Shirley Bassey

gennisis

PROBALY THE WRONG FORUM,but I watched the Shirley Bassey program on BBC1 this morning.

Didnt know she will be 80 next year but apart from the idiot who presented the show,she is still fabulous. 

True, she chose her songs to cover her aging voice but the high notes and volume were still there.

A fantastic entertaininer.

I was just 14 when Goldfinger was released and was into the Rolling Stones...and then I heard Shirley Bassey and thought: 'my, oh my...'

then my mate's dad who useta take us surfin' said: 'yep, that Shirley Bassey has got quite a voice...' he was a machinist ex Navy and had betty boop tattooed on his right calf who shook her ass when he flexed the muscle...

i vagually remember her visiting a pub in my village back home when contesting a talent show late 50's.

there were a few great uns who lived nearby,geraint evans,stuat burrows,later came tom jones and max boyce WHO?

She is a female Frank Sinatra, very boring voice, what little I have heard, there is not much melody to her songs I remember as a kid when she topped the bill at the London Palladium, the Alexander Brothers were on just before her, I am not really a fan of theirs, but they created a great atmosphere and had the audience, singing and clapping along with them, the Shirley Bassey came on and the atmosphere just dropped, she was so boring, look at it this way, she was no Jo Stafford, a singer who could sing anything,