156693976: Timing belt change? Get an estimate.

I chose a Honda VFR 800

vy 88.jpg

No major issues with the 821 as far as I know.

Just be aware that Ducati are awful in the city. Awesome on track and in the twisties and great for touring. Currently half way through a 3000 km tour on my 899. But don't buy one as a city commuter, get a generic jap scooter for that and save the Duc for the weekends.

Oh yeah, and the left side of the 821 looks like the back of a fridge. 

Edited by JonnyF

The 821 is a great bike. Service is expensive. Bike is very comfortable. Your fuel expenses will significantly increase. 

Very good ride. Reliable. Loud. Draws attention. Pretty useless for city commuting. Very powerful. 

Thanks for the feedback guys, don't plan on driving in the city but those points are well noted.

I have a Full Throttle scrambler ( that i'll be keeping ), 6K service was 200baht at Ducati Rangsit, still under warranty. 

A friend of mine have the Hyperstrada with same 821 engine for about 3 years and no problems.

The only problem I got with that is that he can smoke me at will and I can't keep up on my V650.:wink:

Service at Ducati in Pattaya is a bit of a nightmare, waiting for service, sometimes a week when booking.

On 12/29/2016 at 10:26 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

A friend of mine have the Hyperstrada with same 821 engine for about 3 years and no problems.

The only problem I got with that is that he can smoke me at will and I can't keep up on my V650.:wink:

Service at Ducati in Pattaya is a bit of a nightmare, waiting for service, sometimes a week when booking.

Bull shirt. Your v650 can smoked but Ducati m400 to 60km/h( 40% ride in pattaya) and to80-120km/h by Ducati m600

about 821.. hmmmm you can bet on your words ?

i can!!

Bull shirt. Your v650 can smoked but Ducati m400 to 60km/h( 40% ride in pattaya) and to80-120km/h by Ducati m600
about 821.. hmmmm you can bet on your words ?
i can!!

Had a few sherbets have we?

19 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Had a few sherbets have we?

Ok when..few sherbets in normal bar for get full ;) + cost transport to Pattaya + cost rent 821 monster..

and I choice time and way;)

ok?

Edited by ardokano

Ok when..few sherbets in normal bar for get full [emoji6] + cost transport to Pattaya + cost rent 821 monster..
 and I choice time and way;)
 ok?

I have no idea what you're talking about ????