BangkokTony

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, BangkokTony said:

555.. No I have not given PIN code.  I might be naive but not stupid

Oh dear sorry you have the stress

With passport details and bank account details it is unlikely your account can easily be drained

However I would recommend you call your bank and alert them to your concern, then follow up with confirmatory letter sent recorded delivery

I am not a lawyer but this way i think you would be protected in the event some of your fears materialised 

Happy Christmas, we all make mistakes, hindsight is wonderful

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

if you did not give him your pin number there should be no problem surely

He's given;

Bank account numbers

Passport copy (lots of info there)

Email address

Thats decent start for any identity thief worth his salts !!

It's not unknown in Thailand to run a scam like this: you get someone's personal details, and then you take out a life insurance policy on them.  When you die, they collect, and there's nothing their family can do about it.  This happened to the father of a girlfriend I had in Ayuthya years ago.  Sounds like it may be his plan for you.  Are you over 60 years old?

Edited by Saastrajaa

1 hour ago, Saastrajaa said:

It's not unknown in Thailand to run a scam like this: you get someone's personal details, and then you take out a life insurance policy on them.  When you die, they collect, and there's nothing their family can do about it.  This happened to the father of a girlfriend I had in Ayuthya years ago.  Sounds like it may be his plan for you.  Are you over 60 years old?

Yes, I am.  I hope not to die in 'suspicious circumstances" 55

On 25/12/2016 at 10:04 AM, BangkokTony said:

555.. No I have not given PIN code.  I might be naive but not stupid

Some guy on, no wait :laugh: Facebook, tells you he's a 'legal representative' (whatever that is here bearing in mind law degrees appear to be not worth the paper their printed on), meets you in a cafe and asks you for your bank details, which you duly hand over. Yes, you are.

Wow. Time to log in and go phishing :partytime2:

Edited by dageurreotype

On 25/12/2016 at 8:36 AM, Don Mega said:

Why did he need bank details, sounds like a scam to me.

A Thai will is different from a western will.

It is usual to list all bank accounts complete with account numbers.

Having gone to a well known law firm in Bangkok and had a will drawn up I can be sure of my facts.

Just now, sometimewoodworker said:

A Thai will is different from a western will.

It is usual to list all bank accounts complete with account numbers.

Having gone to a well known law firm in Bangkok and had a will drawn up I can be sure of my facts.

Fair enough, would you offer up the same info to some random from facebook like the OP  ?

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Fair enough, would you offer up the same info to some random from facebook like the OP  ?

No because I don't use Facebook ;) , but I specifically did not talk about the seeming lack of caution of the OP.

I was commenting on your question of the need for bank account details. It is a legitimate request for a Thai will.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

58 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No because I don't use Facebook ;) , but I specifically did not talk about the seeming lack of caution of the OP.

I was commenting on your question of the need for bank account details. It is a legitimate request for a Thai will.

good for you bro.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:02 PM, BangkokTony said:

Maybe I worry too much.  One account has a PIN number known only to me.  The other is a fixed deposit with no card.

Both of which can be accessed with your signature which he now has in your passport copies.

Stop the accounts quickly.

15 hours ago, Thainess said:

You gave a complete stranger on the internet your bank account details. You DESERVE to lose all your money. Hope it happens! It'll teach you a great lesson.

What unnecessary venom

A man makes an error of judgement, and you wish him bad luck, and want to make it worse

I can only speak for myself but I too have made errors of judgement

Remember What goes around comes around

I believe we are still in the season of goodwill

God bless you

On 25/12/2559 at 9:03 AM, worgeordie said:

Met a lawyer ?, on Facebook !,then proceed to  give him all your  

bank details,! I dont even trust Lawyers ,especially here,that have

a registered office,and may have been in business many years,

regards worgeordie

Yes indeed and I know one who is very very professional and have to have my pension details verifies every 6 months, but I also know another one and his wife has been given money owed to someone and guess what.
Refusing to pay this to the Lender and as far as the ratface is concerned did not give the lender back his/her money. Scum

On 12/25/2016 at 8:50 AM, BangkokTony said:

I thought maybe the account numbers (2 accounts) were not needed, but i thought it would expedite matters upon my demise. He did not ask for the amount in the accounts. 

If you don't put a freeze on your bank account asap, you can kiss your money goodbye.  Why are people so immature and gullible is beyond me.