EC will not oppose CDC’s proposal for election inspectors

webfact

EC will not oppose CDC’s proposal for election inspectors

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FmZbQeoQmD4l8NKL6Su2jou

BANGKOK: -- The Election Commission has softened its opposition against the Constitution Drafting Committee’s proposal to replace provincial election officials with election inspectors.

EC chairman Supachai Somcharoen said on Sunday that he had to accept the CDC’s proposal and would not voice any objection as the CDC is tasked with making law and the EC’s duty is to enforce the law.

He further said that he had dropped an earlier plan to submit to the CDC a compilation of advantages and disadvantages of retaining provincial election officials in comparison with the introduction of election inspectors as proposed by the CDC.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ec-will-not-oppose-cdcs-proposal-election-inspectors/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-26

5 hours ago, webfact said:

he had to accept the CDC’s proposal

CDC has effectively, since the passed referendum on the 2016 draft charter, nuetralized  and subverted the independence and power of the EC. I expect the CDC to continue to behave as a phantom constitutional organization after the next elections  to support Prayut's 20-year roadmap for reform while Prayut leads a dark government from the Senate.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:40 PM, elgordo38 said:

Maybe some of the voters will need to have the ballot explained to them. No doubt these guys will point out the best candidate on the ballot. J-U-N-T-A

I expect all the members of the NCPO will be embedded in the Senate by self appointment as well as the NCPO appointing all the remaining members of the Senate without requiring any election.

I also expect many of the current members of the NLA as well as family members to run for NLA office in the next election. Whether they chose to form their own party or affiliate with a compliant party such as the Democrats (ie., Abhisit with a promise of PM?), they will seek continued political power aligned with the military-dominated Senate.

By voting day Thai voters needn't concern themselves with who is on the ballot or how to use the ballot.

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

I expect all the members of the NCPO will be embedded in the Senate by self appointment as well as the NCPO appointing all the remaining members of the Senate without requiring any election.

I also expect many of the current members of the NLA as well as family members to run for NLA office in the next election. Whether they chose to form their own party or affiliate with a compliant party such as the Democrats (ie., Abhisit with a promise of PM?), they will seek continued political power aligned with the military-dominated Senate.

By voting day Thai voters needn't concern themselves with who is on the ballot or how to use the ballot.

In layman's language we are screwed.